BANGKOK 21 March 2019 10:45
Oztaffy

Have you tried Jucing to loose weight

I am not qualify to speak on health subject because I don't have a MD behind my name. Nevertheless I like to comment on this issue. If you stop eating wheat products or reduce them to the very minimal it may bring your weight down. Rice and other grains too. You need to eat lots of vegetable and I mean lots and lots of veggie, also fish and meat to replace the missing wheat products and lots of butter and fats(not vegetable fats like palm oil or soya bean oil) The fats keep you from hunger. But check your blood for cholesterol .

May be if you watch "Dr William Davis " on youtube you get some ideas from there too. He wrote a book called "Wheat Belly" . He sounds convincing.

I think Vegetable fats are just as harmful as animal fats (lard or beef fats). Anyone knows any alternative? Vegetable fats are just transfat aren't they? And they are worst than animal fat when hydrogenated (that's transfatty acid)

When I follow the above diet I lose weight by the week, so that is fast, no exercises needed. I think exercises may speed up the weight loss faster I haven't tried yet.

I cannot go on a juicing diet, i get too hungry all the time.

Edited by madusa
add more words
  • Like 1

If you only drink juices your intake is: water, natural flavourings, and a mound of sugar. Because that is what juice is.

If you want to loose weight stop drinking alcohol, get on a bicycle, eat pleaty of whole wheat products and vegetables and WHOLE fruit.

Hell, just eat fruit for a few months, just don't juice and throw away the most important part of it: fibers!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

'Cleansing' is trendy nonsense

Yes, quite agree with you. By the way counting calories don't always work I think. But my car certainly go a certain kilometers on certain amount of petrol. But then I am not a car.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bullie said:

If you only drink juices your intake is: water, natural flavourings, and a mound of sugar. Because that is what juice is.

If you want to loose weight stop drinking alcohol, get on a bicycle, eat pleaty of whole wheat products and vegetables and WHOLE fruit.

Hell, just eat fruit for a few months, just don't juice and throw away the most important part of it: fibers!!

There is a very big difference between juices,if you make your own juice from vegetables then there is not much sugar in that.If you by fruit juice in the store you are drinking sugar water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

There is a very big difference between juices,if you make your own juice from vegetables then there is not much sugar in that.If you by fruit juice in the store you are drinking sugar water.

If you make fruit juice from fruit its almost as bad as the stuff you buy, vegetable juice is something else. Depending on the vegetable of course.

• Like 1

Some one asked how much are juice cleanses,   Just checked their facebook page and they have a 25% discount for the rest of the month.     If you are interested you can check it out here.   

As I suspected, it looks like the OP is just trying to sell something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

You were not the only one. Still it became an interesting thread.

• Like 1

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

Ditto. I have done 2/3 water fasts up to 30 days to kickstart now stick to a 16/8 or 5/2 regime. Working for me.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

Yes new members seem to be doing that a lot lately.Too cheap to pay for an ad which nobody looks at anyway.

Next topic by a newbie i will just ignore.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Oztaffy said:

That's a good idea with the frozen fruit,   Maybe i will give it a try..  Its taking that first step (for the hundredth time!) to change my lifestyle rather than keep slipping back into old habits of cheese and Branston Pickle sandwiches and Cappuccino Yen!!     lol

Not so sure about blended frozen fruit. It's a potentially dangerous way to ingest way more fruit than you would ordinarily eat in a single sitting, and therefore a huge sugar hit to the system. I used to do these every day until I was hit with atherosclerosis (no doubt a result of a previous crappy lifestyle, but I am sure these contributed). Juicing veggies with a bit of fruit, maybe; but just fruit could be bad for your metabolism.

Personally I have switched to keto and feel better than I have for years, your preferences may differ. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, villagefarang said:

What worked best for me was a couple of three day fasts  to jumpstart the process and then a consistent program of intermittent fasting. I don’t eat for about 20 hours each day.  Not easy but really quite simple. Weightlifting helps me a lot too. 

Exactly what I did.  Best possible program.  

• Like 1

THe best part aboit this topic is nobody knows anything. The brightest doctors in the world told us for years to eat many small meals a day, and now everything indicates that eating rarely and going long periods of time without food is very healthy. Ironically enough i did this all through my youth and figured i was destrying myself, no winder i never went into a hospital one time. 

Nobody knows anything. That is the first lesson.