Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

But Brexiteers are scared shitless of such a referendum. I can think of only one reason why; they know that this time, with all the facts out in the open and their previous hype exposed, they would lose.

I cannot speak for all Brexiteers,but for myself, I would welcome another referendum. However it must be after the 2016 people’s referendum has been fully implemented.

As we had realize,we were been deceived in 1975, into joining what we thought was a trading block,it took us 41 yrs before we were granted the right to hold a people’s referendum. Therefore in all fairness, can I suggest, that the next referendum takes place 20yrs from our eventual departure from this so called union.

If anyone is scared shitless, could it be the remoaners who are afraid that when we do escape the shackles of Brussels. All their prophesies of doom and protest fear, will be shown to be false. And that in years to come,future generations will thank us for our struggle to escape the bondage of the E.u.

5 minutes ago, aright said:

in fact foreign motor vehicle manufacturers in the US are now making more cars and trucks in the USA than General Motors ,Ford and all other US car companies combined. Are they being disloyal to their country of origin or is it just good business?

good point and very true,yet most leave voters moan like fkuc as one did on here earlier because our airports,water companies,bus companies etc are foreign owned,as i stated there is probably good reason for it,they will be better organised but its hard work trying to tell a leave voter british isnt best,theyve had their heads turned,its not june 1940 anymore,our rail,roads and airports have ALWAYS been inferior the the vast majority of europe,we just dont like to admit because its unpatriotic in some people's eye's.Japanese brains were needed to start producing motor cars after the fiasco's and self destruction of British Leyland,hillman,truimph etc

10 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, compromises are required

I just want to repeat here what I read yesterday in Swedish msm dn.se

interview with Mr Dahlgren, Minister of EU matters in the brand new Swedish government

He was very firm, time limit on Backstop? NO! can not be accepted.

Fresh minister but by far the most experienced Swedish diplomat this side of WW2,

he enjoys big clout across the entire political spectrum in Sweden, from far left to far right.

His word goes. (He has advised Swedish PMs since Jacob Palme, the chap who was murdered in the 80s) 

TM has challenges.

Unfortunately all the compromises so far, have been made by the U.K. government.

The E.u on the other hand have not made any. That of course is their prerogative, as it was the U.K that voted to leave.

So we have come to a stalemate. 

Leaving only one option. Implement the British people vote,and just simple leave the E.u at the end of March. 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

good point and very true,yet most leave voters moan like fkuc as one did on here earlier because our airports,water companies,bus companies etc are foreign owned,as i stated there is probably good reason for it,they will be better organised but its hard work trying to tell a leave voter british isnt best,theyve had their heads turned,its not june 1940 anymore,our rail,roads and airports have ALWAYS been inferior the the vast majority of europe,we just dont like to admit because its unpatriotic in some people's eye's.Japanese brains were needed to start producing motor cars after the fiasco's and self destruction of British Leyland,hillman,truimph etc

Why are you saying "we" , as in being British ?

Don't you mean "They" ?

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I cannot speak for all Brexiteers,but for myself, I would welcome another referendum. However it must be after the 2016 people’s referendum has been fully implemented.

As we had realize,we were been deceived in 1975, into joining what we thought was a trading block,it took us 41 yrs before we were granted the right to hold a people’s referendum. Therefore in all fairness, can I suggest, that the next referendum takes place 20yrs from our eventual departure from this so called union.

If anyone is scared shitless, could it be the remoaners who are afraid that when we do escape the shackles of Brussels. All their prophesies of doom and protest fear, will be shown to be false. And that in years to come,future generations will thank us for our struggle to escape the bondage of the E.u.

you keep referring to 1975 yet probably 35% or more who voted were not even born,they had to vote on what the future was going to be or at least what benefits they had seen from been in the EU,iam still waiting for you to tell me what harm it caused you personally,i think this is 4 or 5 times now i have asked

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What about Thatcher?

She signed the Single European Act in 1986; which led to all the subsequent treaties on closer union.

Truth be told, the Brexiteers two biggest historical heroes, Churchill and Thatcher, were, in fact, supporters of a European Union!

I don’t think so.

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Unfortunately all the compromises so far, have been made by the U.K. government.

The E.u on the other hand have not made any. That of course is their prerogative, as it was the U.K that voted to leave.

Leaving only one option. Implement the British people vote,and just simple leave the E.u at the end of March. 

will take some convincing to make parliament do that

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

I am certainly a Leaver but do not complain about foreign ownership in the UK as I don't complain about UK ownership of businesses in foreign countries.....it works both ways. It's called capitalism and imo most people in the western world have benefitted from this system. Other systems are, of course, available...try Jeremy Corbyn if you want a change.

What does surprise me is the number of people on this forum who think businesses are charities. 

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

wont happen,total suicide 90% of business's and MPs know it,even farage and bojo know it,simple as that,i know its not what you want to hear but its the truth

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Not by any intelligent use of the word can a victory by just 3.7% be described as 'magnificent!'

Narrow, extremely narrow is the truth of it.

I'm glad you finally agree that Farage spouts rubbish! But his words were echoed by many leavers at the time.

But I’m 100% sure,that if the people’s referendum in 2016 had resulted in a majority to remain, by just ONE vote, you would have called that result magnificent.????

3 minutes ago, aright said:

I am certainly a Leaver but do not complain about foreign ownership in the UK as I don't complain about UK ownership of businesses in foreign countries.....it works both ways. It's called capitalism and imo most people in the western world have benefitted from this system. Other systems are, of course, available...try Jeremy Corbyn if you want a change.

What does surprise me is the number of people on this forum who think businesses are charities. 

i CERTAINLY dont want corbyn,brexit will bring a recession and he is going to be PM after the next GE,so god help the UK,i said 2 years ago brexit would deliver us corbyn and iam even more convinced now.

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

"Unfortunately, if we do end up with no deal between the UK and EU then there will be a hard border between NI and the Republic"

There won't be a hard border if nobody puts one there.  And nobody is going to. 

If the Irish government, is ordered to erect an hard boarder, by their masters in Brussels. Then so it will be.

The problem then arises,how will the republics export to their major customer be effected.

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

If the Irish government, is ordered to erect an hard boarder, by their masters in Brussels. Then so it will be.

i wonder what farage and bojo would do,i dont recall this problem/issue being talked about by either of them in the campaign,they were to busy mouthing on about NHS savings,yet it looks ever more likely this issue will kill brexit or certainly a hard brexit,anyone with a brain would of looked into this issue in a lot more detail,but then again they didnt expect to win it was just a game

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

i wonder what farage and bojo would do,i dont recall this problem/issue being talked about by either of them in the campaign,they were to busy mouthing on about NHS savings,yet it looks ever more likely this issue will kill brexit or certainly a hard brexit,anyone with a brain would of looked into this issue in a lot more detail,but then again they didnt expect to win it was just a game

That is an issue between Ireland and the E.U. 

They can sort that issue out between them .

The U.K. can keep our side of border with Ireland open , its up to Ireland/E.U whether they want to close their side of it 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is an issue between Ireland and the E.U. 

They can sort that issue out between them .

The U.K. can keep our side of border with Ireland open , its up to Ireland/E.U whether they want to close their side of it 

the border is between eire and the UK,not eire and the EU

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Dyson moving his head office to Singapore? Nice to see another leading Brexiteer backing Britain, nay, believing in Britain.

???? to Britain from Mr Dyson.

He moved his factory and most of the jobs abroad years ago.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

wont happen,total suicide 90% of business's and MPs know it,even farage and bojo know it,simple as that,i know its not what you want to hear but its the truth

Please show me where Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson have said or know that leaving the EU is total suicide unless you have their personal phone numbers.:coffee1::coffee1:

Archived