Superstar cop 'Big Joke' on his rise and plans for expats, visas

snoop1130

On 1/17/2019 at 12:11 AM, Thaidream said:

I would rather have a 90 day report than a 10 year visa which isn't 10 years with the accompanying requirements of 3 Million Baht and outrageous medical .requirements, He's not talking about anything new but a change in the  Immigration act so local Immigration offices can process this Visa which is not new.

I'll get excited when he recognizes my marriage to a Thai along with the fixed assets I have provided  my Thai family such as a house; support of Thai children abandoned by their Thai father; various purchases of land; as well as cars and other monies sent on a yearly basis which I can easily  prove. Sorry, If I don't believe any of this nonsense 

"Abandoned by their Thai father"  omg how can you say such an awful thing.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ginjag said:

Health Insurance  AXA   example 120,000 baht 1 year payment up front,  100,000 baht excess in one year, before any payment made to the hospital by the insurer, after that the insurer will cover the rest of the year.   NO outpatients covered,  any pre existing conditions will not be covered,   this is for over 75 years of age.      What is worrying is the Pre conditions, a admin friend at the hospital told me that insurers in general will always try to relate the hospitalisation to a pre existing condition... This is alarming.   A big % of people have a kidney stone however small, so you go to hospital wit a kidney infection etc, they will not pay.....

My idea is to get a outpatients insurance,  and fund my own air fare back to the UK for treatment.

A little off topic BUT if you are made to have medical insurance for over 75 you have a problem.......out patients for most people are the most frequently used.  Re cap a mega problem is emergency in patient will cost you, minimum 5,000 UK pounds.

"What is worrying is the Pre conditions, a admin friend at the hospital told me that insurers in general will always try to relate the hospitalisation to a pre existing condition."

Agree entirely with the above ☹️.

23 hours ago, Hummin said:

So where do you find better terms and better life? I would like to know. 

I am told by a friend who lived here for 8 years and moved to Viet Nam 18 mths ago, that he is far better off and feels more secure there than he did over the last 5 years in Thailand.

24 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

"Abandoned by their Thai father"  omg how can you say such an awful thing.

Because it's true- learn to speak Thai and have a discussion- it's common practice in Thailand because there is no legal way to make the men pay for their children.  I have also seen Westerners father children in Thailand and not take responsibility for their progeny.

22 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Possibly, but I think us expats who have lived here for a few years are a bit jaded when it comes to statements from politicians and the like ☹️.

I think that about 12 months ago, some official was talking about putting a small levy on all visas and investing it into an insurance scheme so that everybody is covered. Surely this would raise millions for a very good reason. Does anyone remember this.

12 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Why loss of face? just a cultural thing. Thai men would rather marry a pale-skinned younger woman with no children. Certainly not one over 35, whereas most farang like to rescue farmer's daughters from a life at the Pink Pussy bar as a cashier, and are willing to move to remote place in the middle of nowhere and help her lazy family.

Now there is the voice of experience.    ????

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

I am told by a friend who lived here for 8 years and moved to Viet Nam 18 mths ago, that he is far better off and feels more secure there than he did over the last 5 years in Thailand.

Im thinking the long distance, and if the Yellow danger should kick off, where do you think they would start? 

I am sure that a 10 year visa will only be extended to the wealthiest foreigners so that will leave me out.????

The current program now allows a visa to be issued with only 65K baht in play.  Deposit one month in a Thai bank from a foreign account.  Then withdraw the amount and send it back overseas. Then repeat ad infinitum.

The acceptance of retirement pension letters from providers makes a lot more sense.  The US Social Security letter is an example.

I question the removal of the 90 day reports.  That alone provides many government jobs.  The Thai penchant for huge amounts of paperwork would also be thwarted.  I do not think this is going to happen without a substitute.  

So same old, same old!

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Im thinking the long distance, and if the Yellow danger should kick off, where do you think they would start? 

Ho Chi Minh trail would be up and running within minutes if the Northern Masters so desired. However the commies do it with loansharking these days, they wisened up.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

So can I now claim to be a refugee escaping Donald Trump in America? And no more need to renew my retirement visa?......Could the Brits claim to be a refugee from Brexit ?..........

Speaking on Wednesday, the newly appointed head of immigration, Surachate Hakparn, said refugees would no longer be returned home “involuntarily”.

Thailand’s immigration chief has pledged a reversal of the country’s notoriously harsh treatment of refugees following the global furore around a young Saudi woman’s attempt to seek asylum

On 1/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, humbug said:

i have a horrible feeling about this! Last few weeks many mentions of immigration act changes by joker home boy.

I am sure this is the start of a public negotiating tactic to get embassies onside, sure they dont have to care but its better than having embassies offside, and any initial changes would be luke warm but the longer this nationalist gang stay in power then we know over years the changes will become more earth shattering for many foreigners. 

Just looking back last year shows me that these guys have already laid some twisted plot for the future reduction of many of us

Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out..........simple right??   It's their country, their rules, they decide if you are good or bad, like Santa Clause.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, humbug said:

i have a horrible feeling about this! Last few weeks many mentions of immigration act changes by joker home boy.

I am sure this is the start of a public negotiating tactic to get embassies onside, sure they dont have to care but its better than having embassies offside, and any initial changes would be luke warm but the longer this nationalist gang stay in power then we know over years the changes will become more earth shattering for many foreigners. 

Might be worth noting that our Joker works for the immigration police, which enforces (sometimes) the immigration act inside Thailand.

Embassies belong under Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they issue visas outside Thailand, the rules for them come, as far as I know, from the Ministry itself and Cabinet decisions. 

Since it's Thailand, the left hand very likely does not know what the right hand does.

23 hours ago, ttrd said:

Average tourist spend about 2 weeks so you can split your calculation in half meaning approx 1/12 of what a retired expat spends each year so yes it seems like someone have made a calculation and not only an assumption this time - may it last...:thumbsup:

I was erring on the TAT side!

6 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

I think that about 12 months ago, some official was talking about putting a small levy on all visas and investing it into an insurance scheme so that everybody is covered. Surely this would raise millions for a very good reason. Does anyone remember this.

"putting a small levy on all visas and investing it into an insurance scheme"

Good idea, which is probably why we have heard no more about it!

One thing I'm certain of -- if there is a new 10 year retirement visa and the current annual extensions and current requirements go away, a significant percentage of current retired expats won't be able to meet the new levels. Including me. Time to fire up the Spanish lessons again. 

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

One thing I'm certain of -- if there is a new 10 year retirement visa and the current annual extensions and current requirements go away, a significant percentage of current retired expats won't be able to meet the new levels. Including me. Time to fire up the Spanish lessons again. 

Como Estas---How are you

Cuanto Por Poco Tiempo........How much for short time

I don't care about the 90 day report. Done online it's ten minutes at worst. Leave the country, it's 1-2 a year.

All the ridiculous bloody paperwork. Can't they...?

Determine who has consistently submitted proper documentation over 5 years and give them 3-5 year extension jeezus?!

10 year visa or PR for those married and have have submitted consistent paperwork. Supporting Thai wife. Submit KR2 annually online. Penality for fraud, one year jail at your expense and deportation.

Retirement. Five year visas for 800k. Ten year visas for 1.5m. submit proof online. Because this lot will be older and can't suffer prison. 2m baht fine for fraud, deportation.

Only offer this to typical EU and Oceanic countries.

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

m thinking the long distance, and if the Yellow danger should kick off, where do you think they would start?

They have already started by investing in huge infrastructure projects. Next will be trying to control food production and making sure all the exports are controlled by friendly officials. After that- the intermarriage will produce progeny in key positions in the government. Then it's over.

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

All the ridiculous bloody paperwork. Can't they...?

Determine who has consistently submitted proper documentation over 5 years and give them 3-5 year extension jeezus?!

10 year visa or PR for those married and have have submitted consistent paperwork. Supporting Thai wife. Submit KR2 annually online. Penality for fraud, one year jail at your expense and deportation.

Retirement. Five year visas for 800k. Ten year visas for 1.5m. submit proof online. Because this lot will be older and can't suffer prison. 2m baht fine for fraud, deportation.

Only offer this to typical EU and Oceanic countries

Never happen in 1,000 Years!!!

Malaysia has been doing something very similar for a long time. http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en You can own your own house, and buy one car tax free. In Indonesia if you are married to an Indonesian, your wife sponsors you for your first year visa. After that, no more financial requirements. There is no 90 day reporting. The process is, a 1 year visa. Then another 1 year visa. Then a five year visa. Then another 5 year visa. After that a lifetime visa. After 10 years, so 3 years into your second 5 year visa, Your wife is no longer required to sponsor you, you can apply for visas by yourself. If you are not married you can get 1 year visas, with similar financial conditions to Thailand. One of the conditions is that you must hire an Indonesian maid. You cannot own a house and land. In Bali you can get 99 year leases on condo's. 

Archived