US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he'll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand

webfact

US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he'll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand

1pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media has reported on the arrest of a US man of Pakistani origin who was reported to the authorities by parents of a child in Lam Lukka, Pathum Thani north of Bangkok. 

The parents said he raped and molested their child.

The man - named only as Mr John, 46 - denies everything saying he has a Thai wife and child and has lived in the kingdom for 20 years. 

He has come face to face with immigration chief Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn who has told the family not to be concerned - bad people will be prosecuted and thrown out of Thailand. 

Sanook reported that the Lt General went to Lam Lukka police station yesterday to interview Mr John.

The suspect denied raping a child who was his student. He said he had lived in Thailand for two decades getting visas supported by marriage to a Thai national and having a Thai child. His wife is a nurse. 

He said that he was a Doctor of Psychology employed as an English teacher. Sanook said he was a Pakistani but by the suspects own admission he is a US national who was born in Pakistan.

In a video posted to Facebook Lt Gen Surachate said that there are many good English teachers and religious teachers but that some bad ones slip through the net. 

He said that he was determined to root them out, put them through the courts then deport them.

A warrant was issued in this case after an investigation. Sanook reported that the police have evidence of multiple crimes committed by the suspect. Details of that assertion were not given in the report. 

Surachate added that he would like the parents to know that the suspect would face the full force of the law in this case. 

An accompanying post that went with the video on the Immigration site on Facebook gave a stark warning: 

"We welcome all people who respect and marvel at Thai nature and Thai culture. But we will not tolerate criminals coming here"

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-15

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Guilty before the trial by the sound of it is that the new Thai Justice system that we can marvel at?

Did you not notice that in cases like this the alleged culprit is always declared guilty before the justice system is started?

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

Did you not notice that in cases like this the alleged culprit is always declared guilty before the justice system is started?

Indeed. If he's guilty then put him in prison and throw him out when his prison time is done, but Mr Haircut's job is to put him through the courts, not declare his guilt or innocence,

If and i say if the man is guilty he needs jailed for a long time.

Yet once again the Big joke is opening his mouth before any proper investigation, court case to prove his guilt.

Personally i find it difficult to believe a man who has lived here so long, has family here, would suddenly turn into a rapist.

34 minutes ago, colinneil said:

If and i say if the man is guilty he needs jailed for a long time.

Yet once again the Big joke is opening his mouth before any proper investigation, court case to prove his guilt.

Personally i find it difficult to believe a man who has lived here so long, has family here, would suddenly turn into a rapist.

Maybe he's been at it a long time and just got caught? Child rapists should get at least 20 years.

ok off on a tangent, my mate in the UK had a rebellious step daughter (arnt they all at 14), out of control basically, she threatened him with sexual abuse, if she did not get her own way. it frightened the shit out of him, not much one can do except deny it.

It’s completely irrelevant whether he’s  a native American or not ????

The matter of the fact is that this nonsense high ego joke kind of cop has a big mouth indeed ( don’t they all do ?! ) He probably doesn’t listen to a word of what a westerner says, regardless whether he’s guilt or not. I very much dubt he understands or speak any  décent English..

I reckon, all he cares about is to look good in front of the Thai audience making the most of his actions. 

In my books, they should’ve solid proofs before incriminate someone who is not Thai let alone pressing charge before appearing in court. I hope the guy concerned has a good western solicitor if not two in order to defend himself from the entire court, police and the whole country for that matter.

7 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

It’s completely irrelevant whether he’s  a native American or not ????

The matter of the fact is that this nonsense high ego joke kind of cop has a big mouth indeed ( don’t they all do ?! ) He probably doesn’t listen to a word of what a westerner says, regardless whether he’s guilt or not. I very much dubt he understands or speak any  décent English..

I reckon, all he cares about is to look good in front of the Thai audience making the most of his actions. 

In my books, they should’ve solid proofs before incriminate someone who is not Thai let alone pressing charge before appearing in court. I hope the guy concerned has a good western solicitor if not two in order to defend himself from the entire court, police and the whole country for that matter.

We got Big joke who looks pro Thai and now Ramdas who is pro farang.

I would say you would have to have solid proof before incriminate anyone in Thailand and it should not be related to what nationality the person is, Thai or foreign.

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

We got Big joke who looks pro Thai and now Ramdas who is pro farang.

I would say you would have to have solid proof before incriminate anyone in Thailand and it should not be related to what nationality the person is, Thai or foreign.

Fyi, I’m for the justice not being biased towards westerners or easterners or wherever else someone is from but you’re well aware that It’s Thai for Thai even though when they’re wrong ( often ) Not only they wouldn’t admit it but would do their very best to defend and protect their own people and get away with it having the police on their side who enjoy showing off about it ????

3 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

Fyi, I’m for the justice not being biased towards westerners or easterners or wherever else someone is from but you’re well aware that It’s Thai for Thai even though when they’re wrong ( often ) Not only they wouldn’t admit it but would do their very best to defend and protect their own people and get away with it having the police on their side who enjoy showing off about it ????

Then you should have worded your post differently. I have a different opinion about Thais than you. I am not saying that what you describe is not happening because it happens. But it certainly does not happen all the time those are just barstool myths. 

BJ is a politician (aspiring) and is just following the path of populists around the world (Trump, Farage, Le Pen, Putin, Bolsanaro etc etc). No doubt many of posters on TV who indulge in a bit of Thai bashing against BJ's policies are more than happy to support a populist at home. The only difference is that in Thailand these posters are on the receiving end of a populist policy. 

To my mind BJ is actively enforcing the law. If you have a problem with the law then leave or do something to change it. 

Apportioning guilt to a person prior to trial is endemic. Just take a look at your daily news from home. 

To suggest that he is an idiot just because he does not speak English is facile

2 hours ago, HalfLight said:

What? BOTH of them?

Wow, this Big Joke feller means business.  He's just so..... impressive.

Nice haircut too...

Well I have always marvelled at it. 

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

Guilty before the trial by the sound of it is that the new Thai Justice system that we can marvel at?

Really ?  Didn't you read the article ? 

"A warrant was issued in this case after an investigation. Sanook reported that the police have evidence of multiple crimes committed by the suspect."

I'll say another good job by Big Joke.

Unless you want child rapists working in schools here. 

8 minutes ago, balo said:

Really ?  Didn't you read the article ? 

"A warrant was issued in this case after an investigation. Sanook reported that the police have evidence of multiple crimes committed by the suspect."

I'll say another good job by Big Joke.

Unless you want child rapists working in schools here. 

But is that evidence any good? 

There have been thousands of cases in Thailand where the police state great evidence, but the cases are then chucked out of court due to insufficient, inappropriate or non-existent evidence and the suspect's life left in tatters after he / she has been paraded before the media (which is not actually allowed). Why do you think the police are always so keen (and reduce jail terms provide the incentive) to get a confession? It means their usually poor or non existent evidence will be accepted as the confession carries the greatest weight in court. 

Allegations of child rape are always highly emotive, but as rational people, we need to be objective when a suspect is paraded before the media it is not being done to help justice be served better, but to self-promote the police and pressure the suspect into a confession.

If find it to be in very poor taste that BJ is using the the allegation and investigation of Child Rape to raise his profile.  I do not think he is actually interested in justice for the victim but how he can benefit in a positive light.   

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Wow. If a cop did this in  a country subject to the rule of law, the charges would be vacated due to the perversion of justice. So much for the concept of a fair trial.

What did he say wrong?

He said

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachate added that he would like the parents to know that the suspect would face the full force of the law in this case. 

Anything wrong with that? I don't see anything that indicates he declare him guilty already, regardless of the fact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that the police have evidence of multiple crimes committed by the suspect.

But normally whenever there is a report about a pedo being arrested the hang em high brigade is out in full force within minutes, with death threats and vilifying the SUSPECT, however there isn't even a court date set yet.

But today they are all defending the suspect, as of course they all are legal experts and know he is not guilty, for the simple reason that they can slag off a police officer who's doing his job and probably they feel the heat already.

Oh wait, I forgot for a minute I was on a forum populated by cynics and hypocrites.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

What did he say wrong?

He said

Anything wrong with that? I don't see anything that indicates he declare him guilty already, regardless of the fact

But normally whenever there is a report about a pedo being arrested the hang em high brigade is out in full force within minutes, with death threats and vilifying the SUSPECT, however there isn't even a court date set yet.

But today they are all defending the suspect, as of course they all are legal experts and know he is not guilty, for the simple reason that they can slag off a police officer who's doing his job and probably they feel the heat already.

Oh wait, I forgot for a minute I was on a forum populated by cynics and hypocrites.

of  which you are a  member????

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Wow. If a cop did this in  a country subject to the rule of law, the charges would be vacated due to the perversion of justice. So much for the concept of a fair trial.

You mean contempt of court not perversion of justice.  Anyway, he has not been named and despite being a poorly done job they have also concealed his identity within the images, measures taken in Thailand, like other countries, to avoid compromising the trial.

27 minutes ago, jonclark said:

But is that evidence any good? 

Do you think all the details always are revealed to the media ?

I know people are skeptical to RTP in many cases, because of corruption, but Big Joke has not been doing a lot of mistakes since he took over. 

This was a rape of a student in the school, it would not go silent, parents and other teachers would know.  

Archived