Doctors warn trippers of severe danger of using LSD-laden ‘deadly stamps’

webfact

Doctors warn trippers of severe danger of using LSD-laden ‘deadly stamps’

By The Nation

file.jpg

FILE photo

Doctors have warned tourists and party-goers of the danger of “deadly stamps”, as the illicit drug is becoming popular among nightlife visitors to Koh Pha-Ngan.

Characterised by its resemblance to a stamp, the drug, which contains lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), can lead to severe hallucinations, violence, self-harm and suicide, doctors at the Public Health Ministry said on Tuesday.

The drug takes effect 30 to 90 minutes after users put the tiny piece of LSD-coated paper under the tongue, but the effects last between eight and 12 hours, Medical Science Department director-general Somsak Akksilp said, following the recent arrest of a German drug dealer who had been selling the “deadly stamps” to tourists on Pha-Ngan Island.

The drug causes dilated pupils and increases body temperature and heart rates, and it can also cause sweating, lack of appetite, insomnia, dry lips and shaky hands, he warned.

Under its influence, people may at first feel happy and energetic, but that is followed by severe hallucination, which can to lead acts of violence, self-harm and suicide, he stressed.

LSD, also known as “acid”, can also affect mental health in the long run, leading to psychiatric disorders, depression, paranoia and hallucination long after users stop taking the substance, said Sarawut Boonchaipanichwattana, director of the Public Health Ministry’s Princess Mother National Institute on Drug Abuse Treatment.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362304

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-16

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Under its influence, people may at first feel happy and energetic, but that is followed by severe hallucination, which can to lead acts of violence, self-harm and suicide

Can only agree. Just have to look back in history to the 60's to support this arguement.:stoner:

download (8).jpg

download (9).jpg

That Sht will change your life. The first time i did lsd was a double dip coke based trip. After 12hours of tripping i felt literally reborn. Was life altering. Been a more appreciative, caring happy person ever since. Dangers are obvious but really only dangerous for people with underlying psych issues, easilly mislead sheep and maybe a little weak, brainwashed, beliefs in gods, ghosts and such rubbish if you get my drift... A firm grasp on reality is a must if you have access to strong trips.

Most trips arent so strong and youll peak for just a couple hours.

Ive taken a lot in my life and had no side effects at all.

Meanwhile, America is contemplating legalizing psychedelic mushrooms.

The irony here is that the US forced it's allies in the 70's to adopt strict anti-drug laws, and is now moving the world in the other direction.

For better or worse, who's to say?

http://fortune.com/2018/12/03/oregon-vote-2020-ballot-initiative-legalize-psychedelic-mushrooms-therapy/

What a bunch of Moo wash! As usual they (the doctors and related government officials) speak on authority out of their A ...es

I think it a safe bet that none of them have any personal experience with this or like drug. In this instance I am not for or against the personal use of this drug yet I am 100% against unprofessional so called professionals laying authoritative claim and making statement to press on subjects that they should perhaps get better acquainted with and educated about before pretending that what they have to say is of any real value. Direct experience ... likely none ... specific education likely very little, and therefore professional integrity most definitively = 0   

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

That Sht will change your life. The first time i did lsd was a double dip coke based trip. After 12hours of tripping i felt literally reborn. Was life altering. Been a more appreciative, caring happy person ever since. Dangers are obvious but really only dangerous for people with underlying psych issues, easilly mislead sheep and maybe a little weak, brainwashed, beliefs in gods, ghosts and such rubbish if you get my drift... A firm grasp on reality is a must if you have access to strong trips.

Most trips arent so strong and youll peak for just a couple hours.

Ive taken a lot in my life and had no side effects at all.

We should all be as wonderful,and stable as you. Although your ability to construct a coherent sentence appears to have suffered.

I had a friend who jumped off a bridge while tripping.

I knew of a dude who shot his sister while tripping.

I had a high school friend who burnt out from too much acid and ended up dribbling his own poop on the streets until he died from a speedball.

But hey, some folks can handle it, some folks can't. However, it seems that something can cause psychotic symptoms should not be readily available.

And before you start your "oh you don't know what you are talking about", thats right, I probably have forgotten more about Acid that most of you will ever know if you live to be 110. I've indulged in it (the good clean stuff from the old days when B-J made it in the lab and you put a drop in your eye) and really don't think it has changed my life one way or another. I just outgrew the need for artificial reality and loss of control.

Here was my source, my Professor, glory to Good old NYU! Some great stuff for the Class of 78!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Buettner-Janusch

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

We should all be as wonderful,and stable as you. Although your ability to construct a coherent sentence appears to have suffered.

I had a high school friend who burnt out from too much acid and ended up dribbling his own poop on the streets until he died from a speedball.

But hey, some folks can handle it, some folks can't. However, it seems that something can cause psychotic symptoms should not be readily available.

And before you start your "oh you don't know what you are talking about", thats right, I probably have forgotten more about Acid that most of you will ever know if you live to be 110. I've indulged in it (the good clean stuff from the old days when B-J made it in the lab and you put a drop in your eye) and really don't think it has changed my life one way or another. I just outgrew the need for artificial reality and loss of control.

Here was my source, my Professor, glory to Good old NYU! Some great stuff for the Class of 78!

The most important thing to remember is set and setting. Most young people take acid for fun and don't pay attention to this. I resisted taking it until my 30s because of the fear of the kind of thing that you talk about. Then I suffered from depression and was encouraged to try acid by someone who knew what they were doing. They babysat me while I tripped and I was literally cured overnight. 

Now we have some insight into Nyezhov. Or maybe you are playing with us?

Your mentor J-B was, as you know, a (i) genuine pioneer and game-changer in an important discipline and (ii) a monster. Was it a gradual slide into evil, or was he secretly torturing the animals and aboriginals he was studying all those years? Thoughts?

It is hard to understand how you do not connect his behavior with his production and distribution of LSD.

Coming from the West Coast, the memories of the burnt out hippies are somewhat overshadowed by the terrors of the Crack and AIDS epidemics. LSD is the lesser of those three evils, but still bad news.

43 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Your mentor J-B was, as you know, a (i) genuine pioneer and game-changer in an important discipline and (ii) a monster. Was it a gradual slide into evil, or was he secretly torturing the animals and aboriginals he was studying all those years? Thoughts?

I met him at the end of his run (I graduated in 1978). He was the ONLY Proff that I really recall, even though I wasnt an Anthro guy because he was such a showman. I would take extra Anthro classes simply because he was that good. But he had a mixed reputation around the campus, he did act a little crazy (even in lectures) and even worse after his wife died. But he was a genius of the first order. The stuff he pumped out (an open secret among the students was prime). I personally think he was addicted more to power and saw the dope as a means of making money to live a lifestyle of the very rich without having to put up with University politics so he could just be the Primate dude!

Later he tried to kill the judge that sentenced him.

Archived