Republican Senator Graham urges Trump to open U.S. government temporarily

webfact

Of course every company in China is begging for an end to the trade war. I provided proof that the trade balance with China is at an all time high. How is that not failing by Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
What you "provided" is an opinion based editorial. Not what I would consider "proof" of anything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

54 minutes ago, sstuff3 said:

What you "provided" is an opinion based editorial. Not what I would consider "proof" of anything.

How about the Wall Street Journal? Owned by Rupert Murdoch. From its news pages:

China’s Annual Trade Surplus With U.S. Hits Record Despite Trump’s Tariff Offensive

China posted a trade surplus of $323.32 billion with the U.S. in 2018

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-annual-trade-surplus-with-u-s-hits-record-despite-trumps-tariff-offensive-11547439977

1 hour ago, sstuff3 said:

Opinion editorial???? Now figures from the US government Customs department are editorials? What's next in Trump world? The earth is flat?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-2018-exports-7-1-percent-imports-12-022822612--finance.html

How about the Wall Street Journal? Owned by Rupert Murdoch. From its news pages:

China’s Annual Trade Surplus With U.S. Hits Record Despite Trump’s Tariff Offensive

China posted a trade surplus of $323.32 billion with the U.S. in 2018

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-annual-trade-surplus-with-u-s-hits-record-despite-trumps-tariff-offensive-11547439977

Since 1995, China has been recording consistent trade surpluses which from 2004 to 2009 has increased 10 times. In 2017, China’s total trade incensed by 14.2 percent as exports grew 10.8 percent and imports rose 18.7 percent.

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/china/balance-of-trade

Since the surplus has been consistent since 1995, why are you obsessing about it now?

It's a non-news event that is being used to stir the pot (aided by you and others) and create the perception that it's President Trump's fault. Stop perpetuating this nonsense.

Opinion editorial???? Now figures from the US government Customs department are editorials? What's next in Trump world? The earth is flat?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-2018-exports-7-1-percent-imports-12-022822612--finance.html
The first link you provided was an editorial.
Fact!

On 1/14/2019 at 2:26 PM, IAMHERE said:

So go ahead and build the wall, it is only five or six billion. That isn't much money when there is a trillion dollar deficit. Build the wall with the extra tariff money from the Chinese.

Do you believe that Trumps folly wall will only cost 5 or 6,000.000,000 USD.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/-trump-tariffs-would-make-a-steel-slat-border-wall-much-more-costly.html

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-border-wall-how-much-it-will-actually-cost-according-to-a-statistician

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-border-wall-billions-unseen-costs-gao-report-2018-8

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/real-cost-trump-border-wall-195830968.html

http://fortune.com/2019/01/11/in-two-weeks-the-costs-of-the-shutdown-will-surpass-the-cost-of-trumps-wall/

The total cost of the entire wall is estimated at $21 Billion. He is asking for $5.7 Billion this year.

Illegal aliens cost American citizens more in three months than the wall will cost to build in its entirety. 

Where's the drama in this? [emoji848]

Build it!

11 hours ago, sstuff3 said:

The total cost of the entire wall is estimated at $21 Billion. He is asking for $5.7 Billion this year.

Illegal aliens cost American citizens more in three months than the wall will cost to build in its entirety. 

Where's the drama in this? emoji848.png

Build it!

So apart from Mexico Trump ONLY wants $5.7 billion this year with another 1 billion to follow later.

Then of course there will be the annual maintenance costs, extra Border Force staff and managers to manage and patrol the new wall/fence/barrier/call it what you will, extra vehicles and mechanics to get the patrollers to their stations.

Don't forget that they will need somewhere to live which will need to be cleaned which in turn will require more staff.

Then of course there will need to be facilities for any illegals who get caught. Of course it will mean 24/7 coverage and that would mean 3 times the staff requirements plus a few more to cover for sickness, holidays etc.

You think just the same as Trump. All he sees is what he WANTS to see and nothing further. Extremely short term thinking and nothing past perhaps tomorrow.

You are sort of correct when you ask "Where's the drama in this?"

The answer is, that the only drama is that totally manufactured by Trump and eagerly swallowed by his supporters.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:09 AM, utalkin2me said:

I don't get it. Call me dense. But why can't they either keep the finance departments open so the paychecks can go out, or why can't they let them go in for a day or two to get checks out? They are gonna go out anyway. Why is stuff like this such a mystery? They obviously keep many parts of the govt open, so why not those parts that can keep people paid? 

One possibility is RIF procedures (look up reduction in force procedure).

This can be used to move, remove or demote? certain employees from previous admin,  that are obstructing, delaying, or are generally using their positions to circumvent, sabotage policies they disagree with for political reasons.

30 days or 22 working days furluogh required for RIF .

A method for cleaning fed employees which are very hard to fire as they protect their little fiefdoms and cover for each other.

17 hours ago, sstuff3 said:

Since 1995, China has been recording consistent trade surpluses which from 2004 to 2009 has increased 10 times. In 2017, China’s total trade incensed by 14.2 percent as exports grew 10.8 percent and imports rose 18.7 percent.

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/china/balance-of-trade

Since the surplus has been consistent since 1995, why are you obsessing about it now?

It's a non-news event that is being used to stir the pot (aided by you and others) and create the perception that it's President Trump's fault. Stop perpetuating this nonsense.

But the point of Trump's tariffs was to reverse that. That it doesn't seem to be working is news.

9 minutes ago, sstuff3 said:

That you and others seem to think change happens fast and the results will be immediately evident is laughable. emoji849.png

This is your hero talking about the wall just recently.  If you take the time to watch this video, you must admit that it's....freakin embarrassing.  Not just the lying, but just....everything.  This is our President.  He's an embarrassing spectacle....

This is your hero talking about the wall just recently.  If you take the time to watch this video, you must admit that it's....freakin embarrassing.  Not just the lying, but just....everything.  This is our President.  He's an embarrassing spectacle....

[/url]  
That was 4:45 minutes of my life wasted that I'll never get back. Just another propaganda piece put together that highlights the hatred the left has for this President.
BTW, I never said he is my "hero", but as an American, he IS my President.

6 minutes ago, sstuff3 said:

That was 4:45 minutes of my life wasted that I'll never get back. Just another propaganda piece put together that highlights the hatred the left has for this President.

I wasn't even referring to the guy narrating and commenting...although he's right.  But just Trump talking to these farmers and going off on some bizarre, incoherent, nonsensical tangent.  "Parts?"  "Ports?"  The man is losing what's left of his mind. 

49 minutes ago, sstuff3 said:

As Americans, respecting demagogues that act like they are the dictator Kings of a nation that is supposed to be a constitutional democratic republic, is not required, and is indeed contrary to core American values. That he constantly calls the press the enemy of the people should be a red flag -- this is NOT a normal situation, that's the rhetoric of authoritarian dictators throughout the ages. 

As Americans, respecting demagogues that act like they are the dictator Kings of a nation that is supposed to be a constitutional democratic republic, is not required, and is indeed contrary to core American values. That he constantly calls the press the enemy of the people should be a red flag -- this is NOT a normal situation, that's the rhetoric of authoritarian dictators throughout the ages. 
Please provide specific examples of HOW he acts like a dictator. The truth is, he is one of the most, if not the most, transparent Presidents America has ever had.

He has never said the "press is the enemy" of the people. Stop spreading this lie.

He HAS said that the "fake news" is the enemy of the people, which I believe is true, don't you?

Or do you think we should encourage and applaud the constant barrage of "editorial and opinion" based reporting packaged as "news"?

He wasn't elected to tiptoe around your feelings, he was elected to do what most past Presidents failed to do: exactly what he said he was going to do when he was running for election. Everything he has done thus far was included in his election campaign promises.

IMO, it is quite refreshing to see a President who actually does what he said he was going to do. That's deserving of respect in my book!

Please provide specific examples of HOW he acts like a dictator. The truth is, he is one of the most, if not the most, transparent Presidents America has ever had.

He has never said the "press is the enemy" of the people. Stop spreading this lie.

He HAS said that the "fake news" is the enemy of the people, which I believe is true, don't you?

Or do you think we should encourage and applaud the constant barrage of "editorial and opinion" based reporting packaged as "news"?

He wasn't elected to tiptoe around your feelings, he was elected to do what most past Presidents failed to do: exactly what he said he was going to do when he was running for election. Everything he has done thus far was included in his election campaign promises.

IMO, it is quite refreshing to see a President who actually does what he said he was going to do. That's deserving of respect in my book!

What happened to his promise of health care for all much better and much cheaper? Did you forget that one? The midterm voters didn't. He's made things worse.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived