Superstar cop 'Big Joke' on his rise and plans for expats, visas

snoop1130

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Eligius said:

This guy is NOT a 'superstar'. He is a sickening narcissist. He is only labelled a 'superstar' because the foolish media keep sucking up to him and giving him the oxygen of publicity.

For Goodness' sake: media, just ignore this bloated, strutting moron. He is all talk anyway. He has NOT got our best interests at heart - that is for sure.

I will never trust anyone full of medals, ribbons, and funny ranks which he has probably paid a lot of money for.

Guys can any one tell me just one thing immigration has done to make visas more easy in the last 10 years ? Online 90 day reporting being the exception....Man loads of you guys are so gullible you will believe any thing they say...... 

The last 10 year visa was a complete turd......

If this was a roulette wheel red and black says the next 10 year visa will also be a turd green says the 10 year visa will be really great visa.........The odds do not look good...  

4 hours ago, ginjag said:

All you have to do is re locate, The UK has a reciprocal agreement with the Philippines, not Thailand regarding pensions 

5 hours ago, superal said:

Can we borrow your mates Philippine address please  ?

All you have to do is re locate, The UK has a reciprocal agreement with the Philippines, not Thailand regarding pensions

Hi Ginjag ,   Twas  just a joke and I understand the reciprocal issue thanks , I forgot to put an emoji at the end which would have made it more obvious .

5 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Guys can any one tell me just one thing immigration has done to make visas more easy in the last 10 years ? Online 90 day reporting being the exception....Man loads of you guys are so gullible you will believe any thing they say...... 

The last 10 year visa was a complete turd......

If this was a roulette wheel red and black says the next 10 year visa will also be a turd green says the 10 year visa will be really great visa.........The odds do not look good...  

Believe and hope is what make the world go forward....:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

If he scraps the 90 day and brings in a 10 year visa with reasonable financial requirements he will be a superstar in my book. People moan about immigration hoops then when somebody plans to make things easier- they still moan! I don't think personal insults towards the officer are of any help.

Depends on what the "reasonable financial requirements" are.

You can bet they won't be in our favour. Nothing from the Thai government ever is.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

a. I you consider your self entitled to a free visa, right?

b. No you don't need 8 million in the bank. 800.000 for 10 years doesn't make it 10 times the value.

c. at 70 years of age you should have health insurance anyway, and it is not the Thai government that sets the price.

Oh wait you must be the kind that expect others to pay you medical cost when get sick, isn't it?

Idon't consider myself- entitled to anything free.  You missed the point- I am saying that the 10 year visa will have  a high cost and the average retiree will never be able to afford it.  The Average UK and Australian Pension is less than 65K per month. The average American Pension is the same.  How many people do you know who can park millions in a Thai bank. Hell, many can't even get together 800K right now.

I have no problem with health insurance- I have  US military disability but it isn't about me- it is about a potential proposal for retirees.  The OX Visa already exists- never heard of 1 person that has it and the requirements are  3 Million Baht in a Thai bank. Apply for it- if you desire.

Ok the gu says get rid of 90 day report and a new 10 year visa, lets remember he can recommend but someone else or a group of someone else will make the decisions. Good move on his part but as usual people here start the speculation before anyone has a shred of information abot what the deal is. Do not get in a hurry applying for that 10 year visa until it comes out. I am happy with what I have got, if something better comes along well good for us all. If they do a 10 year stay who in their right mind would think it would be cheaper than a one year.

21 hours ago, Thaidream said:

However, it comes with heavy qualifications starting with medical insurance purchased from only a Thai Company unless one already has the proper health insurance from the home country. 

The O-X is not just that - health ins from a Thai co.  I have that, and with better coverage than their reqs.... But I don't qualify.

It has to be health ins of specific policies offered by only THREE participating Thai insurers -- none of whom are any of the ones most commonly used by farangs here...

We already know about the 10 year visa proposal, with it's draconian bank deposit requirements, that are beyond what most can afford. The concept of Biggest Joke actually doing something that benefits ex-pats almost boggles the imagination. He is single handedly one of the most annoying people in Thailand, does little to fight crime, improve conditions, or exhibit any level of competence. Hopefully, he will be gone, along with all of the army types, and high ranking cop types, after this next election. 

The 90 reporting is a silly rule, that really serves very little, in the way of a purpose, other than just to keep tabs on our movement. 

4 hours ago, Alphy said:

My wife is Thai and my 2 daughters who are also Thais. Presently my eldest daughter has gained entry to Mahidol University starting in March this year. To-date we have had to fork out with University Entrance Fees Uniforms and Miscellaneous Uni costs. This is yet to include accommodation and living expenses. I am not sure what Daughter number 2 wishes to do? They have both attended English Programme Schools at a cost of 40,000 Baht per annum from a very young age. Just to remind the authorities that these 2 girls will be contributing to Thai Society mostly with £££££££ eventually. The expenditure so far is well in excess of a million Baht. My point is that to manage a family as an expat already comes at a costs and continually trying to bleed us dry simply makes no sense. Most expats I know spend all their cash flow in Thailand taking care of immediate family and extended family. Most of us respect the Country and avoid breaking any of its Process and Procedures. Why are we continually being penalised??

No doubt there are many other tales out there of the treatment or lack of consideration from the Thai authorities to farangs . There are many good guys such as yourself who make a significant contribution to their local communities and Thai families and in my book that demands respect but hey , TIT and we cannot apply western logic here .  I just wish that the expats could have a point of contact in the Thai government dedicated to our position of being retirees or residents of Thailand . We ask for nothing from the country but give so much and it seems to be either taken for granted or overlooked .  Long term residents should not be in the same grouping as that of tourists  when it comes to visas , health insurance etc etc .

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The O-X is not just that - health ins from a Thai co.  I have that, and with better coverage than their reqs.... But I don't qualify.

It has to be health ins of specific policies offered by only THREE participating Thai insurers -- none of whom are any of the ones most commonly used by farangs here...

Health Insurance  AXA   example 120,000 baht 1 year payment up front,  100,000 baht excess in one year, before any payment made to the hospital by the insurer, after that the insurer will cover the rest of the year.   NO outpatients covered,  any pre existing conditions will not be covered,   this is for over 75 years of age.      What is worrying is the Pre conditions, a admin friend at the hospital told me that insurers in general will always try to relate the hospitalisation to a pre existing condition... This is alarming.   A big % of people have a kidney stone however small, so you go to hospital wit a kidney infection etc, they will not pay.....

My idea is to get a outpatients insurance,  and fund my own air fare back to the UK for treatment.

A little off topic BUT if you are made to have medical insurance for over 75 you have a problem.......out patients for most people are the most frequently used.  Re cap a mega problem is emergency in patient will cost you, minimum 5,000 UK pounds.

20 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

When was it that it was getting much harder?

I read he did away with the embassy letters, which makes it easier for most, unless they have been using the embassy letter in the past because that way they could bypass the actual rules.

I also read a post just today about someone in Chiangmai who did his retirement extension and didn't have to take post at the door at 4am as usual, so I assume it was also much easier for him.

Or you probably meant to say, makes it much harder for the undesirable?

HE didn’t 'do away with the embassy letters' - the embassasies themselves did when a TI official decided to flex his muscles and ask for further verifications which the embassies said couldn’t be done. The latest 65k per month foreign transfer into a Thai bank is going to open a whole new can of worms ,not because of the 65k ,but because most fx companies (Transferwise,World first etc) have to use a clearing bank in Thailand who then transfer the funds to your Thai bank (e.g. Kasikorn) and that shows up in your account as a domestic transfer. I’ve just renewed my visa today (on an embassy income letter) and asked exactly how next year this would be overcome and exactly what proofs they needed . I showed them fx transfer confirmations ,the financial trail and the subsequent arrival in my account (classified domestic transfer) and they hadn’t a clue what it all meant. They want a letter from your bank confirming a foreign transfer ...which of course they cannot give because their system shows domestic.

Cue chaos on this for those relying on income method.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

The OX Visa already exists- never heard of 1 person that has it

Here's the website that has info re the insurance requirements for the O-X visa. As I said above, they'll only accept health insured from the THREE listed Thai insurers, and not any others.

Not BUPA, not AXA, not Pacific Cross, not Cigna, not any of the most common and major Thai health insurance providers that expats in Thailand often use.

Doesn't matter if you already have health coverage from a company outside Thailand. Doesn't matter how much higher coverage you may have with a different/other insurer in Thailand.

To qualify for an O-X, you have to have health insurance ONLY from one of these three companies.

I had my Thai insurance broker check on this for me, and she checked around, and checked with Pacific Cross, and confirmed what's listed below.

B.S.!!!    Not B.J.

https://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/

From the requirements listed on the Thai Embassy in the U.S.

7. Health insurance plan as listed on website http://longstay.tgia.org.

https://longstay.tgia.org/

961079830_2019-01-1717_49_57.jpg.287bab4b3278db4f5f48363b110cf81d.jpg

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Again, they cannot do away with the 90 day reports as they would have to overhaul the entire Non-Immigrant visa system which is nigh on impossible not to mention they lack the will to bother doing it.

All they need to do is to scratch section 37.5 of the immigration act: http://thailawforum.com/database1/immigration-law-mejesty-6.html , nothing to do with visas.

And while at it remove the TM30/28 as well by scratching section 38 and 37.2-4. 

Easy if they really wanted to do it.

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

HE didn’t 'do away with the embassy letters' - the embassasies themselves did when a TI official decided to flex his muscles and ask for further verifications which the embassies said couldn’t be done.

Yes he did, as he allowed to show monthly transfers in your Thai bank account, which was previously not allowed. The TI official didn't " flex" his muscles he, as well as anyone who used the letters, was aware of the abuse that happened and decided to enforce the law.

The latest 65k per month foreign transfer into a Thai bank is going to open a whole new can of worms ,not because of the 65k ,but because most fx companies (Transferwise,World first etc) have to use a clearing bank in Thailand who then transfer the funds to your Thai bank (e.g. Kasikorn) and that shows up in your account as a domestic transfer.

They want a letter from your bank confirming a foreign transfer ...which of course they cannot give because their system shows domestic.

Well you clearly are aware of the rules, and nobody forces you to use Transferwise or other service that save you a few Baht.

If the rules ask that you show a bank letter confirming a foreign transfer, then you should transfer the money in a way that shows a foreign transfer. If you don't it means it is YOU who is opening that can of worms.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:03 PM, fruitman said:

Well his latest invention the special lanes for chinese at immigration is a real big joke.

Yesterday there was 1 lane for foreign passports open and 3 for chinese.

But there were blond  people in the queue for chinese so another asian behind me asked if we also could use that lane for chinese, sure the official lady said....so that's what we did.

When I arrived at CNX two weeks ago there were 4 lanes for CHinese and 1 for Thais and 1 for farangs. And they were ushering the Chinese into the two non-Chinese lanes. 

Nothing against the Chinese but they are everywhere in C.M. glutting the streets and restaurants, mobbing the Wats to take pictures and not to pay homage to the sacred.

Not saying anything against the Chinese but IMO they should stay home in China. They will desecrate the sacred sites of Thailand and drive the common people down into wretched poverty worse than they are experiencing now under the corrupt ruling elite in power. That is what they did in Tibet and there is no reason to think they will be any more benign to the Thai people once they have taken control of everything.

6 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Yes and that is why there will never be a recognition of what I suggested. Too much loss of face for the fragile Thai male ego and it appears some Farang ego's also.

Why loss of face? just a cultural thing. Thai men would rather marry a pale-skinned younger woman with no children. Certainly not one over 35, whereas most farang like to rescue farmer's daughters from a life at the Pink Pussy bar as a cashier, and are willing to move to remote place in the middle of nowhere and help her lazy family.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:50 AM, Thaidream said:

I hope I am wrong but I really don't see  Thailand being a preferred destination for retirees in the future unless they are very wealthy

Thailand has a goal to become like today's Malaysia in terms of per capita GDP by 2034. So by 2034, immigration will also be like MM2H - at least 85K USD in liquid cash and 2,5K in income. 

10 hours ago, bluesea said:

A Vision by Thailand ???, Cambodia offers Residency to Foreigners, Malaysia MMM2H 10 year visa , panama Permanent Residence to Foreigners after 6 months living there , Indonesia 5 year resident visa x 5 Years at a time.

All these countries welcome expats with open arms with no hassles or drama because they know we have dollars.

But there  Attitude will beat the Thais and they will back away from Permanent residency or long term visas

And there's probably a bunch of moaning old expats on IndonesiaVisa.com complaining about whatever it is that irks them about visa processes there and saying "Thailand is bringing in 10 year visas, maybe it's time we moved".

Yawn.

11 hours ago, bluesea said:

Cambodia offers Residency to Foreigners, Malaysia MMM2H 10 year visa , panama Permanent Residence to Foreigners after 6 months living there , Indonesia 5 year resident visa x 5 Years at a time.

All these countries welcome expats with open arms with no hassles or drama because they know we have dollars.

I wonder why you are still wasting your time in Thailand

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

And there's probably a bunch of moaning old expats on IndonesiaVisa.com complaining about whatever it is that irks them about visa processes there and saying "Thailand is bringing in 10 year visas, maybe it's time we moved".

Doesn't look like it: https://www.expatindo.org/community/threads/how-to-obtain-indonesian-citizenship.4104/

I'd never move to a muslim country though.

How long ago was it that you could get a PR easily in Thailand? 30y ago? Must've peaked somewhere in the 80's, just like the rest of the world. Getting worse everywhere since then.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Thailand has a goal to become like today's Malaysia in terms of per capita GDP by 2034. So by 2034, immigration will also be like MM2H - at least 85K USD in liquid cash and 2,5K in income. 

What do you think Thailand 4.0 is really about? What do you think all this escaping the middle income trap rubbish is all about? They want to make Thailand a EXPENSIVE place to live just like Singapore....They see Singapore as the perfect model to strive for in every way.....Only problem with this I have yet to meet even one expat who ever wanted to move to Singapore.....Hell most guys you could hardly pay them to live there...lol...........Never remember any one on Thai Visa saying they wanted to move to Singapore either.....So they are striving for things many came here to get away from.... 

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes he did, as he allowed to show monthly transfers in your Thai bank account, which was previously not allowed. The TI official didn't " flex" his muscles he, as well as anyone who used the letters, was aware of the abuse that happened and decided to enforce the law.

Well you clearly are aware of the rules, and nobody forces you to use Transferwise or other service that save you a few Baht.

If the rules ask that you show a bank letter confirming a foreign transfer, then you should transfer the money in a way that shows a foreign transfer. If you don't it means it is YOU who is opening that can of worms.

If he’s 'done away' with embassy letters why are there some embassies still providing them and why will that still allowed by TI? Would you also like to explain what more stringent checking methods say the Swedish embassy is carrying out vs the British where I had to submit uk bank statements showing pension/ rental income? 

You say using a transfer company is just to save a few baht. My UK bank would charge £25 per transaction = £300 per year = 12000 baht per year . What about those who no longer have a bank account in their country of origin so have no other choice than to use an fx company like Transferwise? 

Those having their UK pension paid directly into their Thai bank account by the government also does not use the expensive direct bank transfer route so that will also show up as a domestic transfer- thought about that have you?

You simply haven’t thought all this through . 

Not all older retirees want to be married, preferring to live quietly alone. They might not be wealthy, but spend their money in the country which is an asset to Thailand. Over a certain age, they should be allowed to get basic Thai health insurance as western insurance can be far too expensive for over 70's.

Archived