Dtac refuse to give me Esim

So today i whent to Dtac shop to get my Esim for my galaxy watch, they said it's not possible because the Esim will only work in the apple watch or iphone...

This is Bullshit, the conecept behin Esim is to change providers more easy and quick...

I am 5 yeaes postpaid costumer this is the whorst service i ever got, i did explain then that they can give me the 'apple version of Esim' because i know it works anyway but thetly said i need to show them my device...

Any suggestions please?

36 minutes ago, Dreckenfousnoll said:

I did this, but they said ohh not possible to insert sim...

it's esim so a simple qr code is enough i even told them ok give me the ios version but they said only if i have apple device what a service.

they should learn about devices and the principe behind the esim

The difference between the Galaxy Watch and the Apple Watch is that the Samsung version is based on an officially ratified version of the eSIM standard, whereas the Apple Watch is based on an unratified version that Apple had to work closely with the likes of Dtac, True, AIS to get implemented.

stuff like that is normal since you typically wont find competent people at every location.  i am a true move customer for many years, they have scanned my passport already into their system as required. when i went to small branch at local big c requesting roaming be activated for specific countries they said they couldn't do

without seeing original passport. not copy or photo in my phone. i told them my original was already shown to them and scanned.  still refused. wanting very much to change carriers at that moment i went to the big true office at fortune mall the next day with passport. i told lady my roaming details, she looked at system and said it was already activated. also said no reason for original passport. told her my experience at other true office and she apologized. 

Any suggestions ? Well for starters I would say grow up. Not getting esim or wrong information hardly justifies running to forum to ask for suggestions.

step 1. Contact call centre to verify if information is correct 

step 2. If you certain it fits and works, go to another shop and ask to purchase the sim

step 3. Google the issue and see if indeed they are correct.

how some people get by in life is beyond me 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, atyclb said:

stuff like that is normal since you typically wont find competent people at every location.  i am a true move customer for many years, they have scanned my passport already into their system as required. when i went to small branch at local big c requesting roaming be activated for specific countries they said they couldn't do

without seeing original passport. not copy or photo in my phone. i told them my original was already shown to them and scanned.  still refused. wanting very much to change carriers at that moment i went to the big true office at fortune mall the next day with passport. i told lady my roaming details, she looked at system and said it was already activated. also said no reason for original passport. told her my experience at other true office and she apologized. 

Why did you go to a shop to activate your roaming when it’s done in less than 15 seconds by calling call center or by sending sms yourself 

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:27 AM, Dreckenfousnoll said:

So today i whent to Dtac shop to get my Esim for my galaxy watch, they said it's not possible because the Esim will only work in the apple watch or iphone...

Yes... The Exact same thing happened with me When I stepped into the Middle East and asked for my eSIM for my SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 and the customer Said sorry Sir eSIM is currently unavailable from the Du mobile carriers. However Etisalat is providing eSIM services and when I further dug deep about it, then came to know that Workz Group is the one who is getting this eSIM technology done to the Etisalat.

For once it felt pretty strange to me that only one local mobile carrier is providing an eSIM services, and ONLY to Apple products. Maybe its because iPhone is a widely used smartphone in the MENA region. Or I don't know what.

But yes It is limited for the iPhone X, XR, XS and apple watch only. 

Not sure why, but it does seem like all three providers (AIS, DTAC, TrueMove H) here limit e-SIMs to Xs, Xs Max, Xr and the iWatch.

The reason is because there are multiple variations of e-Sim technology. Apple use proprietary e-Sim technology which is not compatible with e-Sim type used by Galaxy watch. It is like a Betamax vs VHS battle to dominate the VCR market. It looks like Apple e-Sim standard is winning in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 months later...

Archived