Baby in Thailand

ThaiOnIce

Got a baby which I confirmed with DNA testing. I don’t know the babies real name or date of birth. I want to get citizenship for the baby in the USA by descent. As per the embassies checklist I need a original birth certificate and actually get the baby and her to show up to the embassy in Bangkok. I offered to send money to her mom and aunt who actually raise her kids and the offer was refused.

how do I get a birth certificate for the baby? How do I get the baby to the embassy for an appointment? Do I have any recourse if the mom just decides she’s better off without me and her baby will grow up without his biological dad?

On 1/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, ThaiOnIce said:

how do I get a birth certificate for the baby?

Ask the mother. She has it.

How do I get the baby to the embassy for an appointment?

Ask the mother. Only she can do it.

Do I have any recourse if the mom just decides she’s better off without me and her baby will grow up without his biological dad?

Not really. If you were not married at the time of birth you currently have zero rights over the child. And I do mean zero.

You can pay to take the mother to Court to get legitimised as the father. Once you have done this you can ask the Court for access. This is all possible, but at the end of this process the mother may refuse to let you see the child anyway. 

If you antagonize the mother she could well poison the child's mind against you.

I'm sorry that sounds negative, but if the mother isn't willing you are really going to struggle.

Archived