Superstar cop 'Big Joke' on his rise and plans for expats, visas

snoop1130

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic news. 90 day reporting must be the biggest waste of time ever dreamed up by out of touch bureaucrats. It has no benefit at all to the state and costs the reporters time, money and effort. 

The problem is will we see something worse take its place.....like every other day reporting. TIT after all.

The 10 year visa has been mooted before.....it was ridiculously expensive and was not a 10 year visa as it had to be renewed after 5 years. TIT after all.

16 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Funny that he is talking about making staying here easier, at the same time that it seems to be getting much harder. Coincidental timing no doubt?

16 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Exactly what is  making it harder? 

I think this individual as his  head screwed on the right way despite his obvious ambition.

I was about to ask the same question.

But, of course he is making it harder - for some. Other than those who here illegally, there are I'm sure many who were being less than honest when it came to claiming that they met the required financial criteria.

And that, I'm sure, is why the embassy letter method was challenged.

No coincidence at all. The man is doing the job he's being paid to do.

9 hours ago, impulse said:

A single female Thai co-worker of mine just got a 10 year visa for the USA, on her first application.

Miracles happen...

Sounds like a tourist visa allowing multiple limited stays over a period of ten years, not a residence permit of any kind.  Those are not very hard to get from the US.  Just have to show sufficient ties to your home country.

LoL, so it will be a 10 year visa, but you need to show proof of income EVERY year to keep the visa valid ????? 

Stupid statements by incompetent Big Fools, prompt questions such as,

1. If 90 day reports are so important to security of the nation (as we have been told a hundred times already), why would they ever be cancelled? (who is lying?)

2. What other country in the world would allow Police Officers to make changes to the Nation's Laws ?

3. Is it normal that the Government and Ministries would allow Police who openly announce their personal opinions and biases about legal cases and events to keep their jobs ? 

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

LoL, so it will be a 10 year visa, but you need to show proof of income EVERY year to keep the visa valid ????? 

Stupid statements by incompetent Big Fools, prompt questions such as,

1. If 90 day reports are so important to security of the nation (as we have been told a hundred times already), why would they be cancelled?

2. What other country in the world would allow Police Officers to make changes to the Nation's Laws ?

3. Is it normal that the Government and Ministries normally allow Police who openly announce their personal opinions and biases about legal cases and events to keep their jobs ? 

1. If 90 day reports are so important to security of the nation (as we have been told a hundred times already), why would they be cancelled?

I have talked about this with the IO at Jontien. He agrees that hey are a waste of time and sees no point in them.

Where does it say that he personally will change the law?

3. Is it normal that the Government and Ministries normally allow Police who openly announce their personal opinions and biases about legal cases and events to keep their jobs ? 

In Thailand, perfectly normal. You're not in Kansas now Dorothy.

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

If you married to a Thai woman you should automatically get residency after 5 years without conditions

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

After a psychiatric assessment.????

3 minutes ago, wobalt said:

If you married to a Thai woman you should automatically get residency after 5 years without conditions

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

even if you had divorced in the mean time???? you said without conditions

A Vision by Thailand ???, Cambodia offers Residency to Foreigners, Malaysia MMM2H 10 year visa , panama Permanent Residence to Foreigners after 6 months living there , Indonesia 5 year resident visa x 5 Years at a time.

All these countries welcome expats with open arms with no hassles or drama because they know we have dollars.

But there  Attitude will beat the Thais and they will back away from Permanent residency or long term visas

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“Surachate was born in 1970 in Songkhla. His father, also a policeman, based his son’s nickname on his favorite playing card: the joker.”

Haven’t heard that one before !

Let’s hope abolishing 90 day reports isn’t one of his “jokes “ !

Rubbish. Joke is a type of rice porridge.

14 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I'll get excited when he recognizes my marriage to a Thai along with the fixed assets I have provided  my Thai family such as a house; support of Thai children abandoned by their Thai father; various purchases of land; as well as cars and other monies sent on a yearly basis which I can easily  prove.

And the Thai IMM folks can say to themselves: Well if some farang is willing to do all that under the existing regulations, why do we need to change anything?

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

Panama, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines ( Philippines also allows your pension free increment increases so you always are on full pension, my mate there gets 160 UK pound a WEEK, I in Thailand get 87 UK pound a week. (capped for 11 years now )

What about Yemen or Liberia?.

Thais call him joke waan jiab, a type of porridge. 

So I understand, but according to the link in the OP it came from playing cards !

Hence my “I’ve never heard that before “reaction .

So, is the rice porridge theory a myth or are KhaosodEnglish.com guilty of dodgy reporting ??

15 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I'll get excited when he recognizes my marriage to a Thai along with the fixed assets I have provided  my Thai family such as a house; support of Thai children abandoned by their Thai father; various purchases of land; as well as cars and other monies sent on a yearly basis which I can easily  prove. Sorry, If I don't believe any of this nonsense 

I think he would just laugh at you marrying "second hand goods with baggage"(as Thai men see it, and would never dream of doing and laugh at farang doing it) and throwing money away to her, as you obviously aren't able to buy a house or land in your name.

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

So I understand, but according to the link in the OP it came from playing cards !

Hence my “I’ve never heard that before “reaction .

So, is the rice porridge theory a myth or are KhaosodEnglish.com guilty of dodgy reporting ??

try reading KhaoSod Thai

1 minute ago, oldrunner said:

At 78 I don't have 10 years left.

And especially if you wear a gold chain, drink heavily and are out in Pattaya at 3am or drive a motor bike, or do wrong to a Thai family, or have a balcony on your condo.+

25 minutes ago, Spidey said:

After a psychiatric assessment.????

Double laugh on that one.

The 10 year Visa free and no 90 day reports wow really?

So what is the motivation to be here at all?

They do have some hope that people with these Visas/extension will occasionally spend some time in the country and maybe spend a little money.  Tough concept to believe for some I guess.

Archived