Marry Thai outside of Thailand

As of recent I was denied entry into Thailand (30 day exemption) because I have a ton of tourist visas over the last year. I want to come back to marry my gf and now cannot inside Thailand. Im curious if we could get married somewhere close like Singapore. She isnt able to come to America to do so for some time, so looking for a way to marry her outside of thailand and the US, my home country. Anyone heard of doing this?

Edited by bcarrawa

Firstly, where did you try enter Thailand. If airport bkk then sure problem because you had TON setv.

Where are you now. Seems not Thailand. Perhaps fly somewhere like loas (Vientiane) etc and try enter there.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

When did you try to enter on a visa exempt stamp and was it a land border crossing ?

You are only allowed two of those per calendar year and as its a  new year ,you would be allowed now to enter , if you were refused for already having two 

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

When did you try to enter on a visa exempt stamp and was it a land border crossing ?

You are only allowed two of those per calendar year and as its a  new year ,you would be allowed now to enter , if you were refused for already having two 

Good point as you mention its now reset. I asked op above some details about this. I'm sure he could enter los with some creative thinking. Traveling to another country just to get married seems crazy. Not even to mention finance family. Anyway up to op. Sounds weird

Edited by DrJack54
Error

3 hours ago, bcarrawa said:

As of recent I was denied entry into Thailand (30 day exemption) because I have a ton of tourist visas over the last year. I want to come back to marry my gf and now cannot inside Thailand. Im curious if we could get married somewhere close like Singapore. She isnt able to come to America to do so for some time, so looking for a way to marry her outside of thailand and the US, my home country. Anyone heard of doing this?

Go to a neighboring country (Penang is recommended because you can fly to Kuala Lumpur if coming from the USA) and then enter through Malaysia/Thai border crossing by train. Have 20K baht (or equivalent in foreign currency). Once inside Thailand, you can marry her in Thailand to avoid complication and paperworks required for marriage-based Non-O processing. If you want to take her to the USA, you can apply for fiance visa. Fiance visa is comparatively easy to obtain. But she must marry you once in the USA. If she does not, she will have US entry problem in the future. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bcarrawa said:

Can I marry a thai national in Singapore at the embassy? We wouldnt live in Singapore, but would then acquire the visa to enter thailand.

I don't think that is possible or would be very difficult.

The best thing to do is to resolve the problem so you can enter the country. A denial of entry does not mean you can never enter again.

Best to try a somewhat friendly border crossing. Not easy to fly to Vientiane Laos but possible. Fly into Kuala Lumpur and take a train to Padang Besar and enter there. Phnom Penh and enter at any crossing other than Aran/Poi Pet.

You don't need to get married elsewhere, then deal with legalizing documents so they will be accepted in Thailand.  All you need to do is enter Thailand, then get married.  Your recent refused-entry makes this more difficult - but still very do-able.

The key is to avoid the entry-points which enforce a made-up a rule about "too much time before" - Enter with a Tourist Visa at a Friendly entry point.  Unfortunately, the "bad entry point" list currently includes both Bangkok airports, and one land-border (Poipet/Aranya) - so avoid using those, even with a Tourist Visa.

Getting paperwork/marriage takes time, so better to get a Tourist Visa for this reason as well - giving you a 60-days permitted-stay stamp on entry, which can then be extended. 

If you are in the USA now, the best choice would be to get a Tourist Visa from a Thai Consulate in the USA before starting your trip. Then, fly to KL or Penang, and train into Thailand through Pedang Besar. 

If outside the USA, flying to Vientiane, getting a Tourist Visa there, then entering by land to Nong Khai would be the surest-method.  Thai Consulates in Vietnam could also work for getting a Tourist Visa, though you'd still need to fly to Vientiane or Penang - or go on a long bus-ride through Cambodia, avoiding the Poipet entry-point to enter Thailand.

But let us know where you are - maybe there is a better-option for you.