Looking for Liquor Shop where i can buy 60 bottles for a party but they nee to accept returns a day later (like any decent shop in europe does)

fafafa

We host a wedding party in pattaya in march and since i don't drink any alcohol, i have no clue how much i should buy for those party people. I remember that back in germany, you just go to any drink related shop, buy a shitload of booze and they'll happily accept returns after your party. 

If i spend 50k on alcohol, i don't wanna spend 30k more for unused bottles which i then can donate to charity.

Does anybody know a legit shop? Bangkok or Pattaya area (we live in BKK, but wedding is hold in pattaya)

I used to run with various Pattaya Hash clubs and would purchase over 12 cases of beer every Sunday for overnight icing and serving on Monday with the empties returned each Tuesday. Any beer wholesaler should be agreeable but I don't think there's much demand for return of spirits bottles. However, if you also buy the spirits there, then an all-inclusive deal would probably be OK. The key to success is temporary storage of the cases the beer bottles came in. Folding them down for flat-packing, easy storage can result in a weakened case that falls apart under refilling and if they get wet, forget about them. AFAIK, there's no refundable deposit on the empties or price break on the purchase for returning the empties.

i just wanna buy 20L Vodka, 20L whisky and the unused/unopened bottles  should be picked up a day later and then refund me accordingly. 

i don't wanna have not enough booze on the wedding but i also don't wanna keep 20 bottles for the next 20 years as i don't drink them and neither does my wife.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I used to run with various Pattaya Hash clubs and would purchase over 12 cases of beer every Sunday for overnight icing and serving on Monday with the empties returned each Tuesday. Any beer wholesaler should be agreeable but I don't think there's much demand for return of spirits bottles. However, if you also buy the spirits there, then an all-inclusive deal would probably be OK. The key to success is temporary storage of the cases the beer bottles came in. Folding them down for flat-packing, easy storage can result in a weakened case that falls apart under refilling and if they get wet, forget about them. AFAIK, there's no refundable deposit on the empties or price break on the purchase for returning the empties.

Reading the post,I don't think he's talking about empties,but buying say 60 bottles

of booze,and if they only drink say 30 bottles,taking the remaining 30 bottles back

for a full refund, I cannot see that happening here,with so much counterfeit stuff

about

regards worgeordie

9 minutes ago, fafafa said:

i just wanna buy 20L Vodka, 20L whisky and the unused/unopened bottles  should be picked up a day later and then refund me accordingly.

I doubt a shop here will agree to such an arrangement. A solution might to buy some reasonable minimum number first, keep a motosai guy on call and send him off for replenishment as you see the need.

18 minutes ago, fafafa said:

yes, that's what i mean. the shop can overwatch our wedding party. if we hold a wedding party at a 5 star hotel, we won't try to cheat them for 20k and return them fake alcohol. lel

To be honest i've never heard of returning unused (opened or unopened) alcohol anywhere in the world.

But it seems it does happen in some places.

Just a quick thought, just idle curiosity, if the liquor shop takes back say 10 half full or one quarter full bottles of whisky what does the liquor shop do with it?

I have seen country clubs do it, as they are charging bottle prices to the party goers, but charging double or triple per bottle.  Just have a guy on standby to make the run...have cold beers on hand....the relatives of the bride are known for walking out with full bottles...

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

To be honest i've never heard of returning unused (opened or unopened) alcohol anywhere in the world.

Just a quick thought, just idle curiosity, if the liquor shop takes back say 10 half full or one quarter full bottles of whisky what does the liquor shop do with it?

literally every shop in germany does it. you buy 100 bottles, only opened 70 and they'll take 30 back the day after or a week later and return you the money. and they just sell it to the next guy.

opened bottles can't get taken back.

9 hours ago, moontang said:

I have seen country clubs do it, as they are charging bottle prices to the party goers, but charging double or triple per bottle.  Just have a guy on standby to make the run...have cold beers on hand....the relatives of the bride are known for walking out with full bottles...

most of them won't even attend the party as it seems to be too late for them ????

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

You have no common sense and can not read?

The question is about unopened, full bottles. Sigh ...

And in case you doubt the legitimacy of the question:  yes, if I have a party with 100 people, I buy for 150 "on commission" (that is how it is called in german, no idea if it translates correctly into english).

And if only 100 show up, or all drink milk, I return 50 casks of beer and get that part refunded.

Obviuosly I also return the empty bottles and get "the deposit".

And obviously every half empty bottle of booze I give a friend to take home ...

Archived