Australian woman sends desperate messages from Thai immigration detention

webfact

Australian woman sends desperate messages from Thai immigration detention

By The Thaiger

1ce3bd775fd862d199c5913e34ae4c62a482743c

PHOTOS: Facebook – Claire Johnson – founder and MD of Cosmetic Holidays International

Claire Johnson was due back in Sydney on January 8, but sent frantic text messages from a Thailand detention centre. She claims she wouldn’t be going home because ‘serious stuff went down’.

She sent texts to a friend saying she was ‘so scared… get media involved’.

A story in Mail Online says 46 year old Claire Johnson was due back in Sydney on January 8, but a week later contacted a friend to tell her she was ‘so scared’ and locked up in immigration detention.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/australian-woman-sends-desperate-messages-from-thai-immigration-detention

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-16

This article provides no details.

My supposition is that she has been arrested for illegally working given that :-

1. she came here on some sort of business

2. she wouldn't say why she was being detained

That all aside, the typical Thai response to any relative minor wrongdoing can often confuse those foreigners who are only familiar with developed countries in that :-

the punishment and detention conditions will be very harsh,

the lack of due process will be extremely disorientating

and the necessity to bribe oneself out will not be understood.

Strange that all those others in detention are able to keep their phone and she is not. Also strange that not much is told about why she is in detention. If she did not do a thing I am sure there would have been more coverage and more facts.

If it's the same, That cosmetic holidays I came across a few years ago bringing groups of people over to Thailand to have their cosmetic surgery and then recuperate in some resort for however many days needed and be out patient to the hospital.

They would need a W/P to operate that kind of business

If you had property for rent you could list it with them, sometime ago now

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

If it's the same, That cosmetic holidays I came across a few years ago bringing groups of people over to Thailand to have their cosmetic surgery and then recuperate in some resort for however many days needed and be out patient to the hospital.

They would need a W/P to operate that kind of business

I would add to that that if there is any input of medical care from this person, she would be in breach of laws or regulations relating to working in the medical field without authorisation from the appropriate professional body or council.

32 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

It seems there is nothing special about her case. 

She has apparently been travelling for a year and running a medical tourism company in Phuket. 

She has either overstayed or worked illegally and can't pay her fines.

Could she be owing monies to some medical institutions or trampled on someone toes hard enough to get the police and the immigration involved?...

And does she have a Thai license to practice? Can tell you they are quite reluctant to hand out those, you'll have to cross quite a few hurdles on the way. I believe the tests are conducted in English these days, but what makes them "let you through" requires more than just medical knowledge...

If the Australian Embassy refused to divulge any details then we have to wait for more information from the Thai authorities who knows exactly what she has done wrong.

Obviously she has done something wrong .Strange she didn't tell her friends why she was not boarding/arrested!!!

Oh Cosmetic representatives / agencies from Australia they always bite each other when it comes to bringing patients here, someone must have lost their clients to her and got a big commission from the case they sent to a hospital! and now time to tell the cops LOL 

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/help-me-australian-woman-s-desperate-messages-from-thai-immigration-detention-20190115-p50rdn.html

Ms Johnson describes herself on social media as founder and managing director of Cosmetic Holidays International, "a medical tourism agency that offers cosmetic packages in Phuket".

Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/CosmeticHolidaysInternational/posts/

Ok folks, hot off the press from Australia, seems this woman is a well known scam artist selling dental and cosmetic holidays to Aussies. However it is reported she took the money but didn't provide the service. Seems the common theme in my local rag from many women is a reference to karma being a bitch.

2 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

Ok folks, hot off the press from Australia, seems this woman is a well known scam artist selling dental and cosmetic holidays to Aussies. However it is reported she took the money but didn't provide the service. Seems the common theme in my local rag from many women is a reference to karma being a bitch.

Cosmetic holiday. The sort of thing someone would make up without any foundation in truth.

Archived