Agent for Thai driving license possible?

DrJack54

Hello members, lived here several yrs on annual extensions (retirement). I have current au drivers & bike license. Lease etc. 

I do not have "certificate of residence". I'm aware I can obtain at au embassy. I live bkk, so not hard, but if possible would rather pay for " assistance". I could attend department office. Just curious are there agents that can assist. I don't really wish to visit au embassy. Thank you in advance

Hello members, lived here several yrs on annual extensions (retirement). I have current au drivers & bike license. Lease etc. 
I do not have "certificate of residence". I'm aware I can obtain at au embassy. I live bkk, so not hard, but if possible would rather pay for " assistance". I could attend department office. Just curious are there agents that can assist. I don't really wish to visit au embassy. Thank you in advance

I knew one agent but she stay in Pattaya. I use their service last year to make my Thailand DL both car and bike. It cost between 3000 or 5000 baht, I do really forgot.

They only need your passport, copy of visa page (if you have), photos and TM7 card. They will do the rest for certificate of residence and other documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are agents... they advertise of Facebook (so a Facebook search).

That said, obtaining a Thai Drivers license is one of the least bureaucratic of the potentially bureaucratic things you can do here... It's incredibly easy to do yourself. 

There are enough threads which explain how... It's child's play. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op: if you've carried out a 90 day report you can obtain 'proof of residence' from Chaeng Wattanna Immigration office (No need to go to your embassy and pay their extortionate fees).

Thanks Richard and also previous poster Cowbee. My life in los little different...been here several years and never done 90 day report. I fly out of Thailand every couple of weeks. Yes I live bkk and familiar with CW. An annual trip there for my extension (based on retirement) is for me a crap day. I don't wish to sound cocky, but if possible I would prefer just pay someone to "take care of things. In any event, I seriously appreciate the replies

Thanks Richard and also previous poster Cowbee. My life in los little different...been here several years and never done 90 day report. I fly out of Thailand every couple of weeks. Yes I live bkk and familiar with CW. An annual trip there for my extension (based on retirement) is for me a crap day. I don't wish to sound cocky, but if possible I would prefer just pay someone to "take care of things. In any event, I seriously appreciate the replies

If you want. You can contact them https://www.conciergepattaya.com

3 minutes ago, cowbee said:

If you want. You can contact them https://www.conciergepattaya.com

Cheers. This is what thaivisa is for. Also again I thank Richard. Yes its very easy. However I need trip to au embassy then trip to licence joint. The older you get, the more value you place on wasted days. Ha

16 hours ago, cowbee said:

I knew one agent but she stay in Pattaya. I use their service last year to make my Thailand DL both car and bike. It cost between 3000 or 5000 baht, I do really forgot.

They only need your passport, copy of visa page (if you have), photos and TM7 card. They will do the rest for certificate of residence and other documents.

Did you still have to do the colour, reaction and perception tests?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

so as i read it, (renew my licences later this month) so you pay an agent all this money then you still got to go and do the tests seems a waste of good money to me, its only photo copies of this, photo copies of that, 

Archived