Report: Successful retirement extension using monthly income, no consul letter

Assuming each transfer was at least 65k baht correct? Good info about the need for a bank letter in this instance. You had records going back 12 months. Many applicants this year won't because they are transitioning and imports were never required before for income method. Also of course this was not a combo application sans embassy letter.

Cheers.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Assuming each transfer was at least 65k baht correct? Good info about the need for a bank letter in this instance. You had records going back 12 months. Many applicants this year won't because they are transitioning and imports were never required before for income method. Also of course this was not a combo application sans embassy letter.

Cheers.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Would it have made any difference if it WAS the combination method, eg 12 x 40k = 480k plus 320k in the bank?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

I failed to mention in my post that I also provided a copy of my yellow book (aka tabien baan). It's not listed as a requirement, but I threw it in the mix to document my "bona fides." The IO did not comment on it, and I probably won't bother including it next year.

In Pattaya we use the yellow book as proof of residence, did you include any other proof in your application?

14 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

the bank statements with each monthly deposit highlighted in yellow,

What sort of bank statements are you referring to?

I can download statements from my i-banking for 6 month periods, where these what you used?

Or did you specifically get statements from the bank, if so, what time periods did they cover?

Or did you just use photocopies of your bank book?

Thanks...

Just a question , My retirement visa expires June 2019 and I have had a retirement visa for 9 years with no problem . In the past I have transferred $ 10000 Aus approx every 3 months depending on the exchange rate  which always totals well over 800000 baht per annum . Can I renew my visa this year with a Bangkok Bank statement showing these International transfers arriving regularly along with a letter from the bank validating these transfers ? Thank you 

10 minutes ago, john ianson said:

Just a question , My retirement visa expires June 2019 and I have had a retirement visa for 9 years with no problem . In the past I have transferred $ 10000 Aus approx every 3 months depending on the exchange rate  which always totals well over 800000 baht per annum . Can I renew my visa this year with a Bangkok Bank statement showing these International transfers arriving regularly along with a letter from the bank validating these transfers ? Thank you 

The new rules state you must show 12 monthly transfers into the country equal to or greater than 65k baht to apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement if you do not have proof of income from your embassy which you can no longer get from the Australian embassy.

You need statements to prove statements to prove the transfers and letter from the bank confirming you account is valid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP only got a letter confirming his account is valid. His bank statements proved his income was being transferred in for 12 months.

Sorry but I am not clear what bank statements you are refering to.

I don't receive bank statements from Bangkok Bank through the post as I could do in the UK. Do these have to be requested from the bank?

I can download statements for 6 months banking on-line, but I would not call those bank statements.

Thanks

In Pattaya we use the yellow book as proof of residence, did you include any other proof in your application?

For info. The Gov. Center in Bangkok have never required proof of address from me in twelve years. This year I met a chap waiting to be seen in J1 section, (change of address) and since he returned to L section, (non imm. extensions )without needing to queue I guess that he had been sent there ‘mid application’ when it was noticed that his address had changed. People might consider that there is a procedure for change of address in Bangkok. My address has never been officially recorded in this way. This year they did want a sketch map of where I lived but didn’t scrutinise it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The new rules state you must show 12 monthly transfers into the country equal to or greater than 65k baht to apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement if you do not have proof of income from your embassy which you can no longer get from the Australian embassy.

You need statements to prove statements to prove the transfers and letter from the bank confirming you account is valid.

2.18 of the new rules states 'average' monthly income of xxxxx

2.22 doesn't state 'average' monthly income of xxxxx, but that could just be an accidental omission.

For example, the combination method, remains a total of 800,000 baht per annum, they cannot specify a minimum monthly figure because the deposited funds could vary in each case.

I'm of the opinion that IO's will accept  x monthly deposits totalling either 480K per annum, or 780K per annum.

I believe they'll be flexible in their approach, relying on the bank letter, or totalling the annual deposits from bank statements and dividing by 12.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration may also accept copies of your bank book stamped and signed by bank. They accept bank book and copies as proof for money in the bank option so I see no reason the should not accept them for the income proof.

Surely, you mean 'I see no reason why they should not accept them for the income proof'

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can request a statement at the local branch. The can print one showing the past 6 months or you can request one for a year from Bangkok after paying a small fee for it. 

Immigration may also accept copies of your bank book stamped and signed by bank. They accept bank book and copies as proof for money in the bank option so I see no reason the should not accept them for the income proof.

So at ones 6 month mark one could go to the bank and get an official first 6 month statement then at renewal time the second six month statement... Would this be doable?... I would worry immigration might balk at the first 6 month statement as it is technically 6 months old...

• Like 1