Prayuth wins endorsement from english-speaking kindergartner

snoop1130

Prayuth wins endorsement from english-speaking kindergartner

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

12-18-728x455-696x451.jpg

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, right, holds a kindergartner Tuesday in Lampang province.

LAMPANG — Not known for his English-language skills, junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha on Tuesday enlisted a kindergarten student to promote him in English.

During a visit to Lampang province, Prayuth met third-year kindergarten girl Varin Rampai, who studies at Assumption Kindergarten, part of the private Catholic school Assumption College. A video of the girl endorsing him was later posted online.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/01/15/prayuth-wins-endorsement-from-english-speaking-kindergartner/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-1-15

Fair do's to the girl for being able to speak reasonably good Engrish .. But is it not a cynical bit of PR on his part to employ such a young child to big him up when he don't do the Engrish .. And wouldn't it have been funny if she cut loose and asked when the election was going to be or mocked him for not having a good grasp himself .. 

45 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Assumption Kindergarten, part of the private Catholic school Assumption College

A Catholic school no less! I wonder what Pope Francis would have to say about an opportunistic populist Buddhist like the PM meddling in Catholic affairs to try and buy Christian votes.

1 hour ago, YTP said:

Endorsed by someone who hasn't completed their basic education yet, nice.

So she’s already almost as smart as the general population. Just a few more years and she’ll be ready to roll.

Sickening.

The whole thing was a cringe-making stunt. The girl had clearly been rehearsed (she was manifestly reciting a script).

Pathetic to use innocent, unwitting children in this cynical way. But then - what depths will the junta and its 'caring Leader' NOT descend to?

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

I am beginning to wonder exactly what skills( if any)this man does posses...

You're selling him down Mok I mean only last week he displayed his extraordinary shoo'ing away a storm skills .. Not just anybody could have pulled that off .. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

You're selling him down Mok I mean only last week he displayed his extraordinary shoo'ing away a storm skills .. Not just anybody could have pulled that off .. :smile:

Was that shoo like a someone shooing a sheep, or someone shoeing a horse?

Perhaps even Alvin Stardust:

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Was that shoo like a someone shooing a sheep, or someone shoeing a horse?

Perhaps even Alvin Stardust:

Hahahaha .. I'm going for the first option Sof' .. And for shoo'er good ole' Alvin he know's abit about shoo'ing my Coo ca ..

I've shown pictures of that face to an uncle and an aunt, both (...quite old, but) respected 'shrinks', to get their 'on first sight' superficial impression about the personality behind it.

Allow me not to go into details, their comments were simply frightening. Going a lot further than my 'gutt feeling', but not that healthy for me in the present local climate to epilogate about.

In a nutshell, simply, a potentially dangerous person with a huge ego and deep perturbations...

15 hours ago, mok199 said:

I am beginning to wonder exactly what skills( if any)this man does posses...

He speaks with god and controls nature, his an accomplished author, songwriter, musician, playwrite, television producer and comedian and not to mention an international statesman to name just a few.

14 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

He speaks with god and controls nature, his an accomplished author, songwriter, musician, playwrite, television producer and comedian and not to mention an international statesman to name just a few.

Normally we say that makes him 'a jack of all trades, but master of none'. However, in this case I don't thing Prayut even gets that first accolade, he's just a dreamer.

Archived