Income Letter from Bank

7 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have just had a reply from Transferwise. It states that a transfer to a Thai bank will show as a local transfer. I did mention Bangkok Bank and they said that was the same, a local transfer.

Yes, my recent one showed up as a SMART transfer, like a domestic one. 

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, billsmart said:

Thanks to everyone who posted responses here.

I think now I've narrowed my concern down to just one: identifying my transfers as "international" transfers to the satisfaction of Thai Immigrations. That's one of the questions I've asked my bank (Krungsri/Ayudhya) already, so I just have to wait on their answer. ????

I can't speak for Krungsri/Ayudhya bank but if you download your bank statements from Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank they show overseas funds as International Transfers. Why not try that?

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:31 PM, JackThompson said:

There are along discussions and back-forth on this topic in other threads.  Transferwise has several banks they use as "local partners."   If the transfer goes direct to your bank, you get an international code.  If it goes through another Thai bank first, you don't.  Some think TW will always show international at Bangkok Bank - but even that is not 100% certain (they have other partner-banks here). 

I would not count on being able to get your bank to write some sort of custom-letter based on "credit-advice" on multiple transfers, or similar.  Most likely, you will be using a bank-history statement - possibly a modified one showing only incoming international transfers.

Personally, I would use a transfer method that is reliably international - a SWIFT transfer without an "intermediate bank" in Thailand specified.  If your Thai bank's SWIFT instructions include an intermediate Thai-bank, I would go open an account at that bank, and use it for your transfers.

I transferred money from Australia on the 14/01 using Transfer wise, it arrived here at 14.02 and showed as an International Transfer on my statement

My pension is direct from Centerlink (Australian government pensions) and is is deposited into my Bangkok account as a local transfer (BTN).

I think my pension is paid to the Bank of Thailand then sent to Bangkok Bank, I will try to track this down.

Did'nt think there'd be paper trails in legal transactions!

24 minutes ago, chassa70 said:

I think my pension is paid to the Bank of Thailand then sent to Bangkok Bank, I will try to track this down.

I don't think the Bank of Thailand can receive and transfer funds. I would guess it is being sent via a intermediary Thai bank. Perhaps one of the international banks that are registered here (Citi Bank for example).

• Thanks 1

I told everyone I'd tell them what my research with my bank, Krungsri/Ayudhya, regarding my international transfers done using the online service Transferwise.

- The transfers show as domestic deposits coming from an account at TMB bank. Transferwise obviously collects my money in the US and then has money sent to my account from their partner bank in Thailand.

Now, whether Thai Immigrations is going to look at my bank book and accept these as "international funds transfers," I do not know. I could, of course, also produce records of the withdrawals at my US bank, and records from Transferwise showing the transactions, but I don't know if Thai Immigrations would care anything about those.

I'm going into my local immigrations office in February to do my 90-day. While I'm there, I'm going to talk with them and show them a couple pages out of my bank book, and see if they will accept these as "proof of international transfers" of income - or not.

I'll post again here the results after I've done that.

Edited by billsmart
Clumsiness

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

I told everyone I'd tell them what my research with my bank, Krungsri/Ayudhya, regarding my international transfers done using the online service Transferwise.

- The transfers show as domestic deposits coming from an account at TMB bank. Transferwise obviously collects my money in the US and then has money sent to my account from their partner bank in Thailand.

Now, whether Thai Immigrations is going to look at my bank book and accept these as "international funds transfers," I do not know. I could, of course, also produce records of the withdrawals at my US bank, and records from Transferwise showing the transactions, but I don't know if Thai Immigrations would care anything about those.

I'm going into my local immigrations office in February to do my 90-day. While I'm there, I'm going to talk with them and show them a couple pages out of my bank book, and see if they will accept these as "proof of international transfers" of income - or not.

I'll post again here the results after I've done that.

I think you know as much as anyone else as to what TI will require or be satisfied with. It may also vary between regions. It seems sensible to try and fulfill the requirements as they are written in the amendment. ie a statement from a Thai bank account showing monthly 65k transfers from overseas! No mention of supporting documents from other sources. 

Let us hope common sense prevails, many international transfers seem to ultimately arrive looking like domestic ones, a problem for many I expect. 

Edited by jacko45k