Decent mid to low priced hotel between Nana and Asoke?

Kenny202

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel (1000-2000 baht per night) Hotel between Asoke and Nana

Preferably between Sukhumvit 4 and 13 would be perfect. Have stayed at the Miami, it was ok but pretty crappy.

Need guest friendly and prefer a rear entrance (No walk of shame or glares from receptionist)

32 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No idea about the last line of your post.

Hes embarrassed by having to walk past the front desk with an Ugly bar girl or a ladyboy or midget or "something" he got down near the dumpster at Sanam Luang.

I embrace that stuff myself. Especially if the Receptionist is hot! Make sure the Midget Ladyboy has a mustache and walk in with your arm around her and smile at the recptionist! Be proud to crawl in the Nana gutter!

Just to point out that "visitors" are generally required to show their ID card etc to reception or staff and that's for your protection and should not be frowned upon but people should be happy about.

Just a note of explanation for some readers.

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Ok for guests mate? Discreet entrance? Looks very good and great location even breakfast

A friend stayed there a couple of times and he had guests - no problem. But he didn't brink punk ladyboys so I am not sure if they have a limit somewhere ????

For most rooms you have to walk through the small lobby. They have at least one room outside the main building and before the lobby.

My information is from some time ago but I would be surprised if much changed. The place and location is good.

Majestic Suites, rooms are small but some come with a view of Nana Plaza.  Don’t worry about the receptionists, they’ve seen it all.  Also, Nana Hotel, the breakfast scene is memorable.

These hotels are popular and often fully booked, usually need a reservation well in advance.

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Stayed here a few times whilst down in Bangkok, good location, bar and Food etc on the ground floor.

http://www.ruamchitt.com/en/

No idea about the last line of your post.

Agreed, and definitely a step up in quality from Miami,.and even with the Thermae in the basement, it is a more sane area than NEP.  I wouldn't pay more than about 1400 per night, though..even as a two week millionaire.  Rooftop pool was great.  Girl needs ID...no fees..very secure.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, camble said:

Majestic Suites, rooms are small but some come with a view of Nana Plaza.  Don’t worry about the receptionists, they’ve seen it all.  Also, Nana Hotel, the breakfast scene is memorable.

These hotels are popular and often fully booked, usually need a reservation well in advance.

Two of the worst S holes in the city. 

Noisy and terrible smell I would not let my dog stay there.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, moontang said:

Agreed, and definitely a step up in quality from Miami,.and even with the Thermae in the basement, it is a more sane area than NEP.  I wouldn't pay more than about 1400 per night, though..even as a two week millionaire.  Rooftop pool was great.  Girl needs ID...no fees..very secure.

If I had ever stayed their I would have had a heart attack years ago.

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

Friend of mine always stays at the city lodge (think that’s the name) corner of soi 9. He rates it highly , nice clean rooms, good location and well managed. I think he pays around or under your budget.

At City Lodge, you need to ask for a room facing the rear or there's too much street noise.  Rooms are small, 24 sqm, but clean.

4663170334_1f955eb416_o.jpg

4724525058_79ed906d61_o.jpg

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

how sad is that, so you took a girl back to your room, and took a photo, us that live here would not stoop so low and is that the best you can do *hansum man* ??

I'm sure you can do better

Stable Lodge Soi 8, as mentioned before, is a really good choice!

ID-checks on the whores, pool (the swimming kind) and all balcony rooms.

NO safety deposit boxes in the room, though, but boxes in the reception.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, CharlieH said:

Just to point out that "visitors" are generally required to show their ID card etc to reception or staff and that's for your protection and should not be frowned upon but people should be happy about.

Just a note of explanation for some readers.

I spend 7 days in Bangkok with a Thai girl in a hotel I never was asked to show anything

Archived