"Visa and work permit in half an hour" - no more time wasting in Chiang Mai, minister

webfact

"Visa and work permit in half an hour" - no more time wasting in Chiang Mai, minister

4pm.jpg

video screenshot

A government minister has pointed to a rosy future for people applying for visas and work permits in Chiang Mai. 

Waiting and time wasting were a thing of the past said Labor Minister General Adul Saengsingkaew. 

Everything could be achieved in thirty minutes, said the general, saying this answered government critics. 

But it was not all good news - the situation would only favor those working for Board of Investment (BoI) approved companies. 

General Adul was speaking at the official opening of a visa and work permit center. A huge number of local dignitaries and staff turned up for the occasion. 

CM Update News reported that there was a "Single window for Visa and Work Permit". A sign spoke of "One Stop Service and Digital Work Permit".

The buzzwords bandied about were increased convenience, fast service, economical and time saving and Thailand 4.0. 

In addition General Adul proclaimed that this was a vindication of government policies and that a visit to the visa and work permit facility would be:

"Half an hour - job done". 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-15

They have doubled the staff here now.  No more breaks for lunch, as while one group goes to lunch, another takes over.  Went for my 90 day last week.  Got a queue number, then the girl at the 90 day desk told me no more queue numbers.  Just come to the counter.  In and out in under 5 minutes.  

Welcome change. 

What kind of Visa are they talking about just Tourist because it took me all day at my Immigration office to do my spousal visa application as well as 2 trips to my bank for extra statements when my Pension is over 500,000 for the year .

Doing my 90 day reports are quick but renewing the 1 year is a nightmare .

Not CM .

1 minute ago, Just1Voice said:

They have doubled the staff here now.  No more breaks for lunch, as while one group goes to lunch, another takes over.  Went for my 90 day last week.  Got a queue number, then the girl at the 90 day desk told me no more queue numbers.  Just come to the counter.  In and out in under 5 minutes.  

Welcome change. 

That sounds encouraging. So for 90 day registration, it's going to be the same as most other offices.

5 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

Digital Work Permit, Digital Drivers License, Digital ID Card, Big Joke must be up all night coding these data bases and apps, what a guy!

Is it all hype?

I'm sure these are the digits a lot of people think of when hearing the words 'government' and 'digital' together:

image.png.041e43350f069e25b3294149e9d77db1.png

Would have to be digital to do it at light speed. If that is the case then I would or might be more inclined to go digital for immigration needs, but not for the driver license. As it is I am in the immigration system with a 26 year stack of paper work so nothing new here if it is digital and fast. I surely hope they are also talking about long term extensions as well. We deserve it.

27 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Thai Visa really needs to hire a new translator as the important part of this story is completely missing - it's for BOI companies and employees only.

Plausibility restored. Thank you.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

What kind of Visa are they talking about just Tourist because it took me all day at my Immigration office to do my spousal visa application as well as 2 trips to my bank for extra statements when my Pension is over 500,000 for the year .

Doing my 90 day reports are quick but renewing the 1 year is a nightmare .

Not CM .

In Khon Kaen, including waiting, for a retirement extension of stay, under 15 minutes three years in a row.

Chiangmai immigration went there last week for 90 day check, I came back from Vietnam last October checked in within 24 hours no problem the woman told me come back on 16 January for 90 day check she wrote the date on my Tm slip so I wouldn’t forget, I went there on the 10th last week and they said I was late and wanted to fine me, they asked me who was the woman I saw wrote the date and what was she wearing as they said she gave me the wrong date, they were looking at me like I was a criminal, they said they wouldn’t fine me this time, terrible place.

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Thai Visa really needs to hire a new translator as the important part of this story is completely missing - it's for BOI companies and employees only.

Uhmmm.......

But it was not all good news - the situation would only favor those working for Board of Investment (BoI) approved companies

50 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

Chiangmai immigration went there last week for 90 day check, I came back from Vietnam last October checked in within 24 hours no problem the woman told me come back on 16 January for 90 day check she wrote the date on my Tm slip so I wouldn’t forget, I went there on the 10th last week and they said I was late and wanted to fine me, they asked me who was the woman I saw wrote the date and what was she wearing as they said she gave me the wrong date, they were looking at me like I was a criminal, they said they wouldn’t fine me this time, terrible place.

You can count to 90, yes?

To cater for the rapid issue of BOI related work permits and extensions those for retirees, who make up the bulk of long term extensions,  will revert to the old  system of early morning queues and waiting all day. ????

Or you can go across the road. ????

Did my 90 Day report today. Delighted with quick service after arriving around 08:00, in time for the National Anthem. 

Only snag was they’ve Booted the Photocopy Service Out and it is now located across the road at the Petrol Station. (pedestrian crossing lights would be an advantage...but would Drivers/riders Obey them?

Anyway, all-up very pleased with quick service and ultra polite Officer, who is apparently one of our neighbour’s.

1 minute ago, Torrens54 said:

Did my 90 Day report today. Delighted with quick service after arriving around 08:00, in time for the National Anthem. 

Only snag was they’ve Booted the Photocopy Service Out and it is now located across the road at the Petrol Station. (pedestrian crossing lights would be an advantage...but would Drivers/riders Obey them?

Anyway, all-up very pleased with quick service and ultra polite Officer, who is apparently one of our neighbour’s.

That's great. Amazing what a kick up the backside will do.

I take you didn't need the photocopy service today - for a 90 day report?

8 hours ago, wolf81 said:

I feel sorry for the people at immigration. They must get very tired now from all the hard work they have to do under the guidance of Big Joke.

They were that tired yesterday at Jomtien one staff member from 90 day desk had to take day off, what a mess look like we had gone back 5 years, went in at 11.15am told to come back 3.00pm too many in room came back 2.40 got number waited 35 mins got stamp left people still queuing up outside 

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That's great. Amazing what a kick up the backside will do.

I take you didn't need the photocopy service today - for a 90 day report?

We did actually, but my wife Risked Life and Limb crossing the road to get it done. Hope they come up with a better arrangement before the next Rainy Season. 

We gave up doing our own Photo Copies years ago as you NEVER can tell when the REQUIREMENTS Will be changed and presumably the people at the Photocopy place keep up to date. Fingers crossed !

On 1/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, lordblackader said:

Last time I worked for a BOI company was 13/14 years ago and it was half an hour to get everything done visa wise including waiting.  WP was a week or so later.

Archived