Can you extend your VISA early and not lose days?

We are on a UK 60 day tourist visa expiring on January 28th 2019. We plan to go to the Krabi immigration office to extend the VISA by another 30 days. If we go there early before the 28th, for example on the 21st, would we lose 7 days from the VISA or would the new 30 day VISA start from the 28th/29th? Thanks in advance for your help and apologies if this question is a repeat. I did search but the information I found was 4 years old. Many thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Most offices will do it within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay.

For a 30 day extension of a 60 day entry from a tourist visa? I would say 2 weeks at most offices is the earliest it can be done.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For a 30 day extension of a 60 day entry from a tourist visa? I would say 2 weeks at most offices is the earliest it can be done.

In Sisaket, it 45 days before expiration date. 

If you enter with a 30 days exemption, you can extend on the same day you entered... really! 

My friend arrived on 60days visa on December 12th and on January 14th extended visa for 30 day. Total 90 days stay. Photocopy your passport pages bring current passport size photo and 1900Bhat cash.  Just ask you local immigration officer. 

Have Fun and BeHapppY...Life is short 

• 1 year later...

My 90 days tourist visa going to expire on 4th April 2020. Because of COVID-19 situation I am unable to fly back home. I got stucked and really don't know what to do. How about my visa extension? Kindly advice me please.Thank you so much.