Thai monk defrocked and held after admitting sex with a 14 year old

webfact

Thai monk defrocked and held after admitting sex with a 14 year old

2pm.jpg

Picture: INN news

Police have arrested a monk at a Nonthaburi temple on charges that he committed statutory rape with a child under the age of 15. 

Phra Sorasak Siriphattho or Sorasak Jainork, 61, admitted the crime but said that the sex was consensual.

He was arrested on a warrant issued in Chaiyaphum in 2008 and has been defrocked and taken back to Ban Khai police station in that north eastern Thai province. 

Sorasak was reported to police in 2008 after it emerged that he had a relationship with a 14 year old M2 student who lived with her grandmother near a temple where Sorasak was a monk. 

They struck up a friendship and used to have sex regularly in the monks' quarters. Sorasak was 50 at the time. 

After the warrant was issued he went on the run and left the monkhood to get a job. Later he reordained and stayed in several temples before ending up in one in Bang Bua Thong where he was arrested. 

He said the relationship with "A" was consensual but the charge is of statutory rape meaning that the girl was unable to give her consent. 

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

Phra Sorasak Siriphattho or Sorasak Jainork, 61, admitted the crime but said that the sex was consensual.

Sure it was consensual... but still, you're a monk for god (budha) sake, you should know better, and it took 10 years to bring him to justice i'd like to know...

Another one arrested on an old warrant. It looks like someone has decided to go through the backlog of warrants a decade or more old and track some of these villains down. This dirty old scumbag deserves to be made an example of. Abused his position of trust and when finally apprehended, shows no remorse, and says it was consensual. The law has it right, too young to give consent, statutory rape. Jail him for the rest of his life and make sure the word is spread to prevent others doing the same. Good work by the BIB, finally, in arresting him.

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

He said the sex was consensual, WHAT!! A child of 14 having sex with a 50 year old man, shocking, disgusting pr++k.

Why did it take 10 years to arrest him?

Who does/ did he know to protect him for so long.?

I think its more laziness and incompetence then him having influence and power. 

A monk having consensual sex sounds like a contradictio in terminis to me.

In any case, I wonder whether other victims, if any, will come out now so it does not get away with a waai , a sorry , and a big smile ?

Some monks that I know devote their life to studies and their allocated tasks in their community.
They have my deepest respect.

This thing not.

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Rape is never consensual is it

Correct.

IMHO the mank / any man who touches underage kids in any way and claims it's consensual is insulting the intelligence of every Thai.

On top of that monks know they are not allowed to have any form of sex.

He needs a baseball bat between the legs every day for 6 months. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sure it was consensual... but still, you're a monk for god (budha) sake, you should know better, and it took 10 years to bring him to justice i'd like to know...

No it was not legally consentual when it is underage. That is the meaning of statutory rape, when ANY sex with a person of that very young age is deemed rape.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Correct.

IMHO the mank / any man who touches underage kids in any way and claims it's consensual is insulting the intelligence of every Thai.

On top of that monks know they are not allowed to have any form of sex.

He needs a baseball bat between the legs every day for 6 months. 

Underage sex seems to be practised rather often here.

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

He said the sex was consensual, WHAT!! A child of 14 having sex with a 50 year old man, shocking, disgusting pr++k.

Why did it take 10 years to arrest him?

Who does/ did he know to protect him for so long.?

These so-called Monks are a law on their own here. I thought Catholic priests were bad but these Monks leave them for dead. Feel sorry for Thai people being hoodwinked by these guys in orange robes. Then they even got the hide to come around and collect food when some Thais are flat out feeding themselves and their families. Sorry after reading this last chapter on the Monks I don't believe in them one bit

Archived