webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

right

most MPs have leftg house

new show tomorrow - non conf motion

Going to be a bit of a damp squib for JC,s small fan club, predict TM and her Gov (or should it be Her Majesties Gov), will scrape through with 20 or so votes (from the same source that predicted tonight's vote as being a massive 200+ vote defeat).

14 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Your all ears? Poor bugger, Oh dear,

never mind.

How did all this work before the Brussels dictatorship?

Britain USED to have a very good NHS and  can again I have no doubt.

Re introduce customs 

More than half the problems seem to be from no borders and free travel and illegal immigrants as far as I can tell.

Interpol worked before and could again beef it up a bit maybe.

As for the financial obligations that was paid in full in blood in 1945 .Tell them to shove it.

39 Billion pounds would be a nice kick start to re building the UK as a nation free of EU B.S.There's a world outside of Europe waiting to trade with the UK.

How does Switzerland Do so well being a none EU country? Norway does alright as a none full member but they have EU problems with immigrants I'll admit.

But I wont comment further. Arguing here with thai visa members is a waste of precious time and effort.

The only sensible thing you manage to write is your last statement, so I won't argue.

But about your "paid in full in blood in 1945" perhaps you'd like to look up the actual casualties per country, suffered to stop the Nazis from taking over all of Europe including the UK:

-Soviet Union at least 8.7 million (up to 12)

-USA 407 thousands

-UK 383 thousands

The rest of EU countries suffered millions, just to mention a few: Romania 300k, Poland and France and Hungary over 200k each.

I don't count Germany, Italy, Austria which were on the other side and lost many more.

That is from Wikipedia, and represents the military deaths only. If you count also the civilian deaths, the sacrifice by some countries was just staggering and that went to the benefit of the UK as well. Of course the role of the UK was crucial and one should also take into account many other factors, but the "paid in full blood" thing doesn't make sense also considering that none of the present EU/UK lawmakers were actually around and fighting in 1945. If one used this logic, how far back in time are you prepared to go? Should we look in detail at how the UK became a colonialist power and at whose expense?

Still I wish you good luck on your new path outside the EU.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:28 AM, arithai12 said:

The only sensible thing you manage to write is your last statement, so I won't argue.

But about your "paid in full in blood in 1945" perhaps you'd like to look up the actual casualties per country, suffered to stop the Nazis from taking over all of Europe including the UK:

-Soviet Union at least 8.7 million (up to 12)

-USA 407 thousands

-UK 383 thousands

The rest of EU countries suffered millions, just to mention a few: Romania 300k, Poland and France and Hungary over 200k each.

I don't count Germany, Italy, Austria which were on the other side and lost many more.

That is from Wikipedia, and represents the military deaths only. If you count also the civilian deaths, the sacrifice by some countries was just staggering and that went to the benefit of the UK as well. Of course the role of the UK was crucial and one should also take into account many other factors, but the "paid in full blood" thing doesn't make sense also considering that none of the present EU/UK lawmakers were actually around and fighting in 1945. If one used this logic, how far back in time are you prepared to go? Should we look in detail at how the UK became a colonialist power and at whose expense?

Still I wish you good luck on your new path outside the EU.

You miss the point by a mile.

Germany had taken over most of Europe.

1024px-World_War_II_in_Europe%2C_1942.svg.png

The British and the Americans liberated them from German control. Did we have to? Nope. Was it a massive sacrifices? Yes. 

Was it voluntary? YES!!!

Massive difference between being taken over by Germany and going across the ocean to save someone from Germany.

So yes, continental Europe owes UK & US a massive debt for the freedoms they currently enjoy. 

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

You miss the point by a mile.

Germany had taken over most of Europe.

1024px-World_War_II_in_Europe%2C_1942.svg.png

The British and the Americans liberated them from German control. Did we have to? Nope. Was it a massive sacrifices? Yes. 

Was it voluntary? YES!!!

Massive difference between being taken over by Germany and going across the ocean to save someone from Germany.

So yes, continental Europe owes UK & US a massive debt for the freedoms they currently enjoy. 

Another person who believes that Hitler didn't ultimately have designs on the UK.  Welcome to the Neville Chamberlain Club.

(And it's kind of bizarre that you don't acknowledge the huge contribution of the Russians.)

Also, it should be noted that about 1/4 of US dead or missing came in the Pacific Theater against Japan.

Archived