Jump to content
BANGKOK 27 March 2019 07:11
Oztaffy

Have you tried Jucing to loose weight

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

That is the thing finding something that suits you.. there is much to choose from and the only thing that counts is reducing calories, preferably combined with eating a better quality of food and some sports. 

 

Not every form of diet is suitable for everyone, people should try to find something that suits them.

Keto is good for some, intermittent fasting good for others, and others just reduce their caloric intake and eat normal. Whatever works works but it has to be a permanent change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

IMHO you have to start with your diet, take out the crap, or reduce it one by one to illiminate it from your diet.

Try to increase your physical activity, brisk walks are a good start if you are not a "sporty" type. Weight and exercise machines can help if you are properly shown the best routine for you and you have the discipline to keep at it.

I lost 14kg so far, still got another 7 to go to get to where I want but its taken me a year to get there. I now enjoy a good circuit walk every other day of 8-10km and now introducing an hour of weight training twice a week. It becomes a habot and I was surprised I actually started enjoying it after a while and now I get cranky if I dont go on my exercise walks, its amazing how different you feel, but you gotta have the discipline and determination to make it hapen. There is no magic bullet or substance, its bloody hard work but does become easier the more you absorb it into your daily life routine.

 

Good luck

The closer you get to your goal weight the slower it goes. Standard for everyone. Yes your exercise and diet have to become part of your life only then will it works. Its hard to figure out how to best integrate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robblok said:

The closer you get to your goal weight the slower it goes. Standard for everyone. Yes your exercise and diet have to become part of your life only then will it works. Its hard to figure out how to best integrate it. 

It can be, but you do have to prioritise it, if its important you will adjust accordingly and make the time for it, if you cant, frankly its not a priority and there is a problem right there, dont make excuses, make a plan and make it happen. Its all about attitude in the first steps, in my opinion. You gotaa want it, be focussed and determined, the reward is in the results, and it really is worth it in so many ways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No cheese, no full fat milk, no sugar, no burgers, no Pizza, no french fries, no deserts, no alcohol. If possible never ever..
Limit fruit and fruit juices (sugar)
limit bread, rice, patatoes (carbs)
Can eat limitless, vegetables, chicken, fish, pork. If hungry eat some carrots or if really craving eat some dry cookies (little sugar)

Sport regularly. Cross trainer, biking, fitness in general.

Anyway this worked for me and kept me fit during many years.
Unfortunately there are no miracles..


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dunno why people  have such an issue with dumb weight "plans", want to lose  weight, SIMPLE ,eat  less,  just eat once  a  day for a month soon  lose weight, then after just eat twice a  day and  no  more , just drink water...............how  hard  can it  be 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you go keto, it means NO carbs or real low, just buying a few keto products wont do at all if the rest of your diet is not low or no carb.  Fruits for instance have sugar and are considered carbs.

Getting the body to go into Ketosis is not as easy as it reads to be, your changing the way your body uses fuel as I am sure you are aware, well worth doing but a big change for the OP reading into his post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cooked said:

Getting away from the weight loss aspect, cutting back on carbohydrates can only be good for your health. At 70 I have thrown away my blood pressure meds and statins thanks to the keto diet and lost 11 Kg in the process, running a mile a day now. After four months I have slightly increased my carbs intake from 20 gm a day (one slice toast= 13 gm CH) to 40 but instead of intermittent dieting (16 hours a day without food) I fast one day  a week and feel great the next day, my running times are always good then.

Keto stills your hunger, I find it difficult to overeat, in fact I have to make an effort to maintain my weight.

Anyway, no easy magic bullet for weight loss but it can be done.

Lowering carbs especially bad cars is always good but not all carbs are created equal. I have tried keto and for me it never stilled my hunger. People differ in how they react to certain diets that is why i always advocate to find what you like. You obviously found something you like and what works for you. 

 

This does not mean it will work for everyone. But a caloric reduction and better quality of food (lower carbs) is always good no matter how you get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CGW said:

Getting the body to go into Ketosis is not as easy as it reads to be, your changing the way your body uses fuel as I am sure you are aware, well worth doing but a big change for the OP reading into his post.

I know what ketosis is, I just don't agree its the only way to burn fat or the best way to burn fat. I have seen the scientific research on it. Once you lower your caloric intake it really does not matter much anymore the body will burn fat.

 

Of course a good diet is important. If you cut down on carbs and processed food then after that it does not matter much anymore if you cut the rest of your carbs out for keto or just keep an healthy diet.

 

I have had this discussion quite a few times and have read the research on it, however some people just can be convinced and think its something magical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

It can be, but you do have to prioritise it, if its important you will adjust accordingly and make the time for it, if you cant, frankly its not a priority and there is a problem right there, dont make excuses, make a plan and make it happen. Its all about attitude in the first steps, in my opinion. You gotaa want it, be focussed and determined, the reward is in the results, and it really is worth it in so many ways.

True, but what i was getting at is that some people like to exercise in the morning others prefer at night. You just have to find out what works. The better its integrated the better it works. I got a gym at home so its easy to train. I prefer some cardio in the morning but like my weight lifting at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robblok said:

 People differ in how they react to certain diets that is why i always advocate to find what you like. You obviously found something you like and what works for you. 

Nail on the head! we are all different to some extent and have to cater to that difference, "genetic typing" and "blood group" knowing where you are within these boundaries is essential, there is no "diet" that will work for all, yet this rarely addressed in the MSM as it consists mainly of promoting yet another new diet book! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kannot said:

dunno why people  have such an issue with dumb weight "plans", want to lose  weight, SIMPLE ,eat  less,  just eat once  a  day for a month soon  lose weight, then after just eat twice a  day and  no  more , just drink water...............how  hard  can it  be 

The problem is that people have different hunger sensations. There are some great BBC documentaries that explain that. Case in point my current gf can easily not eat for a day without hunger pangs at all. I can't do that, i could actually if i wanted it eat 2 pizzas without getting full. I don't of course as that would get me fat. 

 

Anyway the studies prove you are wrong, having said that everyone can of course improve on themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cooked said:

Getting away from the weight loss aspect, cutting back on carbohydrates can only be good for your health. At 70 I have thrown away my blood pressure meds and statins thanks to the keto diet and lost 11 Kg in the process, running a mile a day now. After four months I have slightly increased my carbs intake from 20 gm a day (one slice toast= 13 gm CH) to 40 but instead of intermittent dieting (16 hours a day without food) I fast one day  a week and feel great the next day, my running times are always good then.

Keto stills your hunger, I find it difficult to overeat, in fact I have to make an effort to maintain my weight.

Anyway, no easy magic bullet for weight loss but it can be done.

My Mother ate  crap all her life....shes  90 and still driving.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...