"Farang to blame" as Thai man knocked off his motorcycle in South Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, puukao said:

always blame person with more money, BUT not that much more money (or they have power).  Of course blame farang for coming here and creating an unsafe atmosphere.  Farang, you pay 200,000 baht, help this country, go home, but come back in 30-days ok, but next time you bring 300,000.  farang should never have been driving, and could have been much safer at the intersection.  I always get out of my car, look, have 100 cameras, ask everyone if safe, check from my drone... then i go.  simple.  

You dont have a spotter looking as you move? Really, it is Pattaya you know which is in Thailand. I think you should get a spotter to check every corner before you move.

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

Just installed a new car cam to replace the old one. Cameras will reveal the lies and cheats.

We have at the moment 2 cameras in our car (one facing forwards and one facing backwards) but I am looking to install another 2 (one facing left and one facing right)

6 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I know this intersection well, and if the car was really coming from South Road (same as the bus on 2nd pic) then I really doubt that the car drove at red light.

By experience I would bet that the bike burned the red light by too many seconds... as too often the case there.

Are you assuming a Thai don't respect a red light...??...:whistling:

12 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Anyone driving  here without number 1 insurance and a dash cam are crazy.  Hope this guy at least has no.1 ins.

Its a real risk that he hasn't as it is an old car and definitely not if rented...

I have seen many stupid farangs here and many stupid Thais so only CCTV can reveal what really happened. Also it would be nice to have the foreigner version of what happened before we can conclude. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

I have seen many stupid farangs here and many stupid Thais so only CCTV can reveal what really happened. Also it would be nice to have the foreigner version of what happened before we can conclude. 

Do anyone get wiser of an explanation saying "he appeared from now where as shot out of a cannon"...??...:shock1:

Pattaya is still better, if you want to see hell of professional drivers with “license to kill” just come to Chiang Mai. They don’t really hesitate to kill you especially when they stick to you from behind to push you away. 

Comming out of soy without looking or opening driver doors happenes everyday at every corner. 

100,000 baht foreigner be on his way home....done deal...other than that will be 4 or 5 visits to the police station, drawing maps and diagrams, calling on phoney witnesess, this thai guy knows how lucky he is.....unless of course Johnny Foreigner has 1st class insurance that will back him up on the scene and the charade that will continue

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media Sanook were quick to blame a western driver who they said blindly came out of an intersection and hit a Thai man on a motorcycle. 

Wow, I have never seen Thai riders pull blindly into an intersection. How shocking.

Archived