Saphan Sung, East Bangkok? Any info please?

bubblehead

Are there any members that I living in this area or know the area well?

I am considering a move with the possibility of sending my kids to Ascot International School.

Any recent info on this area would be much appreciated.

I am looking at renting with a budget of 25k to 35k a month.

Proximity to shopping? Any decent bars and restaurants? Things to do with the kids?

Pros and Cons?

First thing, which part of Saphan Sung?

Some of it is on the flight path to the airport and therefore noisy.

My wife has a house to the south in Lat Krabang next to Paseo Mall (Perfect Place 77) and we can see the planes fly over.

Due to road works traffic can be chaos along Ramkhamhaeng and also Phatthanakarn Roads.

Are you working or need to get into town? It's only about 30-35 minutes to Phayathai from Huamak or Lat Krabang Airport link.

If you like cycling you can go to the Skylane at the airport (free).

I feel the whole area is "on the up" - especially to the south by Lat Krabang next to Paseo (but maybe I'm biased ???? ).

RAZZ

Razz I was thinking a little South of Paseo Mall towards Ascot school. Perhaps near the lake that has the restaurants around it. I didn't expect it to be in the flight path because looking at the map of the runway it doesn't appear the planes would go over that area during takeoff and landing.

I am looking for a change of scenery and school and came across this area. Hoping for a nice neighborhood near the school

The housing estates off Sukapiban 3 Rd, like Pruksachart and Sammakorn, are all very well established. Sammakorn, in particular, has lots of decent restaurants, bars, shops etc., and is quite nicely set out. The traffic on Ramkhamhaeng Road's a nightmare, as previously stated, but the completion of the BTS should (one lives in eternal hope) improve that, while the newly opened road behind Sapan Sung (parallel to Ramkhamhaeng and the motorway) that leads to ABAC (and the Hua Mark end of Ramkhamhaeng) provides some traffic relief at the moment. It will eventually leapfrog the outer ring road, so you could also look at estates on the Bromsgrove school side of the ring road, too.
I used to live an low-cost estate out that way when my daughter was young and it was ideal as she and all the other kids could play out in the little sois as there was no through traffic. Much more sociable than inner city or even larger housing estate living. But the commuting was cruel.

23 hours ago, bubblehead said:

Razz I was thinking a little South of Paseo Mall towards Ascot school. Perhaps near the lake that has the restaurants around it. I didn't expect it to be in the flight path because looking at the map of the runway it doesn't appear the planes would go over that area during takeoff and landing.

I am looking for a change of scenery and school and came across this area. Hoping for a nice neighborhood near the school

Err...I think you mean North?

Have a day up there and watch the planes.

You could probably get a decent newish house for around 30k a month.

1126961338_Screenshot2019-01-16at09_14_39.thumb.png.58b918a800a89daf9dffd83409ded85e.png

Archived