Non O and retirement

I came here just over two months ago on a 28 day stamp, then got a further 28 in Jomtium.

In the meantime I applied for a NON O based on retirement, which I finally got 3rd Jan. Cost 2000 Baht

I did it myself, no agent, but it took about 6 trips and 6 lovely breakfasts at simons lol.

So now immigration has two sets of paperwork on me, they wanted a copy of the originals.

If I had gone via an agent would there be a paperwork trail in my file? Curious in case I need to use them.

My next task is to open a bank account, what paperwork do I need?

There are numerous threads about this. For me years ago I did it in bkk. I had a Thai with me. Wasted time at several local branches. Was a catch 22. "Sir where is your work permit".... Answer ...I'm retired wishing to apply for non o based on retirement. Talk about wasted time.

Then I went to head office. I had to sign paper that I accepted zero interest. You will have MANY responses about this. Just go to head office of Thai bank. 

• Like 1

The applications for the non immigrant visa and the extension of stay are two separate actions and requires many of the same documents twice. That is the standard procedure.

What financial proof did you use for the visa application? If you were able to use a letter from your embassy immigration can pull the original of it from the file for the visa application to do your application.

What you need to open a bank account depends upon the bank or a branch of the same bank where apply for it.

Cheers for the reply

I used a letter from the British Embassy for proof of income, had to get it counter stamped on the back by Ministry for affairs or what ever lol

I had to hand draw a map of where I lived for the non O visa lol.

5 minutes ago, jim320 said:

I used a letter from the British Embassy for proof of income, had to get it counter stamped on the back by Ministry for affairs or what ever lol

You can ask immigration to pull it from the file they have for the visa application.