Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Nan: Hey we're Porsche drivers! Wait your turn little people!


webfact

Recommended Posts

Nan: Hey we're Porsche drivers! Wait your turn little people!

 

9pm_VI.jpg

 

Thai social media was bubbling after a motorcade of Porches broke traffic regulations in downtown Nan in northern Thailand. 

 

Footage from the Wat Sriphanton intersection showed two cars blocking the traffic and a further 27 going through a red light. 

 

There were in total 42 cars in the motorcade. 

 

TNA reported that police had studied the footage and the licence plates of those involved. 

 

The drivers that went through the red lights would face 1,000 baht fines. 

 

The two that held up the traffic could be jailed for three months and or fined 2,000 to 10,000 baht. 

 

Source: TNA

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-14
 
aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyOC83NjQyNDQ2L3VudGl0bGVkLTEuanBn.jpg
 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the same last month in Pattaya...it was the Audi TT club this time and they even had an escort car (pickup) with wailing lights and sirens on the roof to block traffic...

 

Many of the cars were old but of course that doesn't matter for the Thai...Audi's are not built in Thailand so imported and expensive so their drivers are hi-so and can do anything they like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Wanna bet nothing will be done. 

Correct mate, they are Porsche drivers, hi-so pr+++s nothing will be done about it.

There is even the possibility that some were in fact policemen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Happens everywhere in the world with motorcades.

In Belgium they do it to warn the Porsche-drivers for the holes in the roads or there'll be broken spoilers everywhere after they passed .😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a group of Singaporeans motoring enthusiasts who keep expensive cars in Thailand because there are no roads in Singapore where they can open them up. I understand they are garaged in Chiang Mai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Trentham said:

There is a group of Singaporeans motoring enthusiasts who keep expensive cars in Thailand because there are no roads in Singapore where they can open them up. I understand they are garaged in Chiang Mai.

 

Does one keep his car's at Chalerm's house?  555!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robblok said:

Wanna bet nothing will be done. 

I lost my own bet.. in the BKK post all the drivers have been fined 500 and the two who blocked the road 1000 each and they all showed up to pay the fines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robblok said:

I lost my own bet.. in the BKK post all the drivers have been fined 500 and the two who blocked the road 1000 each and they all showed up to pay the fines.

It would be more honest if drivers would be fined a percentage of the value of their cars (yes, including import tax!) 😋

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Happens everywhere in the world with motorcades.

This also happens everywhere in Thailand is not limited to motorized vehicles, usually just nobody reports about it.

I saw this many times with big bikes, and also many times with groups of bicycles.

Often the police is involved in blocking the roads (which probably just means somebody paid them money, doubt they get an official permit by the city or similar), but many times some drivers / riders block the street by themself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shady86 said:

10,000B is short change for these idiots. Why not confiscate their cars and auctioned them for charity. 

They do that in the country where you come from, or can't you just hide your jealousy that others can afford a nicer vehicle than you?

 

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

It would be more honest if drivers would be fined a percentage of the value of their cars (yes, including import tax!) 😋

Where else in the world are traffic fines calculated by a percentage of the car value? More sour grapes from TV losers I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Crap

Yes indeed you are talking crap.

 

Special Convoy Rights

The Highway Code of several European countries (Norway, Italy, Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, possibly more) includes special rights for marked convoys. They have to be treated like a single vehicle. If the first vehicle has passed an intersection, all others may do so without interruption. If other road users overtake the convoy, they aren't allowed to split into the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webfact said:

The two that held up the traffic could be jailed for three months and or fined 2,000 to 10,000 baht.

If they are not super, disgustingly rich or not well connected, they should go to jail.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes indeed you are talking crap.

 

Special Convoy Rights

The Highway Code of several European countries (Norway, Italy, Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, possibly more) includes special rights for marked convoys. They have to be treated like a single vehicle. If the first vehicle has passed an intersection, all others may do so without interruption. If other road users overtake the convoy, they aren't allowed to split into the queue.

The same applies to a funeral cortege, in UK anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...