Drama at the beach as Thai "stalker" shoots ex then turns gun on himself

webfact

Drama at the beach as Thai "stalker" shoots ex then turns gun on himself

6pm.jpg

Sanook reported on a shooting drama that left a 24 year old woman dead and her ex boyfriend critically injured in hospital. 

The man, who was stalking his ex girlfriend, has been given a 50-50 chance of living after turning the gun on himself. 

The drama had its roots in the break-up of Thitichaya and Aphiwat, 25, some five months ago.

Aphiwat wanted to resume the relationship and frequently went to a company on PMY Beach in Rayong where Thitichaya was a water systems inspector. 

His visits were frequent but she always rejected him.

Colleagues of the lady would look out for her as Aphiwat always arrived in a car to wait for her. When the coast was clear she would go home. 

But on Monday Aphiwat changed his M.O. and arrived on a motorcycle and was calming waiting having a beer opposite the company armed with a 9mm automatic gun. 

Workers indicated that it was safe for Thitichaya to leave and as she drove off her ex approached her and shot her twice in the car. She was hit in the head and shoulder. 

He then dragged her corpse out of the still moving car that rolled off and collided with another vehicle and a power pole 50 meters down the beach road. 

He then shot himself in the side of the head. 

A co-worker of the deceased saw that he was still clutching the gun and decided that a crowd who had gathered were at risk because the shooter showed signs that he was not dead. 

He took the gun out of Aphiwat's hand and emptied it before police arrived on the scene.

Muang Rayong police found Thitichaya dead at the scene and her car 50 meters away while Aphiwat was taken to Bangkok Rayong Hospital. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-15

Sad. Obviously knew that danger was waiting for her to no avail. Even if the cops were effective here, she was a woman with a clock on her life. In modernized countries some sort of restraining orders are issued, though if the intent of murder is there, no paper is ever going to stop it. Her only recourse here was to pay to get him taken care of or arm herself.

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i'm sick of all this shit.

I'm kind of on the fence with gun control in my home country but here is a different story though I'm not sure if it would of mattered here.  It could of just went like the U.K. with the knife use or the Chinese in primary schools with hammers. This moron with his refusal to acknowledge the end of the relationship was so hell bent on killing her he probably would of used a rusty spoon. 

Where do they learn all this "loss of face" & vengeance from? 

I actually make this a whole topic in my class and dissuade my students from even trying to think about it!

Does the Thai culture teach something about "loss of face"-"vengeance"-"dead" as the ultimate solution and positive "afterlife" or does Buddhism?

This insanity needs a cure.

1 hour ago, Pedigree said:

I actually make this a whole topic in my class and dissuade my students from even trying to think about it!

Does the Thai culture teach something about "loss of face"-"vengeance"-"dead" as the ultimate solution and positive "afterlife" or does Buddhism?

I think that a lot of La Korn soaps and Thai pop song videos have this in the storyline, I'm sure it doesn't help. It is getting insane here, there seems to be one reported almost every day....

23 hours ago, Pedigree said:

He didn't shoot himself in the face.  He shot him in the side of the head. 

Archived