Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

22 hours ago, Loiner said:

My goodness, my Guinness.
I thought you were going to ignore me but are obviously too pompous to do that?
How do all Remainers harbour their opinion that everyone else is silly, misguided, moronic, or whatever insults spring to mind? Bigotry at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think they may read the Brexiteer comments on Thai Visa?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Don't understand what Belgium has to do with the content of my post. 

Forget the first sentence of my post as it is not really relevant. 

On the other side it is always interessant to read an opinion even if it is totally out of the subject. 

It was the opinion of someone who believes that England is an exceptional country, a great power in the world. Unfortunately he was born 200 years too late ... it is no longer, it’s just another country, like any other. A fact Brexiteers have failed to wake up to. As Belgium proved in last year’s World Cup. 

15 hours ago, nontabury said:

Can I suggest that that you watch this video. Kate Hoey a Labour M.P will give you her take, on where the money came from to support remain.

I'd rather believe the Electoral Commission, who exonerated the main Remain campaign.

Any comments on the fines levied by them on both main leave campaigns and the current criminal investigation into Leave.EU?

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

Despite knowing that region extremely well I am in fact in THAILAND but nonetheless am pretty good at this IT lark and am as sure as can reasonably be expected that the ports are as ready as they claim to be and that the Y2k-esque chaos hoped for by your side will be minimal. Easter, Bank holidays & bad weather will still see well rehearsed stacks on the M20/M2 which will be ruthlessly exploited by the 'we told you so's but the reality is that they're there several times per year every year as explained.

HTH

So you are ignoring the joint statement by the Port of Dover, P&O Ferries and DFDS in favour of spin from Leave.EU?

Can't say I'm surprised.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So you are ignoring the joint statement by the Port of Dover, P&O Ferries and DFDS in favour of spin from Leave.EU?

Can't say I'm surprised.

You can spin it as much as you like but all it proves is that you have once again been rumbled & i'll leave it at that.

18 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It was the opinion of someone who believes that England is an exceptional country, a great power in the world. Unfortunately he was born 200 years too late ... it is no longer, it’s just another country, like any other. A fact Brexiteers have failed to wake up to. As Belgium proved in last year’s World Cup. 

19 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

England is only one part of the U.K. And yes our finest days are behind us.

Although I beleive our future will be much brighter once we leave the E.u.

Just as a matter of interest, what country are you from? I ask this question, as you come over as someone who is very anti the U.K and it’s people.

F879B874-7296-4D16-BC98-84F0B1E76B1F.jpeg

1 minute ago, evadgib said:
7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Can't say I'm surprised.

You can spin it as much as you like but all it proves is that you have once again been rumbled & i'll leave it at that.

Dodging the question; yet again!

What a surprise; not.

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Relying on Piers Morgan?

Even more desperation from the poster who quotes Pat Condell as Holy Writ.

See my other answer re your (in)ability to spin anything to the point where the needle actually swings in your favour.

And since you mention Pat Condell...

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

England is only one part of the U.K. And yes our finest days are behind us.

Although I beleive our future will be much brighter once we leave the E.u.

Just as a matter of interest, what country are you from? I ask this question, as you come over as someone who is very anti the U.K and it’s people.

F879B874-7296-4D16-BC98-84F0B1E76B1F.jpeg

It's funny how most pro remain posters on here aren't even British, yet they think remain will win a second referendum

24 minutes ago, irishken said:
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and text

And you sir, are a typical remainer on these threads. By my estimates,60% are non Brits.

Allthough to be fair, you’re probably worried by the loss of our charitable contributions to the E.u. And as Irish you will know, that your country is a nett receiver.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It’s a pity a few more of you people don’t listen to Pat Connell. He sums you all (you know who you are) up very accurately.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you will find that on T.V you are not allowed to agree with P.C 

however to criticise him is quite acceptable.????

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Trade with the E.U and immigration are two separate issues though .

Not necessarily. With a no deal brexit the Brexiteers can drive the economy against the wall. After that, fewer workers from the EU will come to work in the UK.

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should learn to speak for yourself, like any normally developed adult.

Why is there so much interest from 3rd parties when the reverse sees barely a ripple on the likes of the many trump threads in the other direction?

Serious question seeking flame-free replies...

12 hours ago, evadgib said:

Why is there so much interest from 3rd parties when the reverse sees barely a ripple on the likes of the many trump threads in the other direction?

Serious question seeking flame-free replies...

You should try to be a little less passive in your statements.

Who are these ‘3rd parties’ to whom you refer?

The only people posting here are TVF members, all of whom are entitled to post comments.

If you have evidence of any ‘3rd parties’ posting here who are not members of TVF then I urge you to bring your concerns to the attention of the Moderators.

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should try to be a little less passive in your statements.

Who are these ‘3rd parties’ to whom you refer?

The only people posting here are TVF members, all of whom are entitled to post comments.

If you have evidence of any ‘3rd parties’ posting here who are not members of TVF then I urge you to bring your concerns to the attention of the Moderators.

I don't think it takes too much mental strain to work out that by third party he was referring to people who are not British.

He didn't say that certain people were not entitled to post comments, so not sure why you have implied otherwise, unless you are trying to flag something up for the moderators.

He was simply posing the question as to why non British people might feel so strongly about Britain remaining in the EU.

You should try being a little less sensitive in your responses.

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should learn to speak for yourself, like any normally developed adult.

You really wouldn't like it if I did speak for myself. Mods certainly wouldn't either, so I have to let Pat Condell give a more polite version.

8 minutes ago, rixalex said:

I don't think it takes too much mental strain to work out that by third party he was referring to people who are not British.

He didn't say that certain people were not entitled to post comments, so not sure why you have implied otherwise, unless you are trying to flag something up for the moderators.

He was simply posing the question as to why non British people might feel so strongly about Britain remaining in the EU.

You should try being a little less sensitive in your responses.

If he or anyone else has evidence that people posting are not entitled to, let’s be having it.

If he or anyone else has evidence of the nationality of other posters, let’s quit with the passive suggestions grow a set and produce the evidence.

As for flagging things to moderators, I tend to use the report button.

——-

Of course the underlying problem is evadgib wishes to deny the right of others to post in threads based on what he believes (despite no evidence) is their nationality.

We should expect such behavior from small minded nationalists.

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If he or anyone else has evidence that people posting are not entitled to, let’s be having it.

If he or anyone else has evidence of the nationality of other posters, let’s quit with the passive suggestions grow a set and produce the evidence.

As for flagging things to moderators, I tend to use the report button.

——-

Of course the underlying problem is evadgib wishes to deny the right of others to post in threads based on what he believes (despite no evidence) is their nationality.

We should expect such behavior from small minded nationalists.

Three cracks of the whip and a confession to being a 'bubbler-in-chief'?

No further comment this end.

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Wow, Three cracks of the whip and a confession that you are indeed a 'bubbler-in-chief!' All I asked was why are non-Brits/non-Europeans so pre-occupied with events in UK/EU when there is far less interest in the other direction!

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE QUESTION? (other than my support for the wrong side!)

That’s not the question you asked.

And once again you repeat your unfounded assertions.

You should perhaps spend more time discussing topics and less time imagining what might be the nationality of other TVF members.

As a non-Brit I find it highly fascinating to see a country (that I always respected) making such a mess and inflicting so much damage upon itself. It is baffling and despite the seriousness of the matter, in a certain sense, highly entertaining.

Unfortunately the effects of this whole fiasco will not only be felt in the UK but outside of it as well (Ireland, the Netherlands, France, rest of the EU and beyond).

The mere fact that some Brexiteers are amazed about the interest of outsiders in Brexit does indicate how narrow-minded they seem to be. Only focussed on their Brexit goal without much regard of the wider consequences. They really deserve to get what they wished for. Perhaps after a couple of years of Brexit isolation they will start to appreciate the EU more and realize what the consequences of leaving were.

5 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

As a non-Brit I find it highly fascinating to see a country (that I always respected) making such a mess and inflicting so much damage upon itself. It is baffling and despite the seriousness of the matter, in a certain sense, highly entertaining.

Unfortunately the effects of this whole fiasco will not only be felt in the UK but outside of it as well (Ireland, the Netherlands, France, rest of the EU and beyond).

The mere fact that some Brexiteers are amazed about the interest of outsiders in Brexit does indicate how narrow-minded they seem to be. Only focussed on their Brexit goal without much regard of the wider consequences. They really deserve to get what they wished for. Perhaps after a couple of years of Brexit isolation they will start to appreciate the EU more and realize what the consequences of leaving were.

'Poster' again? is it any wonder these boards have ground to a halt?

Archived