Triumph Street twin 2019- Honda CB650R?

guzzi850m2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The Street Twin is all about the looks and many consider it a beginners bike, experienced bikers will in many cases find it too tame. 

Sure the Speed Twin must be much better but at the price level in Thailand most will pass unless you really really want one and money is not a problem.

Eisfeld where did you try the Triumphs out? Germany? 

I am glad I made the decision I did and got the SRX and when the time come for a "new" bike in perhaps 4-5 years time, maybe I can find a used Speed Twin for a good price.

I tried them at the Triumph dealer in Phuket. They are very very easy with test rides which I found great! The sales guy there is very easy to talk to and speaks very good english.

My disappointment with the Street Twin was not the performance, I get it that a bike like that would be tame. It was just not as refined as I would hope to. Even with 20HP more and for 50k THB less I wouldn't take it.

The Speed Twin on the other hand was so so different that I'd say it's damn close to a fantastic bike. The biggest downside like you said is the inflated price in Thailand. Next year it should fall into a lower tax bracket if news here are to be believed which could lower the price by as much as 50k. Still inflated but a bit more reasonable. Triumph could also with a few tweaks make it even better. For example I was surprised that below 3k RPM, the Speed Twin had absolutely no go. For such a high displacement twin with big torque I would have thought it would have a bit of push down low. Because with 1200cc and 97HP it certainly is not a power monster even though they call it "High Power". I should have tried the "High Torque" version of the engine as found in the Bobber/Scrambler, maybe that one behaves better down low?

27 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Sorry Guz, you are wrong or dyslexic.

VN was referring (correctly) to a Yamaha single called an SRX

which you wrote, but i know you meant XSR....

Confusing, innit?

All's good in the land of 3 letter motorcycle models.

Which is why I like a manufacturer that actually takes the time to give names to its products, rather than random snippings from the alphabet.

Archived