Ahead of vote, UK PM May warns it would be catastrophic to halt Brexit

webfact

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

lol, The Majority in his constituency voted leave.

You STILL don't understand do you! He should act according to what HE believes is in the best interest of his constituents. Think about that!

His constituents views may affect his decision BUT, ultimately, it's his decision. 

Hanging and free beer beer are the usual exemplars of why one might not wish to listen to opinions too closely!

It's a good system!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Here's an example:

I doubt he has received 78,326 letters. Anyway, the Tories intentionally leaking when their very own MPs are being attacked in order to let the mob decide, just shows what a circus the UK is these days. And a Brexiteer promoting such actions just shows how little you care about democracy. 

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well let's see. I think the majority will respect a man who acts in a way that he believes is in his constituents best interests and hang the consequences.

Not the Stamfordians and Granthamians, Grouse. They won't care about the consequences, they'll hang him up like their Lincolnshire sausages!

Image result for lincolnshire sausages

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You STILL don't understand do you! He should act according to what HE believes is in the best interest of his constituents. Think about that!

Attempts to de-select in these circumstances are entirely appropriate, even in wards that voted to remain and are ungratefully saddled with one of ours ????

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I doubt he has received 78,326 letters. Anyway, the Tories intentionally leaking when their very own MPs are being attacked in order to let the mob decide, just shows what a circus the UK is these days. And a Brexiteer promoting such actions just shows how little you care about democracy. 

Me too. Where can you see that number?

23 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Feel free to bring the matter up as soon as our decision to leave has been finalised.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The problem is that Brexit is like a hash function. Easy enough to do but NP hard to reverse.

If we leave we need to be really, really sure because a reversal is close to impossible. If not sure, delay until ALL Is are dotted and the Ts crossed.

The only problem you have there is that "delays" can last several lifetimes, we need to get out and show the world the UK has still got a backbone and we don't need the EU to spoon feed us.

You sure you're a Tyke?

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The last Brexit march in London mustered around 2,500 people, the counter demonstration mustered around 15,000.

The last Remain march in London mustered around 700,000.

Away with you and your 'lots of angry people'.

I live in London and we would certainly noticed an influx of nearly three quarters of a million people especially if they'd been 'marching'.

We certainly knew it when the 'Don't Attack Iraq' demo took place although it went off peaceably.

We also noticed it when Whitehall was blocked off by demonstrators for most of the day from Trafalgar Square to Parliament Square on the 14th July 2018 over another issue. which also went off peaceably.

9 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

The percentage is now smaller????

Done your own poll have you?

I gaurantee the leave percentage would be a lot more than 52% now that people have seen that the mafia running the EU are nothing more than bullying criminals

The demographics don't work in your favour according to UGOV ... the numbers of Brexit supporters that have died mean that today if everyone voted the same remain would win ... bear in mind the 1.5m young people who are now eligible to vote, and are a great deal more motivated to drag their backsides to the polling booth.

The key reason that Brexiteers don't want a second vote is that they would lose.  

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

The demographics don't work in your favour according to UGOV ... the numbers of Brexit supporters that have died mean that today if everyone voted the same remain would win ... bear in mind the 1.5m young people who are now eligible to vote, and are a great deal more motivated to drag their backsides to the polling booth.

The key reason that Brexiteers don't want a second vote is that they would lose.  

By your reckoning we'd all be dead before we reached the polling booth.

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

His constituents views may affect his decision BUT, ultimately, it's his decision. 

Hanging and free beer beer are the usual exemplars of why one might not wish to listen to opinions too closely!

It's a good system!

Looks like Nick is in the brown stuff. I agree with this from the councilor (below) and there will be several similar cases nationwide (except London, of course). All these winkers are getting away with not honouring the manifestos that get them elected and the worst offenders need pulling up now. The full report is in the link.

Coun Foulkes replied to the MP: “So why didn’t you make this speech before the General Election? Or when Theresa May was saying ‘Brexit Means Brexit’ and especially ‘No deal is better than a bad deal.’ All this was in the party manifesto.”

https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/nick-boles-must-go-demands-senior-stamford-conservative-9058951/

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The key reason that Remainers want a second vote is that they DID lose. 

44 minutes ago, vogie said:

The only problem you have there is that "delays" can last several lifetimes, we need to get out and show the world the UK has still got a backbone and we don't need the EU to spoon feed us.

You sure you're a Tyke?

He likes tyke-aways of a Friday too.

9 hours ago, blazes said:

And how precisely do they "know better now"??

It's pathetic to see people on here, who have fled the UK of the European Union, now having the luxury of telling us all how much better off we will be if we REMAIN in the Union of European Soviet Republics.....

They're just worried about the exchange rate that's why!

Other than that they couldn't care less about our staying in or leaving the EU.

Two of my ex pat pals who live in Pattaya know little about what's becoming of the UK and care even less but all they're bothered about is the GBP going down to 35 baht etc and they readily admit it. But they take it as one of the pitfalls of abroad and don't bleat about it on a daily basis.

Another one had a magnificent pension but has seen that go down by 18,000 baht a month since June '16. He just shrugs and has much the same attitude as the other two.

54 minutes ago, evadgib said:

As predicted in Mark Francois interview...

What a big surprise. Seems like the Brexit propaganda media doesn’t have much more to talk about than what everyone knew already. 

47 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I couldn't put this any better myself (but without her soprano voice) :

“the bid for a second referendum is anything other than a bid to stop Brexit” — at least one Brexiteer who realizes that people wouldn’t for vote Brexit in a not-manipulated fair vote. 

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not nonsense at all. Its the politicians that don't want to leave. Time will tell but I firmly believe more countries will be leaving the EU. Why haven't they left yet well a multitude of reasons. There will be more populist governments in the next few years. The way France is going sooner rather than later.

Being stabbed in the back is what one must expect when a committed Remainer is entrusted with brokering the terms of a deal to have Britain escape the dictatorial tyranny of the EU. The vast majority of Tory MPs are Globalists and Remainers and it's all those betrayers of the nation and the electorate we should blame for what's happening.

You've only got to see how May simpers and grins and gets all touchy feely in the company of Barnier and Juncker and Co when she meets them. "Don't worry chaps, I know what I'm doing. Britain's going nowhere" she's telling them.

May is a ‘globalist’ and always has been. That’s why she supported the Remainers and voted against Brexit and leaving the EU. And that's why the Tory party selected her to conduct the fiasco we're current witnessing.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Attempts to de-select in these circumstances are entirely appropriate, even in wards that voted to remain and are ungratefully saddled with one of ours ????

That's entirely appropriate. I salute those who act upon their true feelings on either side. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

You sure you're a Tyke?

I am tha'lad; born an' bred!

12 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Time for retirement, Theresa. But not in in a warm place, like French riviera or perhaps... ?

May i  suggest  the  tower,  would be a more suitable place , for retirement.

More too follow . 

Archived