BANGKOK 20 February 2019 05:41
snoop1130

Superstar cop 'Big Joke' on his rise and plans for expats, visas

3 lanes for Chinese and only one for other foreigners.

That is because the Chinese have not yet woken up to all the Thai scams the way that other farang have.  Out with the old and in with the new.  :cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I'll get excited when he recognizes my marriage to a Thai along with the fixed assets I have provided  my Thai family such as a house; support of Thai children abandoned by their Thai father; various purchases of land; as well as cars and other monies sent on a yearly basis which I can easily  prove.

And the Thai IMM folks can say to themselves: Well if some farang is willing to do all that under the existing regulations, why do we need to change anything?

• Like 1

Rubbish. Joke is a type of rice porridge.

Don’t tell me !!

Tell KhaosodEnglish.com !

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

Panama, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines ( Philippines also allows your pension free increment increases so you always are on full pension, my mate there gets 160 UK pound a WEEK, I in Thailand get 87 UK pound a week. (capped for 11 years now )

What about Yemen or Liberia?.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Oman could be a nice place if you like seasport! One of the nicest countries I have been to, nature as the people there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Don’t tell me !!

Tell KhaosodEnglish.com !

Thais call him joke waan jiab, a type of porridge. 

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

south sudan or DR Congo maybe

Wait until all is revealed,  90 day reports could be shortened to weekly,  10 year visa only for the very rich, why would they want a pauper here for 10 years,  just saying don't be too optimistic. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Rubbish. Joke is a type of rice porridge.

Joke is on you.  His dad (quoted in the article) says it refers to playing card joker.  His father gave him the nickname.  😁 

Thais call him joke waan jiab, a type of porridge. 

So I understand, but according to the link in the OP it came from playing cards !

Hence my “I’ve never heard that before “reaction .

So, is the rice porridge theory a myth or are KhaosodEnglish.com guilty of dodgy reporting ??

15 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I'll get excited when he recognizes my marriage to a Thai along with the fixed assets I have provided  my Thai family such as a house; support of Thai children abandoned by their Thai father; various purchases of land; as well as cars and other monies sent on a yearly basis which I can easily  prove. Sorry, If I don't believe any of this nonsense 

I think he would just laugh at you marrying "second hand goods with baggage"(as Thai men see it, and would never dream of doing and laugh at farang doing it) and throwing money away to her, as you obviously aren't able to buy a house or land in your name.

Edited by MrPatrickThai
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

So I understand, but according to the link in the OP it came from playing cards !

Hence my “I’ve never heard that before “reaction .

So, is the rice porridge theory a myth or are KhaosodEnglish.com guilty of dodgy reporting ??

try reading KhaoSod Thai

1 minute ago, oldrunner said:

At 78 I don't have 10 years left.

And especially if you wear a gold chain, drink heavily and are out in Pattaya at 3am or drive a motor bike, or do wrong to a Thai family, or have a balcony on your condo.+