How Long Time Can I Stay In Thailand As Tourist ?

Hi, I am one of the looser after the new rules for the retirement visa.

I hope UBONJOE read my topic. He knows very much about what I am asking for.

8 years I've been in Thailand with my retired visa with an 800 000 THB in the bank account.

Now they change the rules and I have to transfer to a Thai Bank from Sweden 65000 THB every month.

I don't have that income. I am 80 + and I survive on 30000 THB monthly because I can't drink alcohol and can't make a lady happy. So I pay my rent and eat a little every day and drink water and look at the birds.

My question is after I leave Thailand when I come back as a tourist how long time maximum a year can I stay in Thailand????  Do they give me 3 months visa the first time? After that if I go to Malaysia and come back again , Do I get 1 month more visa and how many times I can do that ? 

Or shall I go to Malaysia or Vietnam for 3 months and come back again or maybe Philippines .

The problem is I can't stay in cold in Scandinavia. I have less pain when the temperature is round 30 degrees.

THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE. THANK YOU UBONJOE. 

So Thailand loose me and I can't stay in Africa there they kill each other and my life is ending soon.

Edited by metisdead
All caps removed from topic title.

If the 800.000 is still in the bank, you still can use that method. Get a bank letter proving that the 800000 was there 3 months before the date you apply for an extension,  and you will be fine.

There is no need for the 65K THB deposit every month if the 800.000 is still there. It has not changed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alfa said:

8 years I've been in Thailand with my retired visa with an 800 000 THB in the bank account

Now they change the rules and I have to transfer to a Thai Bank from Sweden 65000 THB every month. 

The only people affected by the rule-change are those who are using the "income" method to qualify for their annual extensions via an embassy-letter from the USA, UK, AU, Denmark.   No others have been affected.

Your 800K "in the bank," seasoned for 3 mo prior to apply for the extension, will still work the same as in previous years.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, Alfa said:

8 years I've been in Thailand with my retired visa with an 800 000 THB in the bank account.

The rules have not changed. You do not need to transfer 65K to Thailand month.

They have added a new option for people to prove their income IF they use income to meet the financial requirements.

You can still use 800K in the bank. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH CARIB,JACK,ELVIAJERO and EVERYBODY.

YOU MADE MY DAY.

to Drjack54 , what about Spanish, yes I've been to Canary Islands like all Scandinavians, of course I speak some Spanish. Is there any Spanish speaking country for us retired people?

Thanks again.

Al.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alfa said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH CARIB,JACK,ELVIAJERO and EVERYBODY.

YOU MADE MY DAY.

to Drjack54 , what about Spanish, yes I've been to Canary Islands like all Scandinavians, of course I speak some Spanish. Is there any Spanish speaking country for us retired people?

Thanks again.

Al.

Alfa, it was joke. As advised, as you can meet the 800k in Thai bank requirement, you can remain in wonderful Thailand. Have a nice day sir.