"Farang to blame" as Thai man knocked off his motorcycle in South Pattaya

webfact

Never ever believe a thai person or entity for that matter, as we all know they’re out there to get us ! I very much doubt it’s the westerner’s fault but hey we all humans we do make mistakes just not as often as the Thais that’s for sure ????????‍♂️

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrespective of who's fault it was - the Farang will pay. One of the reasons could be, that the accident would have never happened, if the Farang would not have been here in the first place. 

How many bikes smashed my tailgate, more than once I had severe scratches along the car by bikes which raced irresponsibly - not to mention all the dents I collected over the last 30+ years driving in Thailand when parking in parking lots of shopping centres and supermarkets. 

Interesting is, that "Sanook" now is in charge of fact finding; next will be finger pointing. What a zoo .......... 

cont..... No licensce….no tax.... no helmet 4 police men came. Back at the police station the one bike became 16. Knives were in the mobs hands and this was outside Lumpini police station  I had to pay 2000 baht otherwise I would have died. 

Irrespective of who's fault it was - the Farang will pay. One of the reasons could be, that the accident would have never happened, if the Farang would not have been here in the first place. 

How many bikes smashed my tailgate, more than once I had severe scratches along the car by bikes which raced irresponsibly - not to mention all the dents I collected over the last 30+ years driving in Thailand when parking in parking lots of shopping centres and supermarkets. 

Interesting is, that "Sanook" now is in charge of fact finding; next will be finger pointing. What a zoo .......... 
These people that damaged your vehicle just left the scene, without you confronting them?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

hey hey safest cars on the roads..love the Amazon 122 and the P 1800

Safe cars indeed - but that breeds a dangerous class of complacent,  pipe smoking, cardigan wearing drivers proceeding down the road cocooned in a little world of their own...

I have never had a problem with riding all over NE Thailand but I have often thought, friends from NZ and the UK driving in Thailand and thinking Green means it's OK and safe to go would get into a lot of trouble. Green means it MIGHT be ok to go if you are a Farang. If you are Thai, Red and Green means it MIGHT be OK to go.

13 hours ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I saw an accident in HH two days ago, of a Farang guy (around the age of 60) who had been knocked off his bicycle by a Thai driver. Is that in the news? 

Easily explained: stupid falang not know how to ride bicycle.  :cheesy:

Red light is good, means good luck, right?  :cheesy::cheesy:

15 hours ago, MJCM said:

We have at the moment 2 cameras in our car (one facing forwards and one facing backwards) but I am looking to install another 2 (one facing left and one facing right)

Someone will hit you from above, having gone over the edge of a flyover. 

The only time I burn a red light is at the big Asoke intersection if I'm in a rush as those lights you can end up waiting literally 8 minutes for your section to turn green again if you arrive just as they've gone red. Not that it makes it okay and obviously I'm in the wrong, but if you can time it right there are about 3 or 4 seconds when all the lights are red before the next one turns green, there's your chance. I learned that from the Thais of course after a month or two when I first got here and having a ninja 650 gives me enough torque to get away from the scene and the other who jump the lights. I'm sure one day I will pay my price though for it. Over my time on and off in Thailand the last few years I'd say I've racked up about 14 months of driving every day in Bangkok and witness about 2 or 3 accidents a day on average, but if you think Thai drivers are bad you should visit China. Chinese drivers make Thais look like motogp riders.

Driving around this area of Thailand and observing the locals I estimate 95% proceed through intersections without looking left or right - knowing this I stop at every intersection since sight lines are often blocked bu shrubbery or signage.  So far I have been lucky!

I have never had a problem with riding all over NE Thailand but I have often thought, friends from NZ and the UK driving in Thailand and thinking Green means it's OK and safe to go would get into a lot of trouble. Green means it MIGHT be ok to go if you are a Farang. If you are Thai, Red and Green means it MIGHT be OK to go.
If I remember, green light in the UK means, proceed with caution.

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

These people that damaged your vehicle just left the scene, without you confronting them?

I would, if I could. Ever been in a traffic jam, getting hit in the back and the bike disappears like a snake while you continue to be stucked? 
In Big C Extra (during the Carrefour days) I got a seriously nice scratch along the car; by expert comment made by a shopping trolley. I went to see the security office for viewing the CCTV which ........ was not available as Somchai had forgotten something. It took the (French) manager to face the music who compensated the damage with shopping vouchers - not for the damage but for not being on top of CCTV issues. Any other damage was paid by me, out of my own pocket. 

On 14 January 2019 at 1:16 PM, Pattaya46 said:

I know this intersection well, and if the car was really coming from South Road (same as the bus on 2nd pic) then I really doubt that the car drove at red light.

By experience I would bet that the bike burned the red light by too many seconds... as too often the case there.

You know as much about the cause of this accident as I do,which is zilch. Give it a rest. 

3 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Driving around this area of Thailand and observing the locals I estimate 95% proceed through intersections without looking left or right - knowing this I stop at every intersection since sight lines are often blocked bu shrubbery or signage.  So far I have been lucky!

Yes, because they are only going straight ahead, why would they have to look left, right or behind their bike?

20 hours ago, MJCM said:

We have at the moment 2 cameras in our car (one facing forwards and one facing backwards) but I am looking to install another 2 (one facing left and one facing right)

Driving in Thailand you will need another two. One facing up and one facing down ????????????

On 1/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, hello55060 said:

The only time I burn a red light is at the big Asoke intersection if I'm in a rush as those lights you can end up waiting literally 8 minutes for your section to turn green again if you arrive just as they've gone red. Not that it makes it okay and obviously I'm in the wrong, but if you can time it right there are about 3 or 4 seconds when all the lights are red before the next one turns green, there's your chance. I learned that from the Thais of course after a month or two when I first got here and having a ninja 650 gives me enough torque to get away from the scene and the other who jump the lights. I'm sure one day I will pay my price though for it. Over my time on and off in Thailand the last few years I'd say I've racked up about 14 months of driving every day in Bangkok and witness about 2 or 3 accidents a day on average, but if you think Thai drivers are bad you should visit China. Chinese drivers make Thais look like motogp riders.

You basically are saying your life is not worth 8 minutes.

Sorry, I would get some professional help if I were you.

If we look at the location of the car on the road and at the intersection at the back, we will see that most likely the car was driving straight, and the Thai man was riding a motorcycle from a nearby street, and how often this did not look around. Why look around? After all, the stars say that today is my lucky day. I can drive today even at a red traffic light. The stars say so.

Archived