Thai woman, lover accused of killing German husband for insurance money

webfact

Thai woman, lover accused of killing German husband for insurance money

By The Nation

rotee_2.jpg

Picture: Kapook

The Crime Suppression Division has arrested a Thai woman for allegedly collaborating with her Thai lover to kill her German husband for Bt10 million of insurance compensation in 2006.

CSD Commander Pol Maj-General Jirapol Phuridej said Angkhana Moshammer (not official spelling) was arrested in front of her rented house in Kanchanaburi’s Phanom Thuan district on Monday.

Police are still hunting for her alleged accomplish, Surachai Saensawang.

Angkhana was arrested under a warrant issued by the Nakhon Sawan Court on July 3 2006.

Police allege the two shot dead Winfret Moshamer (not official spelling) on April 1 2006 on a road in Nakhon Sawan’s Muang district.

Angkhana then told police that her husband was killed by a teenager in a road-rage incident.

Police found discrepancies in her story, so the CSD opened an investigation and built a case that the suspect had collaborated with her lover to kill the German husband with the hope of receiving his Bt10 million in insurance money.

The CSD later found out that Angkhana had moved to Kanchanaburi to make her living as a roti vendor.

She was charged with collaborating with another to commit a premeditated murder, possessing a firearm without a licence and carrying a gun in public. She has denied all charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362266

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-15

Only took 13 years to catch up with her, and they still haven't got her partner in crime. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of warrants are out there unserved? The wheels of justice move very slowly here it seems. I can't imagine back home, someone wanted for murder living in plain sight for so long without being arrested.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Only took 13 years to catch up with her, and they still haven't got her partner in crime. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of warrants are out there unserved? The wheels of justice move very slowly here it seems. I can't imagine back home, someone wanted for murder living in plain sight for so long without being arrested.

13 years ago Big Joke was unknown...

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Angkhana was arrested under a warrant issued by the Nakhon Sawan Court on July 3 2006.

Amazing ... ????

7 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Hopefully there's some of that 10 million left. The police deserve something for all their hard work.

Not sure but...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

... the CSD opened an investigation and built a case that the suspect had collaborated with her lover to kill the German husband with the hope of receiving his Bt10 million in insurance money.

By inference, maybe the insurance claim wasn't sustained? Maybe with the money tree dead, that's why she skipped town and set up selling roti. That and she's been arrested under murder and firearm related charges and not insurance fraud.

Google is your friend. Don't know where your from but for exanmple the US numbers unsolved are staggering

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/investigations/unsolved-homicide-database/?utm_term=.6e7358909b7b

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Never be worth more dead than alive !

regards worgeordie

If so, at least let it remain as your own secret....

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Wow... those Thai cops really are the tops when it comes to warrant enforcement... Only took them 13 years to find one Thai woman who apparently didn't do anything much to hide other than move to another city....

Yeesh!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

killed in 2006, the 10mil would have been gone by 2017 most likely. Back to selling roti on a street corner then, and an innocent man dead. Seems like a great plan 

The murder occurred on 1 April 2006. The arrest warrant was issued on 3 July 2006, so the investigation was opened fairly quickly. The insurance company would not pay whilst there was an investigation under way. She almost certainly never got the money. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She was charged with collaborating with another to commit a premeditated murder, possessing a firearm without a licence and carrying a gun in public. She has denied all charges.

What's next, the earth is flat?

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Better late than never. Many in this forum believe no justice ever exists for expats in their mind. Glad they got here and the other killer is on the run. 

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

When your on the bones of your arse clutching a Brexit pound you ain't worth topping ????RIP

The danger lies not so much in you being worth topping, but in someone believing that you are worth topping.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It is actually amazing that they actually bothered to reopen or reinvestigate this - It makes me wonder what could be in it for them? Maybe some sort of kickback from the insurance company? or are there some other relatives involved and trying to get their snouts in the trough?

I actually carry my insurance papers with me, showing my 900 million baht insurance....paid out if i can have fun with 15 people at once, all for free, lasting no less than one month.

works every time.  of course i have to go into hiding a few days before the month ends, then try another bar.  

i also carry my insurance for my death.  200 baht.  it might be enough for some, so thinking of lowering it to 100 baht.  

adobe photoshop...   great work.  

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Land Off Slow, Very Slow justice. 

Archived