davehowden

5 hours ago, MrBrad said:

You need copies of your

• photo page
  • most recent entry stamp into Thailand
  • departure card
  • current visa, and your
  • TM30.

You also need to provide a photo and cash, of course.

And decide in advance, do you want:

- A single exit and re-entry stamp? or

- A multiple exit and re-entry stamp? Good for unlimited exits and re-entries for one year from gaining this stamps and of course within the expiry date of your actual visa.

Not possible to leave the country during that time. You'd have to reaply for the visa upon return.

If you leave the country and pass customs at cnx or bkk airport, Its very easy to get the re entry permit done at the airport. Costs a little extra but saves you time to visit your local immigration office. 

I do this every year when I renew my Extension.

I get my Multi Re-entry permits at the Jomtien office. Takes about 20 minutes (though last time it only took 10 minutes).

I have a checklist in a folder specifically for this. On that checklist:

TM.8 Application (include passport size photo and add phone number beside signature). http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/form_tm8.pdf
Photocopies of:

1. Facepage of passport
  2. old Re-Entry permit (if applicable)
  3. New yearly Extension stamp
  4. Departure card.

(All signed of course.)

1,900 baht for a Single Re-Entry or 3,800 baht for a Multi Re-entry permit.

Note that different Immigration offices (and even different Immigration Officers) can have different requirements so don't be surprised if you go to a different office and they ask for different things (like a photocopy of the passport page showing your last entry stamp or showing where your Visa was transferred to a new passport, etc, etc).

I believe 'under consideration' means that you have already applied with all needed paperwork and the Immig has shuffled your papers into the pile. Or, like in my case, Immig would not issue new Non-O until 60 day tourist visa was on final day. I was 'under consideration' for 2 weeks and then on my last day i got my Non-O with no problem.

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I get my Multi Re-entry permits at the Jomtien office. Takes about 20 minutes (though last time it only took 10 minutes).

TM.8 Application (include passport size photo and add phone number beside signature). http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/form_tm8.pdf
Photocopies of:

1. Facepage of passport
  4. Departure card.

(All signed of course.)

Note that different Immigration offices (and even different Immigration Officers) can have different requirements so don't be surprised if you go to a different office and they ask for different things (like a photocopy of the passport page showing your last entry stamp or showing where your Visa was transferred to a new passport, etc, etc).

Hi

Can I do this rentry permit thing for a single entry non o visa (based on being parent of a Thai child)

Many thanks

11 hours ago, swissman53 said:

A single reentry cost 1000 Bath NOT 1900

Correct. Not sure why I keep thinking it's 1,900. Probably read something about it years ago or got it confused with something else. Never actually got a single re-entry permit myself as I always expect that I could end up making multiple trips each year (especially when working overseas).

Correct. Not sure why I keep thinking it's 1,900. Probably read something about it years ago or got it confused with something else. Never actually got a single re-entry permit myself as I always expect that I could end up making multiple trips each year (especially when working overseas).

1,900 baht is the cost for yearly extension .

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Photocopies of:

1. Facepage of passport
  4. Departure card.

(All signed of course.)

You got in ahead of me. In my experience, it's best to go ask them what they want BEFORE applying, as they often come up with new requirements. That's why I'd never do it at the airport, as one is probably unable to go get whatever new item they have invented to stuff up one's day.

In 3 years of applying for non O extensions they came up with new, unpublished requirements every time. The 4th time I gave up and used an agency.

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You got in ahead of me. In my experience, it's best to go ask them what they want BEFORE applying, as they often come up with new requirements. That's why I'd never do it at the airport, as one is probably unable to go get whatever new item they have invented to stuff up one's day.

You're quoting a poster who for some inexplicable reason came to the Chiangmai forum to tell us what he supposedly was required to file in the Jomtien office.  Best to ignore that info as it's irrelevant to Chiangmai. 

To obtain a re-entry permit at regular Immigration (or at the re-entry desk at the airport itself when departing through the international portion of the terminal) in Chiangmai, one needs to have with them the following:

1.  TM 8 - completed and signed. You can obtain the form from the Thai Immigration website:  https://www.immigration.go.th/download/  (the TM8 form is #15 in that list).  Neatly print your telephone number just below your signature.  Paste/glue your photo over the photo box area on the form  (photo size is 4cm x 6cm....which is not the size of the box on the form...with a medium blue background).

2.  Photocopies (all must be signed) from passport:

a.  Photo/Identification Page

b.  Current visa (or extension) page

c.  Entry date page

d.  Departure (TM6) card

3.  Original passport. 

4.  Fees:  1000 baht for a single and 3,800 baht for a multiple.

[Poster MrBrad indicated that a copy of your TM30 Receipt of Notification is also required and, if so, that is a recent/new requirement.  Probably best to take along a copy in case he is correct.  Also, sign everything with blue ink to be on the safe side.]

CMBob -

Just done a re-entry. No TM30 required.

Slight clarification, if you have just done your extension you need your current extension page and the new one you have just obtained.

ie the one up to 2019 and the one valid until 2020

8 hours ago, briley said:

Just done a re-entry. No TM30 required.

Slight clarification, if you have just done your extension you need your current extension page and the new one you have just obtained.

ie the one up to 2019 and the one valid until 2020

Didn't think a copy of the TM30 Receipt of Notification was required.

Your clarification leaves me confused.  Immediately after getting my new annual extension, I get a photocopy of the new extension to add to the other paperwork to immediately apply for my re-entry (multiple) permit; however, I've never given them a copy of the "old" extension (which, technically, still has about a month until its expiration date).  Did they ask you for that or did you simply give it presuming it was needed?

CMBob and Briley:

Requirements for a re-entry permit seem to change by the day.  Just last week on the 9th I applied for and got a one-time re-entry permit at Immigration here in Chiang Mai. 

The folks at the copy shop across the road, the gal outside Immigration at the top of the steps as well as the clerks inside all wanted a photocopy of my TM30.  To my dismay somehow over the year I'd lost my small slip of paper.  I was required to go up to the 3rd floor for a new TM30.  A photocopy was also made and submitted with my other paperwork. 

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks, MrBrad....yea, it would appear that the requirements change from day to day, officer to officer, and full moon to partial moon.  I always take the kitchen sink with me just in case they ask for it (a couple of years back, the Officer handling my annual extension insisted I provide a photocopy of every filled-out page of my passport...including pages that only contained stamps from other countries...and the Officer was actually taken a bit back when I simply reached into my folder and handed the packet to her).  

If I know I will be leaving the country twice in the next year, can I get Two Single re-entry permits rather than a multiple re-entry permit?
The cost would be 1800 Baht less.

Sure you can, but you would have to travel before you buy your second one.
I.e. you can’t buy two at the same time.

Archived