Apple Store Bangkok.

watcharacters

Now that there's an official Apple  Store in Bangkok as opposed to resellers that confused many,  would anyone be able to share his or her experience there?

How helpful was the staff and such?

Was there the option to purchase and leave with the product you wanted?

Did you get all your questions answered?

How crowded was the store?

Anything you care to contribute?

It's located in the brand new Icon Siam center.  I walked around the huge store which looks just like western Apple stores.  Not being an Apple customer I can't answer some of your questions.  They did have dozens of staff members and multiples of all products on display, and the back of the store opens to a balcony with a great view of the river and city.

It's great Apple store. The classes are, I think all in Thai, but there might be exeptions I didn't ask. Thank god there's a Genius bar. You can make an appointment and have your device safely looked at and repaired or adjusted just like US.  The crooks in the Fortune "authorized" repair shop plugged something into my USB port on Mac Air and ruined it forever. They said they were diagnosing it. It never worked properly again and I got rid of it. Lousy creeps.

Nice staff and speak perfect English at Icon. Welcome to Bangkok, you were sorely missed. I hope all the authorized stores go out of biz, they were all unhelpful and/or nasty. Not trustworthy either.

17 minutes ago, dapperdan said:

It's great Apple store. The classes are, I think all in Thai, but there might be exeptions I didn't ask. Thank god there's a Genius bar. You can make an appointment and have your device safely looked at and repaired or adjusted just like US.  The crooks in the Fortune "authorized" repair shop plugged something into my USB port on Mac Air and ruined it forever. They said they were diagnosing it. It never worked properly again and I got rid of it. Lousy creeps.

Nice staff and speak perfect English at Icon. Welcome to Bangkok, you were sorely missed. I hope all the authorized stores go out of biz, they were all unhelpful and/or nasty. Not trustworthy either.

Thanks for the reply Dan.     I don't know when I'll be able to make it to the Bangkok store but  I'm sure I  will at some time in the future.

I called the  Thailand  Apple online  store today and spoke with a lady  about delivery times for  an iPad.      I asked her  if she'd been to the Bangkok Store  and if so what were her impressions.     She said positive things about the store and mentioned it wasn't as crowded as either the Singapore store or the Hong Kong store.    I was surprised to hear that as I know so many Thais never make it out of the country.   Turned out the lady had  as a part of her job to visit and observe various Apple stores in  different countries.

I'll be calling back this afternoon as I made my decision about which tablet to buy.     I hope I speak with the same lady again.

Oh yeah,  FYI.    When I went to a repair place in  Issan a few years back, I was surprised to  see the diagnostics that could be done with a direct cable connection to a MacBook Air.    When they started up the Air with a cable connection  in their shop,  it seemed all systems were reported as either  OK or needing attention.

It was a while ago but  it was something simple like holding down the letter "D" while starting the  Air.   Some members will surely be more keyed in on the proper  keys to hold while starting.   Maybe even Google shows it.

I went there the day it opened, not because I’m a big fan but because I was in Bkk and my phone broke the day before. 

It it was packed ( due to the grand opening) but I didn’t need to wait long for them to do some troubleshooting and sell me a replacement phone at a decent discount. 

Their stock seened adequate, they had my exact model in stock. 

They flew a lot of employees in from other stores for the opening, not sure how many employees are there now normally. 

I went there a week or so after opening...very large store with good help but they did not have the IPad I wanted in stock and suggested I order online with pick-up in the store. In the store you can bring your passport and get the paperwork necessary for a VAT refund which is not available if you order online for home delivery. I will return to USA soon so I decided to buy there at my local Apple store in Florida.

21 hours ago, dapperdan said:

Nice staff and speak perfect English at Icon. Welcome to Bangkok, you were sorely missed. I hope all the authorized stores go out of biz.

It'd be worth the trip to hear a Thai person speaking perfect English. ????

I visited Apple Store genius bar at Icon Siam today to replace the aging battery of my 4 years old iPhone 6. English speaking staff checked my iPhone and confirmed it is in need of battery replacement. He told me battery replacement will cost 1700 bahts and I can come back after 3 hours to pick up. When I came back after 3 hours, my iPhone was not ready. Staff explained to me that phone was damaged during battery replacement and Apple store will replace it with a new iPhone 6. I paid 1700 bahts for battery replacement and ended up getting a new iPhone.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 11:34 PM, sanmyintmaung said:

I visited Apple Store genius bar at Icon Siam today to replace the aging battery of my 4 years old iPhone 6. English speaking staff checked my iPhone and confirmed it is in need of battery replacement. He told me battery replacement will cost 1700 bahts and I can come back after 3 hours to pick up. When I came back after 3 hours, my iPhone was not ready. Staff explained to me that phone was damaged during battery replacement and Apple store will replace it with a new iPhone 6. I paid 1700 bahts for battery replacement and ended up getting a new iPhone.

"I paid 1700 bahts for battery replacement and ended up getting a new iPhone."

While Apple's far from perfect they do frequently treat the customer with excellent consideration.

I tend to think of Apple as  being the Costco of the IT world without the lower  or highly competitive prices.

Amazing place and a 1000% better option than buying Apple at iStudio or any other places in Thailand . With that said the 2019 Windows gaming computers with new generation of Graphic cards and i9 processors with better cooling make the Apple computer choices ( especially with laptops ) seem extremely overpriced and silly with their heat issues and speed always being throttled down seriously a real spoiler .

Archived