Modest Croatian tourist saves two tourists from drowning - calls for Pattaya lifeguards

webfact

Modest Croatian tourist saves two tourists from drowning - calls for Pattaya lifeguards

screenshot_8467.jpg

A Croatian tourist saved not one but two visitors to Pattaya on a single afternoon. 

But he refused to call himself a hero opting for "Good Samaritan" instead. 

Thaivisa caught up with 51 year old Sinisa Leto after he contacted us on Facebook to call for lifeguards to patrol Pattaya's beaches. 

He gave Thaivisa footage of the aftermath in which he had rescued what he believed to be two Chinese nationals at the beach at the end of last week. 

While modest Sinisa was doing the life saving girlfriends of the victims were filming on the beach. 

The two men were with each other but got into trouble in the deep water and were effectively pulling each other down. 

This is when the 190 cm tall and well built Croatian from Pula plunged into action.

"If I had not rescued them they were dead for sure as they were pulling each other down," said Sinisa. 

"When I got to them they grabbed me like I was a million Euros!

"There was no verbal communication - they were just fighting for their lives". 

In the video he advised one of the men not to go so deep next time. The incident happened opposite the Bella Vista Hotel on Beach Road, he said last Friday or Saturday. 

Sinisa said that he has made about ten visits to Thailand and this time he has been in Thailand a month already and will go to Phuket next. He plans to stay for three months in total. 

He spoke of the need for lifeguards. 

"I handled this as there was no one else to give assistance. Some other guys were there but didn't offer any help.

"Lifeguards are necessary - people get into trouble and soon find themselves in deep water unable to help themselves". 

Asked if he considered himself a hero he said:

"No - just call me a Good Samaritan"

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-15

10 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

If anyone wants to know what he's saying "I saved these 2 donkeys a life. Here they are. They went into the deep waters.... I'm still shaking <deleted>. They have no idea how to swim, but went into deep water :)"

Thanks for that.

Is donkey a term of endearment in Croatia? ????

Rooster

12 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Not the first time Chinese try swimming but they can't swim 

So meny times other people rescue them 

And where are lifeguard they suppose to be one the beach 

It is common, many cannot swim and they do not understand that they can be out of their depth and helpless quite suddenly. I think Indians too are likely candidates. I don't think there are any emergency life-rings or floating devices anywhere on the beach either. 

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I shudder to think of what floats in Pattaya Bay: certainly not Chinese tourists.

Well the squashy floaters would not be much use, but the others, if you could get the knot out, inflate them and get them retied that just might save you!

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is common, many cannot swim and they do not understand that they can be out of their depth and helpless quite suddenly. I think Indians too are likely candidates. I don't think there are any emergency life-rings or floating devices anywhere on the beach either. 

If they're lucky there a large pieces of styrofoam left by the fishermen...

6 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Wonder exactly what percentage of deep water they were in????

Remember Pattaya Beach has recently been extended and raised with a lot of sand. There must be a shelf out there. 

16 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

If anyone wants to know what he's saying "I saved these 2 donkeys a life. Here they are. They went into the deep waters.... I'm still shaking <deleted>. They have no idea how to swim, but went into deep water :)"

haha correct. Dva magarca.

Lifeguards would be a great idea,  oh yes, there are lifeguards on jomtien beach,  if you take a look between soi 6 and soi 7 you will find all 8-10 of them sitting together, in the shade of the tree looking at their smart phones.   

While I fully respect and admire the Croatian gentleman, I figure it’s an Asian thing about not having any degree of manners ( except the civilised and well mannered Japanese people ) They should have drowned then this incident would’ve been all over the news, especially the Chinese’s..

Then surely the Thais would be giving away elite visas free to all Chinese people ! 

18 hours ago, RDahlin said:

Lifeguards would be a great idea,  oh yes, there are lifeguards on jomtien beach,  if you take a look between soi 6 and soi 7 you will find all 8-10 of them sitting together, in the shade of the tree looking at their smart phones.   

Ditto on Pattaya beach. Sat under a shelter opposite Soi 6. They only venture out to shop for food. No patrols.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:20 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Not the first time Chinese try swimming but they can't swim 

So meny times other people rescue them 

And where are lifeguard they suppose to be one the beach 

they are sat down somewhere playing their effin phones !!

• 1 month later...

Heh, this guy is my friend - his name is Siniša, and in Pula Rock City we all call him "Šime". He's a great guy who runs a great restaurant near my house.
Here at the Croatian Adriatic where we live, modesty is a normal thing because every year there are quite numeruous cases of saving lives at sea. An excerpt from this 'Pula Travel Guide' can give you a good idea why it happens:

"Do yourself a favor and throw a glance 10 meters left and right before you enter the water in the wrong place. Before you jump from the rocks, first enter the water slowly like a retiree and check how deep it is. Since every beachrock is a much harder than your head, don't ignore common sense even when the waves are small. Although the truth is that waves are always coming in the certain rythm and there's a short pause every few minutes - in case of medium and especially big waves, do not imitate inexperienced Tarzans or local individuals who know exactly what they're doing in the rough sea. In emergency cases, remember that swimming (distanced at least 10-15 meters from the coast) a few minutes to the nearest bay/cove is the best way to survive, for both you and your eventual savior(s)."

10 minutes ago, dayon said:

Heh, this guy is my friend - his name is Siniša, and in Pula Rock City we all call him "Šime". He's a great guy who runs a great restaurant near my house.
Here at the Croatian Adriatic where we live, modesty is a normal thing because every year there are quite numeruous cases of saving lives at sea. An excerpt from this 'Pula Travel Guide' can give you a good idea why it happens:

"Do yourself a favor and throw a glance 10 meters left and right before you enter the water in the wrong place. Before you jump from the rocks, first enter the water slowly like a retiree and check how deep it is. Since every beachrock is a much harder than your head, don't ignore common sense even when the waves are small. Although the truth is that waves are always coming in the certain rythm and there's a short pause every few minutes - in case of medium and especially big waves, do not imitate inexperienced Tarzans or local individuals who know exactly what they're doing in the rough sea. In emergency cases, remember that swimming (distanced at least 10-15 meters from the coast) a few minutes to the nearest bay/cove is the best way to survive, for both you and your eventual savior(s)."

Oh well said!

One good post is worth 20 psychopathic posters (yes,I am minimising) any day.

Archived