Bangkok pollution crisis: Now city resident sneezes up blood!

webfact

Bangkok pollution crisis: Now city resident sneezes up blood!

8pm.jpg

Source: Manager

A man went on Facebook to suggest that his health problems may have been caused by the current pollution blanketing Bangkok. 

Manager said that Nuttawut Sirichainarumit took medication after suffering from what he at first put down to a regular fever. 

But a day later after going out he was sneezing up blood and issuing warnings to his fellow Bangkokians to wear masks and look after themselves. 

He wasn't sure if the air quality was to blame but it sure seemed likely.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-16

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

He wasn't sure if the air quality was to blame but it sure seemed likely.

So he's jumping to conclusions.

Surely this is fake news (regarding the definite cause), and is only likely to start panic among those who know no better.

Soon we will see anyone coughing up blood blaming it on the smog, rather than a genuine medical condition.

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

So he's jumping to conclusions.

Surely this is fake news (regarding the definite cause), and is only likely to start panic among those who know no better.

Soon we will see anyone coughing up blood blaming it on the smog, rather than a genuine medical condition.

I get what you are saying although It could be a genuine nose bleed due to dry sinus and irritated by pollution although..

..but yes it is 'fear mongering' although if this is what it takes to start to change people then maybe its not a bad thing?

yesterday at the end of our soi the usual guys were there with their BBQ bellowing tons of smoke into the air..

..the old yellow buses were up and down the narrow soi what seems like every 60 seconds bellowing out black smoke..

...around the corner on the main road I saw an old motorbike drive passed with literally black smoke pouring into the air due to burning oil..

..etc etc...

No one seems to care since no rules are enforced let alone established. 

When staying with friends who live near Kamphaeng Phet, their neighbour burned their household rubbish first thing every morning.
The vile smell of smouldering plastic was hard to bear.

No one complained, everyone just accepted it.

Well you see, the biggest no no in Thailand is Confrontation!

We all know what dangers that can lead to!!

13 minutes ago, laislica said:

When staying with friends who live near Kamphaeng Phet, their neighbour burned their household rubbish first thing every morning.
The vile smell of smouldering plastic was hard to bear.

No one complained, everyone just accepted it.

Well you see, the biggest no no in Thailand is Confrontation!

We all know what dangers that can lead to!!

If that was even remotely true you would not have the military in the current situation and the guy delaying the election again.  I got a refund and extra 200 baht from a Thai company.  I got 4000 cash refund from AIS when I complained.  A ways away from us there have been 4 different owners of a restaurant because the villagers complained about the noise.  Dogs used to run loose till one day the dogs got confronted by a pissed off Thai Puyai.  You want to see confrontation?  Piss off a Thai woman who owns a knife and a duck.  Pshaw! I had the same problem.  I take my dog out early mornings.  I threw dog poop in the fire.  She stopped and she yelled at me.  Old lady.  Said I was number 10.  Haven't heard that since the Vietnam war. 

9 hours ago, lupin said:

My goldfish died yesterday after being out of the bowl for 5 mins... very bad pollution.

Coincidence?..... I THINK NOT!

My goldfish suffered worst fate, it jumps out of the bowl into the bread toaster which was toasting bread and I thought I smell some burnt stuff.

Pollution kills. Government recklessly mask it with spraying usless water that only shows better results for a short moment in the area and the constant checkingnof exhausts of traffic that exists everyother day whilst no one is stopping the burning of farms. Is it because an elections coming? Or the greedy pricks want those huge taxes on elec vehicles. Government should be held accountable for the murder of its citizens!!

UN needs to intervene. Citizens are desperate. Where i am its 328 pm2.5 right now. Been hosing black snow (burnt sugar cane) from cars, roof of house, etc since 4am. My neighbours are so ignorant and dum they all think its time to burn more and are bringing rubbish in to the area to burn. 

Dont want to upset the lazy farmers so let the killing of innocent citizens continue. Stupid unelected government pigs!!!

Pollution is incredibly dangerous! When one thinks of the Afghanistan war, one thinks of all the people killed. Actually pollution in Kabul kills more than the war. SOURCE: Click Here

Thailand and surrounding countries can be seen here https://www.stateofglobalair.org/air

Further  reading here Environmental issues in Thailand

FRIGHTENING

Not just humans suffering many birds are dying, especially the small ones, whose lungs cannot cope....

Very sad state of affairs all round.

http://www.environment.gov.au/resource/particles

We often see articles on TV, quoting PM10 and PM2.5, but what about the "Ultrafines" PM0.01

The Australian Gov article quoted above IS relevant to the "Bangkok Pollution Crisis" - Knowledge is  power, inform yourselves and implement your own strategies to protect your families and yourself.

Archived