BANGKOK 19 July 2019 16:56
ezzra

Handcuffed, drugged with ketamine: Truth behind Thai cave rescue

On 1/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, seajae said:

another journo trying to sell his book by putting this out there, we all knew they were being sedated and wrapped so they could not remove masks etc in a panic, just trying to sensationalize it to sell his book, by inferring they were doing something wrong when in fact what they did saved their lives, its absolutely pathetic

... reminds me of Al Gore and his book on the global warming scam ☺...  The bottom line on this is that they made it out of that cave healthy and alive. 

6 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Old news. The kids, non-swimmers and panicky, were sedated and secured to their rescuers. Not drugged & handcuffed. Typical Western anti-Asian bias from a commercial propaganda outlet. 

Arent "sedated and secured" and "drugged and handcuffed" the same thing ?

• Like 1

Arent "sedated and secured" and "drugged and handcuffed" the same thing ?
In a way. But the former is neutral in connotation while the latter is negative and sensationalist and implies action taken against someone's will or without their knowledge.

Also "handcuffed" evokes images of metal cuffs used by police which were almost certainlt not what was used as they'd be too likely to snag on rocks.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I read the boys were being taught to swim as well.  I also read that the boys would be sedated when it came actual time to move them out.  Far as I can see, the OP stated what was reported before the boys were ever rescued.  :coffee1:

Naturally the journalist has the proof with  written statements from the boys and all the divers and medics complete with photos.

How strange that none of the boys nor ANY of the rescuers ever mentioned these "facts" at any of the interviews during and after the rescues.

I was aware that they had been injected with tranquillisers, but handcuffed as well?

Can I smell BS or what?
The boys didn't and couldn't tell anything about the 'trip'. That's because what you just read about the rescue is true.

Sent from my G8441 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

After the rescue,  a doctor in Europe i happened to know told me the kids had been "sedated" (he was not involved,  he just followed the news). So you can call this fact "widely known".

Sedation here implies fixation ("handcuffs").

Why some officials felt the need to deny this I don't know (one has been quoted above).

Whether the families were informed,  as Sheryl suspects, is anyone's guess. In my country, we would not have informed them. (But then,  we hardly have malpractice suits in my country. )

Anyway it worked.

Well done to those who had the  courage to make the decision and the courage and the skill to carry it out successfully.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:30 AM, DanaDeLuxe said:

It probably saved them from a terrifying and traumatizing experience. And made the rescue less dangerous for the divers.

Why is this news now?

Agreed. I thought this was well known. The boys couldn't swim, so the perils ahead would have been terrifying.  

Doping them seems normal.

And the good news of course is they came out alive and well.