doctor for management of sinusitis

emgthailand

Looking for a doctor in Bangkok who is good at treating chronic sinusitis. I already take all the meds, do the washes, etc. etc. and sometimes it just doesn't help. I do have allergies but also take all the allergy meds. Pollution these days could certainly be exacerbating it, been wearing a mask the past few days. Been to a few doctors but either they want to overprescribe antibiotics or they want to prescribe steroid pills and no antibiotics, or they suggest more surgery. Been having problems most of the past month. Suggestions appreciated.

I have never been able to find a doctor to successfully manage my sinusitis either here or in the west.

So good luck with that.

Allergic rhinitis and sinusitis usually go hand-in-hand with allergies triggering the rhinitis then the sinusitis.

Most larger Bangkok hospitals have allergy clinics where they can de-sensitise you against the allergies but this process takes 2-5 years.

The latest theory on nasal lavage is that long term it can be counter productive by destroying the natural immunology that protects the nasal surfaces.

A lot of nasal and oral medications can actually make things worse with the "rebound effect".

My management of the problem was to avoid things like dust mould cats etc and use of Nasonex (under doctors supervision of course) in times of trouble.

Just now, LosLobo said:

I have never been able to find a doctor to successfully manage my sinusitis either here or in the west.

So good luck with that.

Allergic rhinitis and sinusitis usually go hand-in-hand with allergies triggering the rhinitis then the sinusitis.

Most larger Bangkok hospitals have allergy clinics where they can de-sensitise you against the allergies but this process takes 2-5 years.

The latest theory on nasal lavage is that long term it can be counter productive by destroying the natural immunology that protects the nasal surfaces.

A lot of nasal and oral medications can actually make things worse with the "rebound effect".

My management of the problem was to avoid things like dust mould cats etc and use of Nasonex (under doctors supervision of course) in times of trouble.

You can't manage this. I have been reading recently that it makes my reflux worse.

I tried using steroids and it helped a bit, but why bother. Forgot the name, comes in a green case. Sheryl probably knows.

Prof. Songklot Aeumjaturapat is good. Successfully managed my nephew's chronic sinusitis and also that of a friend. Can be seen at Bangkok Hospital or St Louis Hospital, the latter is cheaper.

But if this is due to allergy you may need more than an ENT i.e. you might need allergy testing.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Prof. Songklot Aeumjaturapat is good. Successfully managed my nephew's chronic sinusitis and also that of a friend. Can be seen at Bangkok Hospital or St Louis Hospital, the latter is cheaper.

But if this is due to allergy you may need more than an ENT i.e. you might need allergy testing.

I know what I'm allergic to. Got tested a few months ago at Bumrungrad. At least slightly desensitized to some of my more severe allergies due to 3 years of immunotherapy prior to coming here. Thought about shots here but it seems not every hospital has them and Bumrungrad won't allow me to take the serum to a hospital that's closer to me. Actually had a different allergist at a different hospital tell me immunotherapy doesn't work on adults, which is BS. I have definitely been partially desensitized starting immunotherapy as an adult. 

Will check the doctor you mentioned.  Thanks. 

Archived