Ahead of vote, UK PM May warns it would be catastrophic to halt Brexit

webfact

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Humans!!! Get off your knees. The people have the power. The truth is out there; seek and you will find.

Disrespect my cat at your peril. He has big cousins.

"Humans!!! Get off your knees. The people have the power. The truth is out there; seek and you will find."

Agree entirely, but am missing the joke about your cat's cousins?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Humans!!! Get off your knees. The people have the power. The truth is out there; seek and you will find."

Agree entirely, but am missing the joke about your cat's cousins?

Disrespect the vote; then watch out! There will be lots of angry people

46 minutes ago, lagavulin1 said:

Bloody right. How many of those now whinging voted? We don't know. Vote as important as this should at least involve a quorum of residents not a simple majority. Bloody fool Camerons fault. Should have written in a minimum pass level. Many Global votes require this flavour of democracy. 

What have we achieved for our Country? 

A disaster if we delay. Ref Mrs May

A disaster if we no deal

A disaster if we accept deal. 

Thanks for that! 

You forgot the disaster that would be staying in.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Why bother with anymore elections ever? It was all decided last time!

Or should we just keep having them till you like the result then stop?

Democracy - as long as you like the result !

Many of you guys that still go on with ‘the vote must be respected’ stance and ‘leave means leave’ surely must be questioning the validity of this argument. There was lies from both sides but it is now clearly evident that the Leave argument is no where near what was promised.

‘£350m a week for the NHS’ -  This was one of the most infamous claims of the 2016 referendum campaign, famously written on the side of a bus. The claim read: “We send the EU £350m a week to the EU. Let’s fund our NHS instead”. This has widely been debunked with even Nigel Farage admitting it was a load of hogwash. Papers published by the Office for Budget Responsibility, a Treasury watchdog, predict the United Kingdom will have to still be paying the same amount of £37.1bn up to 2023 and since the UK has still to pay its share of EU pension contributions, large payments will continue until 2064.

‘We’ll take control of the UK’s borders’’ - There was never any chance that Brexit could lead to an end to immigration as it only controls the flow of EU nationals. An estimated 219,000 citizens from other EU countries immigrated to the UK in the year to June 2018, and about 145,000 emigrated abroad. So EU ‘net migration’ was around 74,000—the lowest level recorded since the year to September 2012. However latest figures show that 285,000 people come to the UK each year from countries outside the EU. Most immigrants have always come from countries outside the EU, and that hasn’t changed. If the government really wanted to stop immigration, it could have could stop it already. Britain has always had this ability.

‘We’ll get a trade deal with the EU as it needs us more than we need it’ - The one bit of being part of the EU which almost everyone likes is the ability to trade with European countries so the Leave campaign promised (and many of you still are) that the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. This is of course nonsense as the trade disparity is immense. It is of course possible to be in the single market even though you’ve left the EU IF you’re willing to accept that the EU makes the rules and one of those rules is the free movement of EU nationals. Another sticking point for all the xenophobes.

Northern Ireland – Johnson, Gove and the rest of the Leave campaign promised “no change to the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic”. But how was that ever going to be possible? At the moment, there is freedom of movement between Northern Ireland and Ireland. The UK says it wants to end freedom of movement with the EU when Brexit takes place and given that Northern Ireland is in the UK and Ireland is in the EU, that means ending freedom of movement between Northern Ireland and Ireland - doesn’t it?

The economy will not suffer because of Brexit – Possibly one of the most blatant lies of them all. The Government’s latest economic forecasts - which they tried to keep secret - suggest the economy will be smaller by two per cent if we stay in the single market, five per cent if we sign a trade deal and eight per cent if we fall back on WTO rules. Many economists actually think this is very conservative. As I’m sure many of you living here in Thailand have seen, the pound continues to fall and everyone but everyone is predicting a fall in GDP coupled with growing inflation. If that’s good I’d hate to see your definition of bad.

And the end result is – a No Deal Brexit - Separate assessments from Whitehall and the Bank of England have painted a grim picture of the impact of a no-deal Brexit on the UK economy. In a nutshell, the pound could plummet, inflation may soar and Britain’s growth would nosedive should we crash out of the bloc. When did a no deal Brexit even become a thing? Was that in the Leave campaigns election manifesto?

It’s like you Leave supporters are merrily walking towards a cliff and despite people screaming and shouting at you that there is indeed a cliff ahead of you and you are going to fall off and do yourself a lot of harm, you would rather choose to ignore them because, ‘well I set out on this course and I’ll be damned if anyone is going to persuade me otherwise’.

As a business man myself, if I entered an agreement with a client that promised me all of this at the beginning but 2 years later I ended up with what is now the ACTUAL deal, I rightly would be running miles from it. And if they said ‘well you agreed to the deal’ I would very rightly point out that THIS IS NOT THE DEAL I AGREED TO and walk away.

It amazes me that so many of you just can’t.

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Disrespect the vote; then watch out! There will be lots of angry people

The last Brexit march in London mustered around 2,500 people, the counter demonstration mustered around 15,000.

The last Remain march in London mustered around 700,000.

Away with you and your 'lots of angry people'.

This should be a pivotal week for Brexit depending on Tuesday's vote.  At the moment there is a new story every hour with statements, threats and guesstimates coming from all sides.  Everyone is scurrying around but as usual nobody knows what is going to happen next.  By the weekend we will be in a different place as far as Brexit is concerned but for now, we are all just shouting from the rooftops!

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's not only that, you also have to bear in mind that the vast majority of uk MPs support remain - but are worried about making it obvious that they are happy to ignore a referendum result.

I Agree and no doubt MPs are being lobbied by big business remainers . Top politicians seem to be out of touch with the real people . e.g . Cameron on confidently calling for the Brexit vote and then TM calling a  GE . Both had misjudgements of the outcomes .   Have to say that if a CEO of a large company had performed the way TM has he would have been kicked out by the shareholders by now .  If I had read a fictitious novel  along the lines of this debacle I would not have been able to finish it as the plot is too far fetched .   But hey , all is not over yet and I am sure there will be more twists & turns to confuse and amaze us . TM may have an ace to play but how low will she stoop ?

Your figures are all wrong. They’ve already been debunked weeks ago. You can believe if you want to, but don’t expect anyone else to. You are the one away with the fairies.

The lots of angry people are increasing as the Remain lobby inflicts more deception on the public. If Treasonous Theresa & Co get away with their plot, it will be a case of “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

So, if it can't be properly enacted (which it looks like it can't) we should have another referendum.

Absolutely. 

I agree with you 100%.

As soon as the first referendum has been completed and we have left the EU.

Perhaps in 5 years time. After all Brexit waited for 40 years.

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Absolutely. 

I agree with you 100%.

As soon as the first referendum has been completed and we have left the EU.

Perhaps in 5 years time. After all Brexit waited for 40 years.

The problem is that Brexit is like a hash function. Easy enough to do but NP hard to reverse.

If we leave we need to be really, really sure because a reversal is close to impossible. If not sure, delay until ALL Is are dotted and the Ts crossed.

1 hour ago, superal said:

I Agree and no doubt MPs are being lobbied by big business remainers . 

This cannot be true. After all what we know from the economy experts in the Brexit campaign, Brexit is the reason why the UK economy is booming, and it will turn the UK into a Singapore-like mega-economy once freed from the business-hostile Single Market. Look at all those news reports coming in almost every day now applauding the Brexit-decision and how it is a gift for businesses and the economy. 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The lots of angry people are increasing as the Remain lobby inflicts more deception on the public. If Treasonous Theresa & Co get away with their plot, it will be a case of “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

Wet dreams of some hooligans, anarchists and keyboard warriors who have achieved nothing in their life and thus find some hope in making others‘ life more miserable. Police will take care of them. 

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Your figures are all wrong. They’ve already been debunked weeks ago. You can believe if you want to, but don’t expect anyone else to. You are the one away with the fairies.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I keep reading that most people have just had enough of Brexit in or out just make it go away,anyway who can afford to pay for a train ticket down to London to have a riot? the remainers will just throw pineapples at the gammons.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

That interviewer was very annoying and was trying to override Marc Francois who was trying to answer his questions.

As was Mishal Hussain (BBC Radio 4 'Today') when the mayor of Calais failed to toe-the-line last week.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The last Brexit march in London mustered around 2,500 people, the counter demonstration mustered around 15,000.

The last Remain march in London mustered around 700,000.

Away with you and your 'lots of angry people'.

Figures that were later dispelled and posted in real time as they became available.

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

But they didn't - as the vast majority of MPs want to remain, but are worried about losing their seats if they obviously support remain.....

FYI: Moves are afoot to de-select MP's in constituencies where they are deliberately defying the will of their electorate. 

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

FYI: Moves are afoot to de-select MP's in constituencies where they are deliberately defying the will of their electorate. 

I am surprised that you of all people seem to not understand how our representative democracy works. Does it not give the moronic thugs pause that all the smart people think differently? I guess not. Mob rule on the way. I guess we have only ourselves to blame.

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am surprised that you of all people seem to not understand how our representative democracy works. Does it not give the moronic thugs pause that all the smart people think differently? I guess not. Mob rule on the way. I guess we have only ourselves to blame.

Here's an example:

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Here's an example:

Well let's see. I think the majority will respect a man who acts in a way that he believes is in his constituents best interests and hang the consequences.

Life is full of examples of people who do what they think is best for their "tribe". It's called altruism or philanthropy ( stamp collecting)

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well let's see. I think the majority will respect a man who acts in a way that he believes is in his constituents best interests and hang the consequences.

lol, The Majority in his constituency voted leave.

Archived