Ahead of vote, UK PM May warns it would be catastrophic to halt Brexit

webfact

7 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

All that Greece, Italy or Hungary have to do is to send a letter that they trigger article 50.

They have not done so. Why? Obviously, because they do not want to leave the EU.

Your comment is nonsense.

Not nonsense at all. Its the politicians that don't want to leave. Time will tell but I firmly believe more countries will be leaving the EU. Why haven't they left yet well a multitude of reasons. There will be more populist governments in the next few years. The way France is going sooner rather than later.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:
1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Remind me who said: "“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way"?

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Who ever it was it doesn't matter. If one person more voted for leave than remain it is a victory. Let it happen and then review it after some time. Its not a best out of 3 although it would seem many remainers feel it should be,

Have you actually done your homework and discovered whom it was who said this?

You may be in for a surprise.

Just now, Moonlover said:

Have you actually done your homework and discovered whom it was who said this?

You may be in for a surprise.

Yes I know who said it. So what? It makes me laugh when some remainers claim how insignificant NF was to getting Brexit until it suits them and they start using his quotes.

2 hours ago, simtemple said:

Patronising drivel. The leave vote understood exactly what the issues were. The people have spoken.

Spoken in advisory referendum - that some love to pretend is legally binding.

Cameron tried to manipulate our constitutional parliamentary process and failed. May, even more arrogantly, tried to bypass it and failed. The reason this dysfunctional mish mash has gone on so long is that most of the current MP's are spineless and won't do the job they are paid to do.

I hope Sir Vince Cable is right. That parliament will grow some and take charge of this shambles. If so it will be despite the hypocritical lackluster liar May and the ludicrous communist Corbyn.

The only way out of this shambles is to revoke Article 50. It's likely that the Tories will implode if that happens and split up; just as Labor may split between the Momentum led far left and the center left sensible element. Would make a General Election interesting!

25 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The latest result of the weekly poll in Liverpool is;

52% Just leave/no deal

25% Accept May's deal

23% Another referendum/stay in/no comment/don't care

Pretty conclusive I'd say.

Liverpool - highly representative of the whole of the UK 555!

Guess you've never been there.

31 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not nonsense at all. Its the politicians that don't want to leave. Time will tell but I firmly believe more countries will be leaving the EU. Why haven't they left yet well a multitude of reasons. There will be more populist governments in the next few years. The way France is going sooner rather than later.

None of the countries that take out more than they put in are likely to leave, now are they/

They aren't stupid enough to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The latest result of the weekly poll in Liverpool is;

52% Just leave/no deal

25% Accept May's deal

23% Another referendum/stay in/no comment/don't care

Pretty conclusive I'd say.

Is that a statistically valid poll or just something anyone can vote on?

Has it occurred to you that you might provide links?

And in your mind Liverpool=UK?

And no previous vote is binding on a future vote.

Oh gosh, you mean the advisory vote held by the thoughtless Cameron was a legally binding must do once in a lifetime can't ever be changed vote?

You'll have the Brexiters frothing!

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

This is a weekly poll that has been going on for 18 months; except when Ron was in Thailand.

I'm an Essex lad and I reckon it would be at least 60% for a just leave/no deal in my old area .

Just now, owl sees all said:

This is a weekly poll that has been going on for 18 months; except when Ron was in Thailand.

I'm an Essex lad and I reckon it would be at least 60% for a just leave/no deal in my old area .

And you still haven't provided a link. Nor have you explained if it's a mathematically sound poll or just a poll anyone can vote in. And thanks for your reckoning? We already know you reckoned that the dollar was going to collapse by the end of 2018. So the quality of your reckoning is somewhat suspect. How about providing verifiable facts. Like a link to that poll, for starters?

46 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

There are only 2 choices, May's awful deal or no deal. Remain already eliminated by a majority of more than 1 million in favour of Leave in the referendum.

Why bother with anymore elections ever? It was all decided last time!

Or should we just keep having them till you like the result then stop?

Democracy - as long as you like the result !

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

May, just get the message will you! Another referendum is your only way out of this shambolic mess.

The British public are now aware of the lies and deceit that were used to persuade the disgruntled few that the country would be better off out of the EU. They know better now.

Let the people speak.

so you know better than the millions who voted to leave, and you can also read their minds, the vote was simple leave or stay, no option for with a deal, or without a deal, more voted to leave than did to stay, so get over it, we need to leave, the sooner the better, both sides lied.

29 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Remind me who said: "“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way"?

27 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes I know who said it. So what? It makes me laugh when some remainers claim how insignificant NF was to getting Brexit until it suits them and they start using his quotes.

Come on. Let's not hide behind the curtain, it was Nigel Falange. And anyone, from either camp are deluding themselves if they think that his input was insignificant.

To suggest that is to claim that the Moon has little influence over the tides!

He knew full well the chaos that would ensue from the result and very quickly left the scene.

Just now, steve187 said:

so you know better than the millions who voted to leave, and you can also read their minds, the vote was simple leave or stay, no option for with a deal, or with no deal, more voted to leave than did to stay, so get over it, we need to leave, the sooner the better, both sides lied, again get over it

And the previous result of a referendum was to join. So with your logic we shouldn't be leaving!

You just don't get democracy do you. Over 2 years on, with more information, people can change their mind if they wish to, either way.

It has nothing to do with pretending decisions you like can't be changed!

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Come on. Let's not hide behind the curtain, it was Nigel Falange. And anyone, from either camp are deluding themselves if they think that his input was insignificant.

He knew full well the chaos that would ensue from the result and very quickly left the scene.

Wonder if he's still collecting his MEP pay? And if he'll donate his EU pension to charity 555!

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apply a bit more democracy.

Put it back to the electorate.

And make it a compulsory vote. The 52% who won the vote actually accounts for circa 25% of the entitled voter's. There was a chart

displayed after the vote which misteriously vanished. 

3 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Yes, deal or no deal, vote would be 75% yes to no deal

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I will have to disagree with you he knew full well that their would be chaos. If you follow the man you will know that he believed like everyone else that the government would do as they promised and leave the EU, CM, SM, ECJ. They have not and having TM a remainer in charge has done exactly what she wanted and thwarted and frustrated the process. The process is simple. Leave means leave.

As NF has said the process of leaving has been hijacked by remaining politicians.

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

All that Greece, Italy or Hungary have to do is to send a letter that they trigger article 50.

They have not done so. Why? Obviously, because they do not want to leave the EU.

Your comment is nonsense.

The Greeks and Italians have the Euro and once you lose your own currency it becomes even more difficult to get out of the EU, you see? The Hungarians won't leave while they are still net beneficiaries and I don't blame them. 

And the previous result of a referendum was to join. So with your logic we shouldn't be leaving!

You just don't get democracy do you. Over 2 years on, with more information, people can change their mind if they wish to, either way.

This is not X-factor, where you get to vote every week. It’s a major undertaking for the government and electorate. It’s not just for the snowflake girls who are scweeming and scweeming.
And you cannot have another vote like the EU made the other countries do.
We had to wait over 40 years to get a second chance at it. Now that was based on real information and experience of the EU. Remainers can wait the same period.

Not that it will happen anyway. The government dare not go to the people again. Despite your and their wishes, it would still be Leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will have to disagree with you he knew full well that their would be chaos. If you follow the man you will know that he believed like everyone else that the government would do as they promised and leave the EU, CM, SM, ECJ. They have not and having TM a remainer in charge has done exactly what she wanted and thwarted and frustrated the process. The process is simple. Leave means leave.

As NF has said the process of leaving has been hijacked by remaining politicians.

The Single Market cannot be categorized as being a EU institution, it is merely a trade agreement between the EU and other states . Evidenced by the EEA agreements.

Thus the referendum did not give a mandate to leave the SM.

The official Leave Campaign never advocated  withdrawing from the SM

49 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The links got hoisted last night. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The Single Market cannot be categorized as being a EU institution, it is merely a trade agreement between the EU and other states . Evidenced by the EEA agreements.

Thus the referendum did not give a mandate to leave the SM.

The official Leave Campaign never advocated  withdrawing from the SM

Actually if you followed the whole situation before the referendum it was stated countless times by David Cameron the Prime Minister.  In case you had forgot.

41 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

There was never a referendum on joining. If there had been it would not have happened.

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

May, just get the message will you! Another referendum is your only way out of this shambolic mess.

The British public are now aware of the lies and deceit that were used to persuade the disgruntled few that the country would be better off out of the EU. They know better now.

Let the people speak.

May should be charged with Treason IMO.

Archived