UK General Visit Online Application Mistake

Hi, 

I've just filled in an application online for my wife for a UK visitor visa, and have the interview tomorrow afternoon. However, I've just realised that I incorrectly stated my daughters birthday! 

Am I correct in understanding that there's no 2 ways about it, I have to cancel the appointment and request a refund, then submit it all again?

I can't amend it as in the past.

Thanks in advance. 

I am not sure if you have enough time to do this but when I did exactly the same thing with my partners application,I emailed the UK visa helpline,at the appropriate cost,they said they would pass the message on but with no guarantee.

When my partner arrived at Trendy they had a piece of paper for her to sign saying the change of date was correct.So some type of message must have been passed toVFS

I sent the email about a week before the actual appointment so It maybe too short notice for you to do anything.You could ask at Trendy because this piece of paper looked like it had been pre printed with just the details of the change hand written.

Thanks for the replies. Apparently, from 2016, editing the hard copy it not accepted (according to the stickied post in this forum). There's no longer any mention of this on the application, or anywhere for additional notes. 

8 hours ago, TehBen said:

Thanks for the replies. Apparently, from 2016, editing the hard copy it not accepted (according to the stickied post in this forum). There's no longer any mention of this on the application, or anywhere for additional notes. 

My apologies; I should have kept up to date.

However, did your wife attend her appointment anyway, and if so what happened?

• 1 month later...

Archived