Australian woman sends desperate messages from Thai immigration detention

webfact

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And does she have a Thai license to practice? Can tell you they are quite reluctant to hand out those, you'll have to cross quite a few hurdles on the way. I believe the tests are conducted in English these days, but what makes them "let you through" requires more than just medical knowledge...

I took the MD reference in the article to mean "Managing Director," not Medical Doctor,  though that's just my assumption.

From the photos, it looks like she's been an active customer of her own company's Thai medical tourism services, particularly regarding augmentation.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And does she have a Thai license to practice? Can tell you they are quite reluctant to hand out those, you'll have to cross quite a few hurdles on the way. I believe the tests are conducted in English these days, but what makes them "let you through" requires more than just medical knowledge...

md = managing director in her case

she was not practicing medicine but marketing thai facilities to foreigners.

Australian woman deported from Thailand after overstaying by 111 days

By James Massola & Rachel Clun

Clare Johnson::Facebook.jpg

Claire Johnson // Facebook

Jakarta: An Australian woman who overstayed her visa by more than 100 days will be released from detention and deported by Thai authorities on Thursday evening.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1078720-australian-woman-deported-from-thailand-after-overstaying-by-111-days/

Archived