BANGKOK 19 February 2019 07:54
webfact

Chinese tourist hit by tour bus and killed while crossing the road in Jomtien

Chinese tourist hit by tour bus and killed while crossing the road in Jomtien

4pm.jpg

Picture: INN 

Pattaya Update News posted a video of the aftermath of an accident that killed a Chinese tourist in Pattaya last night. 

The tourist was crossing Soi Wat Bunkanchararam around 9pm and was hit by a tour bus belonging to Trans Pleasure Co Ltd. 

Driver Thanaphon Leewiset, 62, said there were screams from the passengers on his full vehicle as he braked hard when the tourist ran in front of him at a bend. 

Police found the windshield smashed on the front driver's side. 

CPR was performed at the scene but it was too late. 

A woman dressed in black was seen crying uncontrollably at the scene. 

The tour bus was on the way to a hotel in the Jomtien area.

Police are investigating.

Source: Pattaya Update News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

and somebody was commenting on hordes of chinese tourists arriving for their new year.... with what just happen, nothing to worry about, china will, again,  boycott thailand

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

You think 10 million tourists will boycott a country because one didn't look when he was crossing the road?

last time as I remember it, they boycott because some 27 of them disappear, now another 1 who knows?? it may.... I lived in China for many years and know how they think, trust me, you will be surprised by their reaction, we are talking about chinese minds, they don't use logic like we do

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

One of the biggest problems is that when you come from a country that drives on the right and you come to Thailand that drives on the left your tendacy is to look the wrong way before crossing.

It also doesn't help you to concentrate when all the taxi's and bahtbuses are horning all the time.

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

One of the biggest problems is that when you come from a country that drives on the right and you come to Thailand that drives on the left your tendacy is to look the wrong way before crossing.

I have 11 stiches on my leg to prove your theory......

• Like 1

Maybe he got frustrated waiting for the lights to change on the zebra crossing to stop the traffic. No, wait....

• Haha 2

Another poor Chinese returning home horizontally as the new year approaches the body count will rise as sure as the sun 🤔

• Like 1