"Farang to blame" as Thai man knocked off his motorcycle in South Pattaya

webfact

"Farang to blame" as Thai man knocked off his motorcycle in South Pattaya

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media Sanook were quick to blame a western driver who they said blindly came out of an intersection and hit a Thai man on a motorcycle. 

The accident happened at the Wat Chai intersection on Beach 2 road. 

Police found a damaged red Volvo with Bangkok plates driven by 56 year old Patrick Guy Felio stopped at the scene. 

Toppled over on the road surface was a Zoomer-X Honda that had been ridden by Chaimongkhon, also 56. 

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

He had an injury to the left side of his rib cage and road rash. He was taken to hospital by Sawang Boriboon rescue foundation. 

Before he departed he told reporters that he was travelling normally along the road when the red car suddenly came out of the intersection and hit him. There are lights at the intersection. 

In their headline Sanook used an expression that indicated the foreigner blindly came out of a side soi without looking, clearly laying the blame with him. 

Pattaya police are investigating. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-14

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this intersection well, and if the car was really coming from South Road (same as the bus on 2nd pic) then I really doubt that the car drove at red light.

By experience I would bet that the bike burned the red light by too many seconds... as too often the case there.

always blame person with more money, BUT not that much more money (or they have power).  Of course blame farang for coming here and creating an unsafe atmosphere.  Farang, you pay 200,000 baht, help this country, go home, but come back in 30-days ok, but next time you bring 300,000.  farang should never have been driving, and could have been much safer at the intersection.  I always get out of my car, look, have 100 cameras, ask everyone if safe, check from my drone... then i go.  simple.  

Yeah... it's at night and can just wonder if the man even have the lights on, on his motorcycle!?
Yesterday, while riding my bicycle, I had to go out from the shoulder and in the traffic just to avoid an accident with a motorcycle driving full speed, on the wrong side and lights off... but hey, Thai people seems to need the knowledge to drive safely as much as they apparently need to learn English!?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media Sanook were quick to blame a western driver who they said blindly came out of an intersection and hit a Thai man on a motorcycle. 

1,  This  cannot  be as  no person is  ever  responsible in Thailand  

2 Many Thais especially  motorbikes  pull  out of junction without even a  glance right

I stopped after causing a minor accident, something a Thai does a thousand times a day, and could have been avoided if the woman didn’t have her head turned 360 talking to her pillion. 

Never again, I’m sorry to say.

Doing the right thing doesn’t always seem to the best thing to do, unfortunately.

In a nation with such a high road traffic accident rate, how does a simple ding escalate to national enquiry. Shame is a word missing from the dictionary. 

23 minutes ago, kannot said:

1,  This  cannot  be as  no person is  ever  responsible in Thailand  

2 Many Thais especially  motorbikes  pull  out of junction without even a  glance right

Yep. Usually get between 1 to 3 every trip. Pull out turning right across 2 lanes of busy main road and never bother looking right to see it it's clear. 

4 hours ago, puukao said:

always blame person with more money, BUT not that much more money (or they have power).  Of course blame farang for coming here and creating an unsafe atmosphere.  Farang, you pay 200,000 baht, help this country, go home, but come back in 30-days ok, but next time you bring 300,000.  farang should never have been driving, and could have been much safer at the intersection.  I always get out of my car, look, have 100 cameras, ask everyone if safe, check from my drone... then i go.  

Are you mao???

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In their headline Sanook used an expression that indicated the foreigner blindly came out of a side soi without looking, clearly laying the blame with him. 

This is a bit rich? Thais do it all the time. Isn't the law "Give way to traffic coming from the left"?

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I know this intersection well, and if the car was really coming from South Road (same as the bus on 2nd pic) then I really doubt that the car drove at red light.

By experience I would bet that the bike burned the red light by too many seconds... as too often the case there.

Yes, but the bike driver is a Thai...

Archived