Chinese tourist hit by tour bus and killed while crossing the road in Jomtien

webfact

Chinese tourist hit by tour bus and killed while crossing the road in Jomtien

4pm.jpg

Picture: INN 

Pattaya Update News posted a video of the aftermath of an accident that killed a Chinese tourist in Pattaya last night. 

The tourist was crossing Soi Wat Bunkanchararam around 9pm and was hit by a tour bus belonging to Trans Pleasure Co Ltd. 

Driver Thanaphon Leewiset, 62, said there were screams from the passengers on his full vehicle as he braked hard when the tourist ran in front of him at a bend. 

Police found the windshield smashed on the front driver's side. 

CPR was performed at the scene but it was too late. 

A woman dressed in black was seen crying uncontrollably at the scene. 

The tour bus was on the way to a hotel in the Jomtien area.

Police are investigating.

Source: Pattaya Update News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

Those Chinese pedestrians seem to be inexplicably unaware of the dangers of straying into the road, stopping in the middle of the road to consult a map or a phone, using the road as an alternative pavement and ordering vehicles to yield as they cross the road.

I have seen it multiple times. I don't get it. Can they not see / Do they not know Thai roads are very dangerous and vehicles can't or won't stop.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

and somebody was commenting on hordes of chinese tourists arriving for their new year.... with what just happen, nothing to worry about, china will, again,  boycott thailand

You think 10 million tourists will boycott a country because one didn't look when he was crossing the road?

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

You think 10 million tourists will boycott a country because one didn't look when he was crossing the road?

last time as I remember it, they boycott because some 27 of them disappear, now another 1 who knows?? it may.... I lived in China for many years and know how they think, trust me, you will be surprised by their reaction, we are talking about chinese minds, they don't use logic like we do

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

One of the biggest problems is that when you come from a country that drives on the right and you come to Thailand that drives on the left your tendacy is to look the wrong way before crossing.

It also doesn't help you to concentrate when all the taxi's and bahtbuses are horning all the time.

sad to say it was inevitable, i did post some time ago, it was a matter of time, i live here and the number of tourists, running to and from the beach and not even looking at all, i am very aware, watching BOTH kerbsides for a runner, what gets me is, they run to the middle of the road (when there is no traffic coming) and then decide to dice with death on the side where there is traffic  flow. see it every day, yes and always looking the WRONG way, how long before someone gets mown down on the fancy new crossings, yesterday i stopped by Bangkok Bank on second road, held both arms out to stop traffic, not bloody likely, a Black Fortuner, goes barrelling through the crossing

Thailand gives far too much lenienacy towards motor vehicular traffic add to that the lawlessness,.it has destroyed this country.now with air pollution crisis and the road carnage Thailand has to make some big changes to stop this insanity ..pedestrians are just an inconvienience

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

One of the biggest problems is that when you come from a country that drives on the right and you come to Thailand that drives on the left your tendacy is to look the wrong way before crossing.

I have 11 stiches on my leg to prove your theory......

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

last time as I remember it, they boycott because some 27 of them disappear, now another 1 who knows?? it may.... I lived in China for many years and know how they think, trust me, you will be surprised by their reaction, we are talking about chinese minds, they don't use logic like we do

A boat sank leaving 48 Chinese dead and The Deputy Prime Minister shifted all the blame to the Chinese company and Chinese staff. That naturally made them furious, saying he had no conscience,and led to a boycott. Actually there are vehicle accidents almost daily with Asian tourists injured or killed. I don't think this one incident will make any difference.

It sounds like the bus’s brakes work !

These bus drivers are utterly criminal, they only stop when they have a crash or killed someone, maybe ????

Otherwise you will be ironed out and rest assure hardly anyone will pay attention to it unles sof course it’s thai ????

Thai mindset vs Chinese mindset Humm I’m speechless..

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Those Chinese pedestrians seem to be inexplicably unaware of the dangers of straying into the road, stopping in the middle of the road to consult a map or a phone, using the road as an alternative pavement and ordering vehicles to yield as they cross the road.

I have seen it multiple times. I don't get it. Can they not see / Do they not know Thai roads are very dangerous and vehicles can't or won't stop.

The short answer is no, they dont.

Ten years ago there was hardly any private cars on the road outside the major cities and the majority lived in the countryside where they wandered at will. Now there's 220M private cars on the road but no change in the mindset. They're oblivious to danger.

Footnote. How do you teach 220M people to drive in 10 years? And you lot  think Thai roads are dangerous.

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

Thailand gives far too much lenienacy towards motor vehicular traffic add to that the lawlessness,.it has destroyed this country.now with air pollution crisis and the road carnage Thailand has to make some big changes to stop this insanity ..pedestrians are just an inconvienience

You are spot on 

But Thailand will never learn and change 

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it got them to the far side of the moon

Something missing here "Police found the windshield smashed on the front driver's side." firstly on these tour buses windows are fairly high off the ground and secondly you have to hit a windshield pretty hard to smash it.Either the bus driver was speeding or the chinese man flung himself upward and toward the windshield at high speed copying a kung <deleted> movie.

7 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The farang tourist are just as bad, today riding on a narrow road a female tourist while riding her bicycle was also using her phone, farang.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:
7 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it got them to the far side of the moon

no, that was pink floyd

Normally I would blame Thai drivers but after seeing how Chinese cross roads and myself having a few dozen near misses, I have to say Chinese need to use their brain when leaving hotel room.

they walk in the middle of the road, cross without looking, stop crossing for no reason at all, mind boggling what goes through their mind when they out in public 

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Agree and have had several near misses with these plonkers............I don't get it either, other than to think that they are plain stupid, and you can't fix that!

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Those Chinese pedestrians seem to be inexplicably unaware of the dangers of straying into the road,

It's not only limited to Chinese.  Same applies to the Brits, Aussies, Americans, Russians, Indians, etc.  

Archived