Four girls orphaned as parents killed in Ang Thong motorcycle accident

webfact

Four girls orphaned as parents killed in Ang Thong motorcycle accident

By The Nation

b6971540a37be5d99af742def1be8d98-sld.jpe

A couple was killed when their motorcycle crashed into the rear of a trailer truck parked on an Ang Thong roadside early Monday, leaving behind four daughters.

Police said the accident happened at 1am on the Bangkok-bound Asia highway in Moo 5 village in Tambon Chaiyaphum, Ang Thong's Chaiyo district.

The two victims were identified as Chanet Boonrai, 33 and his wife, Ploypairin Thiamsorn, 34.

The truck driver, Kamolnatee Srisat, 22, told police that he had pulled over to urinate when he heard a loud crash.

He walked round to the back of the truck and found the victims.

Ploypairin’s mother, Samree Pitsuwan, 51, who lives in Phichit, told police that the couple had visited their four daughters at Samree's house over the weekend and were returning to work in Saraburi.

Their eldest daughter is 12 years old and youngest just eight months, Samree added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362193

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-14

Very sad for the girls, but it amazes me how regular this type of accident occurs here. I mean even if the truck was parked in a selfish and dangerous position (which it probably was) how on earth do people still not see it!  Its no wonder everything gets blamed on bad brakes here. 

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

the truck was parked in a selfish and dangerous position (which it probably was)

The truck driver had pulled over to the far left lane and stopped to have a leak. What's selfish or dangerous with that?

42 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The truck driver had pulled over to the far left lane and stopped to have a leak. What's selfish or dangerous with that?

Vacuum sure does like to be confrontational. I can not see anywhere where it says the truck pulled over to “the far left lane”. 

Please enlighten both myself and Dmaxdan as to how you know this. 

Or are you just having another “bad hair day”

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I mean even if the truck was parked in a selfish and dangerous position (which it probably was) how on earth do people still not see it! 

Looking at his phone maybe.. see it so often here. Tragic waste of life ????????

Simply very sad.

Seems like the lights of the truck aren't that bad so really the rider must have been quite careless.

What often is "forgotten" is switching on the warning lights in such a situation (stopping on the highway).

This can make a big difference in the dark night to realize that a vehicle in front is not moving (normally).

17 hours ago, neeray said:

Vacuum sure does like to be confrontational. I can not see anywhere where it says the truck pulled over to “the far left lane”. 

Please enlighten both myself and Dmaxdan as to how you know this. 

Or are you just having another “bad hair day”

How about this;

a trailer truck parked on an Ang Thong roadside

Or this;

The truck driver, Kamolnatee Srisat, 22, told police that he had pulled over to urinate

Where do you think he parked his vehicle?

Archived