Safety first?

fruitman

Yesterday i was on Don Mueang airport and my flight left from T1 which is ground floor. So i took the escalators down, looked behind me to see a 16 years old 40kg thai boy standing behind me holding a cart fully loaded with bottles of water (very heavy)....

I didn't make a pic because i guess the boy just was doing his job but it's a steap escalator and if he couldn't hold that heavy cart it would storm down crushing me and the other travellers on the escalator...????

I got pretty angry but when he was down with it i just told him that it was very dangerous to do that and bring me in big danger like that.

How can the Thai airport authorities let them do this every day (i have seen them doing this before) and i bet they do it every day to supply the shops with waterbottles.

It was just a standard pushcart with normal wheels...i guess it first has to go wrong before Thailand will wake up...But i can write here that if i get crushed like that the Airport Authorities can foresee a huge claim from my insurances and i'm pretty sure that after that they won't do this again....I have loads of insurances and they will pay all for me but send the claim to the one who's responsible...worldwide...

Thailand is such a 3rd world country...

A Thai doing something without thinking about the consequences? OMG

Was this your first time in Thailand?

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

But i can write here that if i get crushed like that the Airport Authorities can foresee a huge claim from my insurances and i'm pretty sure that after that they won't do this again....I have loads of insurances and they will pay all for me but send the claim to the one who's responsible...worldwide...

I'm sure they will have a good laugh before throwing the bill in the trash

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A Thai doing something without thinking about the consequences? OMG

Was this your first time in Thailand?

I'm sure they will have a good laugh before throwing the bill in the trash

I doubt it, this might end up in the newspapers if some quality tourist gets crushed by the heavy cart...caused by the airport staff who don't use the elevator for goods....

When in Thailand you are surrounded by many people who are too stupid to anticipate any problems with what they do and have absolutely zero common sense. There wasn't an accident today so what's the problem? If there was an accident they would be shocked that such a thing could happen as the possibility would never have occurred to them. And after it has happened they won't care because it's happened and nothing will change that, They might then change what they do for a week or so until it becomes too much trouble, in which case they go back to doing it the way they did before.

That's Thailand. Live with it.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:17 PM, fruitman said:

I doubt it, this might end up in the newspapers if some quality tourist gets crushed by the heavy cart...caused by the airport staff who don't use the elevator for goods....

Yeah then Big Joke will pay you a visit and you can get a selfie, and they will pay your medical bills and try to give you some cash, but say hey Dudes, its all cool, fix me up and give me a few Visas...

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah then Big Joke will pay you a visit and you can get a selfie, and they will pay your medical bills and try to give you some cash, but say hey Dudes, its all cool, fix me up and give me a few Visas...

A heavy cart like that can easy kill 2-3 japanese ladies when it storms down the escalator.

It has to happen first before thailand will finally do something but i'm sure a week later they'll do it like before because it's easy for them.

Also i wonder how much Thailand will pay my family in case i get killed this way....

Safety is not a high priority in Thailand. Get used to it. Some of the stuff I see here would have OH&S inspectors in Australia fainting.

The only pro-active action you can take is awareness. Complaining about it to a Thai is a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Safety is not a high priority in Thailand. Get used to it. Some of the stuff I see here would have OH&S inspectors in Australia fainting.

You mean like ladies holding a baby and a shopping bag jumping on Canal Boats? Barefoot welders?

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You mean like ladies holding a baby and a shopping bag jumping on Canal Boats? Barefoot welders?

And a family on a scooter without a single helmet between them. You forgot the welders without welding goggles.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, fruitman said:

I always try to walk BEHIND the water boy, then when the inevitable happens , I can safely watch it unfold.

Archived