Cost of building a house

Tezza rose

I will tell you the real cost.

If you had patience you will lose it.

Your sanity, thats going also

Marriage...well if you survive it you will be lucky.

Your trust and confidence in so called builders....that will go within a week.

On a positive note, if you are overweight the pounds will drop off you quickly and relative to stress.

If you are already slim, prepare to look 20yrs older.

That was my experience, i reckon many others also.

19 hours ago, Tezza rose said:

Estimated cost of a single story house near prasat. Land already purchased!

How long is a piece of string.

If you need to ask how much building a house costs then I'm going to guess your definition or a house is vastly different to mine.

13 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I will tell you the real cost.

If you had patience you will lose it.

Your sanity, thats going also

Marriage...well if you survive it you will be lucky.

Your trust and confidence in so called builders....that will go within a week.

On a positive note, if you are overweight the pounds will drop off you quickly and relative to stress.

If you are already slim, prepare to look 20yrs older.

That was my experience, i reckon many others also.

What a sad, sad person.  Over 14 years I have built and bought a variety of houses.  I have not lost weight, nor my marbles and have a lovely Thai Wife who help was invaluable.  We became good friends with our Thai Builder and would often go out socially with him and his Managers.  We now have a little Resort and are as happy as Larry and are looking forward to the next 14 years!.  A bit like the previous Op who said he lives in Thailand and loves it!  And there are quite a few of us about, but of course they don't belly ache about their lot on Thai Visa!

Anybody have experience actually building a house? I mean with their own hands, not managing a local crew.
I have built a couple of small homes in the US in days gone by, and enjoyed it.
Just wondering if you would get into work permit, building permit,  hassles etc, if you tried it here.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:07 AM, shadowofacloud said:

Check out this forum: http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/

Lots of really useful information and people, who know what they are talking about.

Second this.....I used it as a template to my house build down south four years ago....much excellent information......I put my build in there and the help from other members was invaluable :thumbsup:

i has build 4 house my life but thailand has cheapen build, 9 month and base living house 2 bedroom,one bathroom,liveroom. 3000€ and later add more rooms and big kitchen and wery big palcony living room under house. cost all about 10 000€.

thai grynder made same size 3 room,2 bathroom,big liveroom,inside and outside kitchen,about 400 000 B if roof have tile 600 000€. center city one garage hall and 3 floor house cost 1,2 million full furnitures ready. this year prizes. pattaya same coist 3-5 million. bkk 10-20 million. have important were build, country have cheapen than city.

57 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

What a sad, sad person.  Over 14 years I have built and bought a variety of houses.  I have not lost weight, nor my marbles and have a lovely Thai Wife who help was invaluable.  We became good friends with our Thai Builder and would often go out socially with him and his Managers.  We now have a little Resort and are as happy as Larry and are looking forward to the next 14 years!.  A bit like the previous Op who said he lives in Thailand and loves it!  And there are quite a few of us about, but of course they don't belly ache about their lot on Thai Visa!

Like many, @eycatcher is only expressing how he feels about the extremely low standards in Thailand's construction industry.

Construction work is stressful for the homeowner in most countries but Thailand takes it to a whole new level. I am a half Thai mongrel and can speak the language quite well but since moving from Europe most of my stress and anger level has been lifted by useless incompetent Thai construction and service industry workers.

Concrete walls and flooring, tiling, iron framed and tile roof, inside kitchen, plumbing and electrical. I would expect to pay approximately 10,000 baht per square M.

Of course there are many "variables" that can alter this, like quality of kitchen and bathroom and light fittings and tiles.

But I built for less than 8000 TB per meter five years ago on Samui.

24 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

2.5 Million, land already owned by GF. 240 sq metres = 10k/ sq mtr

135 Moo4.jpeg

How long ago was that? I will be hiring someone to build a house on my wife's land in 2 or 3 years, but much smaller than yours. About 120 sqms. I would also be interested to learn what type of grass you have there. I have Malaysian grass by the side of my town house in Bangkok, but when we move upcountry I will need something a bit more hardy.   

30 minutes ago, GarryP said:

How long ago was that? I will be hiring someone to build a house on my wife's land in 2 or 3 years, but much smaller than yours. About 120 sqms. I would also be interested to learn what type of grass you have there. I have Malaysian grass by the side of my town house in Bangkok, but when we move upcountry I will need something a bit more hardy.   

2012. Grass was from some company up here I don't know the type but for me I just asked Tom Jones!

The bottom room (with the Man City coloured blinds) was supposed to be a car port, but I refused. It is my 'office/playroom. I have now built a car port/cover at the left hand side for Bht 10k.

7 hours ago, GarryP said:

How long ago was that? I will be hiring someone to build a house on my wife's land in 2 or 3 years, but much smaller than yours. About 120 sqms.   

Here you go 120sq mtres (2 bed 2 bath) built 4 years ago down near Trang..paid builder 380,000 baht build only sourced all materials ourselves....total cost 1.3 million.DSCN0334.thumb.JPG.9208c0b47b7bf6aef3bb59bf3749d441.JPG

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

My friend, regular readers know my comment is sarcasm with a big hint of truth.

I try to inject some humour to lightrn up miserable people.

It worked on quite a few, but you must be too dour for me!

Archived